McBeane Confidence

McBeane  

261 members have voted

1. 1. How much confidence do you have that McDermott will be a successful head coach for the Buffalo Bills within the next 2-3 years?

2. 2. How much confidence do you have that Beane will be a successful GM for the Buffalo Bills within the next 2-3 years?

7 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

1. That is wildly untrue. This is why hyperbole is so toxic.  "Every single time they talk."  I mean, really, when they were saying that it is a QB driven league and you have to get the passing game going, they weren't saying running game and defense comes first.  This kind of garbage is how false narratives start.  

2. They have made clear that QB and the passing game is most important. 

3. Context matters.  We do not have a QB.  We have to rely on RB and defense until we get a franchise QB.  That does not mean that philosophically they don't understand that QB needs to come first.   

2. Doesn’t seem clear at all. Talk is cheap. When we have explosive 300 yard plus performances weekly then we will know there is an actual emphasis.

7 hours ago, sven233 said:

We don't have a QB.  We don't have weapons.  The trades and picks we have made for offensive players have all been terrible (Allen excluded because it is too early).  Show me 1 time that they have identified a great offensive player that has contributed to our team.  Show me 1 bit of proof they know what offensive talent looks like.  I'll wait, but not too long because there is no answer.  You can have blind faith that they can figure out the offense.  But I haven't seen 1 example to show me, or anyone else for that matter, that they know what a good offensive player looks like.  The only decent offensive talent they had on their team they traded away or let go and now they are contributing to other teams.  Name the 1 guy they have brought in on offense that has made us better.  They can talk about it being a QB driven league all they want.  That is an obviously fundamental statement that the entire NFL knows.  It's about walking the walk and not talking the talk.  Right now our offense is worse than offenses that played on the 30's and 40's.  How long do you think they get to crawls out of the stone age on offense?  This league is about what have you done for me lately......  They don't have forever to get it right.

Huh?  They were here 1 draft.  And they took the most important offensive player in a QB which you just said is too early to know.  So what are you talking about?  I mean they took 1 offensive player in the first half the draft in a Allen.  So how can you say any of this?  Nothing you are ranting about actually makes sense in this regard in any of your posts here.  

For anyone to judge their ability (good or bad) to find offensive talent in the draft is literally just making stuff up at this point to serve their opinion because they have not yet had the opportunity to demonstrate if they can or can’t outside of Allen...which again is too soon to judge.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Huh?  They were here 1 draft.  And they took the most important offensive player in a QB which you just said is too early to know.  So what are you talking about?  I mean they took 1 offensive player in the first half the draft in a Allen.  So how can you say any of this?  Nothing you are ranting about actually makes sense in this regard in any of your posts here.  

For anyone to judge their ability (good or bad) to find offensive talent in the draft is literally just making stuff up at this point to serve their opinion because they have not yet had the opportunity to demonstrate if they can or can’t outside of Allen...which again is too soon to judge.

Name 1 good offensive player they have added to the team in 2 years........  We're not talking about weeks or months here.  We're talking 2 years of players that have come and gone.  Go ahead.....name 1 good offensive player they have identified.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What are you talking about?  You do realize Beane, our GM, was here only 1 draft right?  

McDermott has been here for 2 drafts and picked the players he wanted.  Beane has been here the entirety of last season and this season.  By the time the end of the season rolls around, they will have been here 2 full seasons.  Two drafts and two off seasons to bring in any type of offensive talent at all.  That's more than enough time to show you understand what is needed, not just talk about it.  They have let good players go and replaced them with downgrades.  Name 1 offensive player that has been brought in that has been any good at all in 2 seasons that should inspire faith that they can turn this offense into a modern NFL offense. 

A fan’s definition of success may be much different than what McDermott and Pegula agreed upon.  He may have laid out a plan that advocated for a methodical approach on a timeline most fans would find intolerable. 

So, in reality, the only measure of success is if he is accomplishing the goals he has privately set for the organization with the owner. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What are you talking about?  You do realize Beane, our GM, was here only 1 draft right?  

