McBeane Confidence

McBeane  

261 members have voted

1. 1. How much confidence do you have that McDermott will be a successful head coach for the Buffalo Bills within the next 2-3 years?

2. 2. How much confidence do you have that Beane will be a successful GM for the Buffalo Bills within the next 2-3 years?

While it hasn’t looked good at all thus far, I’m giving the staff an incomplete for now. They get the off-season to fix the mess. If they can’t, I’ll turn on them like I have every qb/staff for the last 20 years. 

1 minute ago, teef said:

While it hasn’t looked good at all thus far, I’m giving the staff an incomplete for now. They get the off-season to fix the mess. If they can’t, I’ll turn on them like I have every qb/staff for the last 20 years. 

Pretty much the same, my problem is the offense is so bad this year I don't see Allen learning much, now next year with a better line and better wrs he may actually learn something, so the 7-9 season I had this year pegged as might be what we get from Allen next year.   Then in 2020 you might see a competitive football team.     

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

It's quite clear that McBeane's plan is to build this team long term. Whether or not they're doing it correctly is obviously up for debate, but they're clearly focused on the long term. How much confidence do you have that they'll succeed within the next 2-3 years?

...certainly agree and I understand his approach......will once again (oh well) wear out my reference to the Steelers model....3 HC's in 48 years, Colbert as GM since 2000, non-meddling ownership who let football people run the show, keep/extend their own versus shelling out FA $$$, and have SIX Lombardis to show for it...2009 SB victory featured 19 out of their 22 STARTERS acquired via draft......McDermott owned the 2017 draft.....McBeane arrives and the two are together for the first time with 2018 draft.....2019 is year two which they certainly deserve.......with 10 picks and FA $$$, it should shed some serious light on this partnership and the future direction of this club long term........will defer the CONFIDENCE question until I see what they collectively together in year two accomplish with draft and FA moves....stay tuned..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

31 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...certainly agree and I understand his approach......will once again (oh well) wear out my reference to the Steelers model....3 HC's in 48 years, Colbert as GM since 2000, non-meddling ownership who let football people run the show, keep/extend their own versus shelling out FA $$$, and have SIX Lombardis to show for it...2009 SB victory featured 19 out of their 22 STARTERS acquired via draft......McDermott owned the 2017 draft.....McBeane arrives and the two are together for the first time with 2018 draft.....2019 is year two which they certainly deserve.......with 10 picks and FA $$$, it should shed some serious light on this partnership and the future direction of this club long term........will defer the CONFIDENCE question until I see what they collectively together in year two accomplish with draft and FA moves....stay tuned..........

I don't care how much you're planning for the future. Even if you're openly tanking (and the only reason to do that would be for a generation QB prospect) your offense cannot ever be this bad, even if this was the 70s. This offense is unacceptable stop trying to spin it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I don't care how much you're planning for the future. Even if you're openly tanking (and the only reason to do that would be for a generation QB prospect) your offense cannot ever be this bad, even if this was the 70s. This offense is unacceptable stop trying to spin it.

...seriously?...what the hell did I ever SPIN?......first "tank talk" inclusion is asinine...Cuban paid the NBA 600 grand for "tank talk".....STRIKE ONE......this offense is highly NON-COMPETITIVE  for numerous reasons....tell me where the hell or to whom I gave a pass for this woefulness......HINT: no where....a year or two in transition does NOT afford you any type of luxury as far as REASONABLE competitiveness IMO......BAD read of me on your part............

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...seriously?...what the hell did I ever SPIN?......first "tank talk" inclusion is asinine...Cuban paid the NBA 600 grand for "tank talk".....STRIKE ONE......this offense is highly NON-COMPETITIVE  for numerous reasons....tell me where the hell or to whom I gave a pass for this woefulness......HINT: no where....a year or two in transition does NOT afford you any type of luxury as far as REASONABLE competitiveness IMO......BAD read of me on your part............

You said you will defer the confidence question, that is giving a pass to this coach/GM for this offense. I think it's a fireable offense. You are saying let's wait and see. 

4 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

So now you are changing your argument.  First you said they sucked because they don't believe its a passing league.  Now you are saying they cannot pick competent offensive players.  

I don't have an answer for you.  They are building the team their way.  They have decided not to invest in the offense yet.  I am not sure why, but by all appearances it looks like they believe you start with the QB and work your way out.  Besides, what have they traded away? Watkins? Glenn?  Dawkins has been as good as Glenn. Watkins is now a #2 WR.  

Zay is now progressing, finally. Not to where we'd like him to be but progressing with three QBs that wouldn't start anywhere else in the league. KB did help get us into the postseason last year and everyone liked until he started to regress this year. Dawkins is a long term keeper, too. Brought in Ivory, been solid all season long despite being an "aged" player. Since Bodine started our OL has been markedly better, not that he's the solution at Center, but hasn't exactly hurt us tremendously given he was the move made to fill massive holes left by Wood and Richie.

To add, why don't we let them get through another draft so people claiming they suck actually have more efficacious data to use to back these baseless and tangential arguments.

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Hondo, he's a wealthy NFL coach. Getting called a 'dumbass' on a message board comes with the job. The only reason I'd think we're in middle school now is because I'm getting a lesson on civility and feelings. If you're so into feelings, maybe you shouldn't be into football? And no, it doesn't 'make me feel big.' It does make me feel better though. 

Well, the thing is if you're basing this solely on the fact that we traded a pick to the Chiefs who then drafted Mahomes, as though had we drafted Mahomes everything would be different, then to use a Stephen A term, yes, you are bloviating and really not contributing anything of worth to anyone but yourself.

