McBeane Confidence

McBeane  

261 members have voted

1. 1. How much confidence do you have that McDermott will be a successful head coach for the Buffalo Bills within the next 2-3 years?

2. 2. How much confidence do you have that Beane will be a successful GM for the Buffalo Bills within the next 2-3 years?

I took 60-80% on both. What they did with marginal talent last year was amazing. I expected this year to be worse than last due to simple math with subtractions versus additions. I think the tide starts to turn next year and everyone will see it. In this league you never know though so I will hold out until I see what we are looking like early next May. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm at 20-25% on Beane and 65% on McD.

I pretty much feel the same way. I am grading on McD as a coach and not as defacto GM. The team overachieved last year and he improved the defense. Grading Beane rests on Allen and I am still not sure who is calling the shots, him or McD. The jury is still out on this guy....

I think it's hard to differentiate success of the two.  They have been a pair since they arrived and we all know McDermott has his hand in personnel decisions.  I'd say that it all depends on how they spend that mountain of money next year.  I'm at about 50% chance of success (success being defined as making the playoffs in the next 2-3 years)

Edited by berg1029
  • Like (+1) 1

In order to be successful in the NFL in 2018 (and going forward), you have to understand how to build and run a high powered scoring offense.  Not only have both of them shown zero signs to this point to be able to identify offensive talent, but they are actually still operating under the premise that defense and running the ball is the foundation of being a successful team.

I'm sorry, but until they prove that they can find 1 great offensive player, my faith is not high in this organization.  They have to prove that they can build an offense that can score 25-30 points a game.  That's not going to be easy for a coaching staff that has no clue what wins in the NFL today.  And, by the time they figure that out, it might be too late because you can only get blown out so many times before you get fired.  And McDermott has already been blown out in half of his losses.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Other than drafting Peterman, the debacle(s) that involve playing him are squarely on his shoulders.

That's fine, but what has Beane done to instill ANY confidence at all?

At least McDermott has found a way to win some close games. He may very well suck as a head coach, but Beane has done absolutely nothing. The roster is a mess. And if you want to blame that on McDermott, what exactly does Beane even do?

Is he like Kramer TCB'ing all day at Brandt Leyland?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

In order to be successful in the NFL in 2018, you have to understand how to build and run a high powered scoring offense.  Not only have both of them shown zero signs, to this point, to be able to identify offensive talent, but they are actually still running under the premise that defense and running the ball is the foundation of being a successful team.

I'm sorry, but until they prove that they can find 1 great offensive player, my faith is not high in this organization.  They have to prove that they can build an offense that can score 25-30 points a game.  That's not going to be easy for a coaching staff that has no clue what wins in the NFL today.  And, by the time they figure that out, it might be too late because you can only get blown out so many times before you get fired.  And McDermott has already been blown out in half of his losses.

So we just making up stuff now?  McBeane have both repeatedly said that this is a QB driven league and it is the most important position on the field.  Having to run all the time because we don't have a QB is one thing, but they certainly do not think its the way to get where they need to go.  If they did they would have kept Tyrod. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

That's fine, but what has Beane done to instill ANY confidence at all?

At least McDermott has found a way to win some close games. He may very well suck as a head coach, but Beane has done absolutely nothing. The roster is a mess. And if you want to blame that on McDermott, what exactly does Beane even do?

Is he like Kramer TCB'ing all day at Brandt Leyland?

I think most are just being cautiously optimistic and waiting to see how he spends this bundle of cash next season.

8 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

So we just making up stuff now?  McBeane have both repeatedly said that this is a QB driven league and it is the most important position on the field.  Having to run all the time because we don't have a QB is one thing, but they certainly do not think its the way to get where they need to go.  If they did they would have kept Tyrod. 

Every single time they talk, they go on and on about how important it is to get the running game going.  They talk about having to be great on defense to stay in games.  They have repeatedly said that defense and running the ball is the basis of any offense.  That is old-time football!  Their entire goal is to keep the games low scoring and win a close game.  Look around the league!  You win by throwing the football all over the field and occasionally throw in a run here and there.  I guarantee you that McDermott will never want to win games by throwing the ball 35-45 times every game.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Every single time they talk, they go on and on about how important it is to get the running game going.  They talk about having to be great on defense to stay in games.  They have repeatedly said that defense and running the ball is the basis of any offense.  That is old-time football!  There entire goal is to keep the games low scoring and win a close game.  Look around the league!  You win by throwing the football all over the field and occasionally throw in a run here and there.  I guarantee you that McDermott will never want to win a game by throwing the ball 35-45 times every game.

1. That is wildly untrue. This is why hyperbole is so toxic.  "Every single time they talk."  I mean, really, when they were saying that it is a QB driven league and you have to get the passing game going, they weren't saying running game and defense comes first.  This kind of garbage is how false narratives start.  

2. They have made clear that QB and the passing game is most important. 

3. Context matters.  We do not have a QB.  We have to rely on RB and defense until we get a franchise QB.  That does not mean that philosophically they don't understand that QB needs to come first.   

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As a guy who thinks it's probably somewhere between 5 - 10%, I resent being associated with the 0% group. At least I'm factoring in the chance that every member of every roster except ours gets a nasty year-long bout of the measles and has to sit out the 2019 season.