If you truly think Beane, who was hired after McDermott, who the Pegulas were smitten with, is calling the shots, I have some oceanfront property in Montana to sell you.

They may work in tandem, but McDermott absolutely has a strong voice in player moves. Nothing happens without his blessing. Nothing. The neglected offense is on him as much as Beane.

Edited by JM57
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

A fan’s definition of success may be much different than what McDermott and Pegula agreed upon.  He may have laid out a plan that advocated for a methodical approach on a timeline most fans would find intolerable. 

So, in reality, the only measure of success is if he is accomplishing the goals he has privately set for the organization with the owner. 

Possible. But hard too believe. Based on how Pegula has handled goals or lack of them for his other sports team he owns.

Pegula has tried and failed in the past to get someone experienced  in who could oversee the operation. He certainly is not qualifed or experienced in team building strategy. But he owns the teams. 

29 minutes ago, sven233 said:

McDermott has been here for 2 drafts and picked the players he wanted.  Beane has been here the entirety of last season and this season.  By the time the end of the season rolls around, they will have been here 2 full seasons.  Two drafts and two off seasons to bring in any type of offensive talent at all.  That's more than enough time to show you understand what is needed, not just talk about it.  They have let good players go and replaced them with downgrades.  Name 1 offensive player that has been brought in that has been any good at all in 2 seasons that should inspire faith that they can turn this offense into a modern NFL offense. 

1 draft dude...ONE.

Step away from the ledge.

21 minutes ago, JM57 said:

If you truly think Beane, who was hired after McDermott, who the Pegulas were smitten with, is calling the shots, I have some oceanfront property in Montana to sell you.

They may work in tandem, but McDermott absolutely has a strong voice in player moves. Nothing happens without his blessing. Nothing. The neglected offense is on him as much as Beane.

I think you need a tin foil hat if you think Beane isn’t running the ship as a true GM.  

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

1 draft dude...ONE.

I think you need a tin foil hat if you think Beane isn’t running the ship as a true GM.  

McDermott has has 2 drafts.....  FACT

Beane and McDermott have had 2 full off seasons of free agency.......  FACT

Beane and McDermott have had 2 full off seasons to trade for 1 good offensive talent...... FACT

Beane and McDermott have not brought in 1 good offensive player........  FACT

But hey.....keep your blind faith going.  I wish I could do that.  It would make following this team a lot more enjoyable.  But I go based on actions and their actions in 2 seasons show they have yet to identify a good offensive player.

Edited by sven233

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

1 draft dude...ONE.

You're ignoring all the quotes and evidence to the contrary if you think McDermott's voice isn't equal or nearly equal to that of Beane

8 hours ago, SDS said:

Measured, reasonably intellectual take. 8/10, would read again.

With so much player turnover I hate complex systems ( Rex D , Castillo blocking). Stay with basic brute force on OL . 

I think the zone secondary was the biggest surprise for me to click so soon. They must have lucked out on the right players.

11 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

When they used those words.  Thats when they made it clear.   

Also, Goodwin and Woods weren't here by the time McDermott got hired.  

I started to go point by point, but my god this one of the craziest posts I have ever read. 

McDermott and Beane talk the talk but they sure as hell don't walk the walk.  Their actions clearly demonstrate that they don't care about offense.

• Both Goodwin and Woods were still under contract when McDermott was hired well before FA (he was hired in January IIRC).  Free agency doesn't begin until March, and Goodwin and Woods were allowed to walk away in FA.  I believe that Woods may not even been offered a contract. 
  • With no other decent veteran WRs on the roster in TC except Jordan Matthews, McDermott and Beane traded away Sammy Watkins for a draft pick.
  • The Bills finally got around to trading for what was supposed to be a top WR, Kelvin Benjamin, at the trade deadline although Matthews had been mostly injured since TC.

In order to defend these incompetent clowns, you have to make up crap and rewrite history.  Now that's crazy, but carry on.

Edited by SoTier

54 minutes ago, SoTier said:

McDermott and Beane talk the talk but they sure as hell don't walk the walk.  Their actions clearly demonstrate that they don't care about offense.