The fact is Mahomes would likely look like Allen this year had the Bills drafted him, and there's no guarantee Mahomes continues to progress once Reid retires in the future, or the talent level around him fluctuates. For his sake I hope he continues down this path since most wrote him off as an air raid arm that likely won't translate into the NFL. I'll entertain other reasons backed with logic and facts for why McD deserves a certain level of ire, but it's otherwise baseless. Especially when there are measurable reasons for why McD hasn't succeeded as a HC in his second year. I'm still 50/50 whether he is the HC answer we've been waiting for, but there is very little to go off of right now to make that determination outright and without question.

10 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Well, the thing is if you're basing this solely on the fact that we traded a pick to the Chiefs who then drafted Mahomes, as though had we drafted Mahomes everything would be different, then to use a Stephen A term, yes, you are bloviating and really not contributing anything of worth to anyone but yourself.

The fact is Mahomes would likely look like Allen this year had the Bills drafted him, and there's no guarantee Mahomes continues to progress once Reid retires in the future, or the talent level around him fluctuates. For his sake I hope he continues down this path since most wrote him off as an air raid arm that likely won't translate into the NFL. I'll entertain other reasons backed with logic and facts for why McD deserves a certain level of ire, but it's otherwise baseless. Especially when there are measurable reasons for why McD hasn't succeeded as a HC in his second year. I'm still 50/50 whether he is the HC answer we've been waiting for, but there is very little to go off of right now to make that determination outright and without question.

This is totally not worth responding to. 

1 hour ago, Chemical said:

You said you will defer the confidence question, that is giving a pass to this coach/GM for this offense. I think it's a fireable offense. You are saying let's wait and see. 

...differing opinions and respecting them makes this place work properly........as such I respect your opinion my friend...........:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

I can't say if it'll work, but these are the first guys in Buffalo attempting anything besides outright poo-flinging or shiny object chasing since the turn of the century.   

As such, my patience with them will be longer than 7 games after the franchise's only playoff berth in that timeframe.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

This is totally not worth responding to. 

So you did anyway? Again, happy to discuss why McD will or will not pan out - just saying that the Bills passing on Mahomes is the reason he isn't and won't be successful, is not a viable argument to that end.

5 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

2. They have made clear that QB and the passing game is most important. 

3. Context matters.  We do not have a QB.  We have to rely on RB and defense until we get a franchise QB.  That does not mean that philosophically they don't understand that QB needs to come first.   

Now, who's "making stuff up"???  

How the hell have McDermott and Beane "made clear that QB and the passing game is most important"???  By shedding Goodwin, Woods, and Watkins and adding the Stone Hands Brigade of Benjamin, Jones, and the other assorted scrubs who try to impersonate NFL WRs every week?   Maybe it's by replacing Pro Bowl OLers with career backups and bottomfeeder starters?  Maybe it's by replacing one Neanderthal OC with Son of Neanderthal OC?

You're certainly correct that the Bills don't have a QB.  Why don't they have one?   Because McDermott really thinks Nate Peterman is an NFL caliber QB and is determined to prove it???  Because the only available street FA QB available was Derek Anderson?   Or is it because McDermott is so determined to get a franchise QB that he passed on Mahomes and Watson in 2017 in order to draft a DB????? 

29 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Now, who's "making stuff up"???  

How the hell have McDermott and Beane "made clear that QB and the passing game is most important"???  By shedding Goodwin, Woods, and Watkins and adding the Stone Hands Brigade of Benjamin, Jones, and the other assorted scrubs who try to impersonate NFL WRs every week?   Maybe it's by replacing Pro Bowl OLers with career backups and bottomfeeder starters?  Maybe it's by replacing one Neanderthal OC with Son of Neanderthal OC?

You're certainly correct that the Bills don't have a QB.  Why don't they have one?   Because McDermott really thinks Nate Peterman is an NFL caliber QB and is determined to prove it???  Because the only available street FA QB available was Derek Anderson?   Or is it because McDermott is so determined to get a franchise QB that he passed on Mahomes and Watson in 2017 in order to draft a DB????? 

When they used those words.  Thats when they made it clear.   

Also, Goodwin and Woods weren't here by the time McDermott got hired.  

I started to go point by point, but my god this one of the craziest posts I have ever read. 

I was hopeful at first. Then I was skeptical after this offseason's moves coupled with gameday decisions that McD made throughout his first season, but continued to think they need to get the offseason to bring their process full circle.

After this statement, I think I'm pretty much out.

• Sad 1

1 in 5, so 20 percent for myself.

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I was hopeful at first. Then I was skeptical after this offseason's moves coupled with gameday decisions that McD made throughout his first season, but continued to think they need to get the offseason to bring their process full circle.

He still thinks it’s 1975. The way he speaks, it sounds like he thinks good defence and a good running game are the primary factors to being successful.

While those are factors, he’s missing kind of a small factor... Like maybe being able to throw for lots of yards and throw for lots of touchdowns in 2018?...

11 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I'm out too, but to be fair there was more to that quote where he said the league is a passing league now, but they aren't there yet (paraphrasing)

3 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Pretty much the same, my problem is the offense is so bad this year I don't see Allen learning much, now next year with a better line and better wrs he may actually learn something, so the 7-9 season I had this year pegged as might be what we get from Allen next year.   Then in 2020 you might see a competitive football team.     

I think you’re right. If this tea is ever going to be good, I can’t imagine it will be next year. That’s a tough pill to swallow. 

• Like (+1) 1