• Both Goodwin and Woods were still under contract when McDermott was hired well before FA (he was hired in January IIRC).  Free agency doesn't begin until March, and Goodwin and Woods were allowed to walk away in FA.  I believe that Woods may not even been offered a contract. 
  • With no other decent veteran WRs on the roster in TC except Jordan Matthews, McDermott and Beane traded away Sammy Watkins for a draft pick.
  • The Bills finally got around to trading for what was supposed to be a top WR, Kelvin Benjamin, at the trade deadline although Matthews had been mostly injured since TC.

In order to defend these incompetent clowns, you have to make up crap and rewrite history.  Now that's crazy, but carry on.

It took cutting half the team to get us out of cap hell, but you advocate that they should have resigned Woods and Goodwin, two WR who up to that point had greatly underachieved in Buffalo, all while we did not have the QB of the future?  No rational person could look at that and think it was a smart move.  This ENTIRE board pounded the table not only for Goodwin to be let go but for him to be CUT (because that is how the board operates- anyone who doesn't immediately contribute needs to be cut).  We were NEVER going to be able to keep all those guys.  

They traded Sammy so they could get their QB.  Sammy (the #2 receiver in KC) wanted more than we were going to give him.  We got great value from what was an asset that would walk away.  All that aside, WRs don't mean anything without a QB.  

This really all brings us back to the true lesson of having Sammy, Woods, Goodwin and Hogan on the same team: that it means NOTHING without a QB.  Those guys, with good or average QB plays, have become stars.  That is because of the QB, nothing else.  The first step is the QB.  The rest falls into place afterwards.  Thats what the Eagles did, that is what the Rams did.  Why is all of a sudden incompetence for us to do the same thing?  

10 hours ago, sven233 said:

Name 1 good offensive player they have added to the team in 2 years........  We're not talking about weeks or months here.  We're talking 2 years of players that have come and gone.  Go ahead.....name 1 good offensive player they have identified.

Dion Dawkins. (Admittedly the only offensive player added that I think is definitely good at this point)

And no, that isn't a jab at Allen or hate. Allen could be very good, but at this point he is not yet.

3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Dion Dawkins. (Admittedly the only offensive player added that I think is definitely good at this point)

And no, that isn't a jab at Allen or hate. Allen could be very good, but at this point he is not yet.

Dawkins is a good player.  He isn't going to help score points, but a good player.  I will say this.  It may be hard to gauge just how good he is yet, though, because he is the best lineman on a team with below average lineman.  He is going to stand out.  Is he a top tackle in this league yet?  No.  But he is serviceable to this point and hopefully will keep getting better and I think is someone you can win with.  They need another tackle, 2 guards, and a center, though!!!  HA!

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

It's quite clear that McBeane's plan is to build this team long term. Whether or not they're doing it correctly is obviously up for debate, but they're clearly focused on the long term. How much confidence do you have that they'll succeed within the next 2-3 years?

So far I'd say the future looks good... QB Josh Allen, WR Zay Jones, OT Dion Dawkins, ILB Tremaine Edmunds, DT Harrison Phillips, CB Tre'Davious White, OLB Matt Milano, S Micah Hyde, DE Trent Murphy, DT Star Louteleilei. All of these players are solid building blocks but this team needs a dominant edge rusher, #1 WR, future RB, a solid #2 corner, RT and a C or G which seems like a bunch but if we can hit on 2 or 3 this season and the rest the following season then I see this transitioning completely by 2020.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, sven233 said:

McDermott has has 2 drafts.....  FACT

Beane and McDermott have had 2 full off seasons of free agency.......  FACT

Beane and McDermott have had 2 full off seasons to trade for 1 good offensive talent...... FACT

Beane and McDermott have not brought in 1 good offensive player........  FACT

But hey.....keep your blind faith going.  I wish I could do that.  It would make following this team a lot more enjoyable.  But I go based on actions and their actions in 2 seasons show they have yet to identify a good offensive player.

Seriously man, get a grip.  One draft...and cleared cap space.  You need a Valium 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2