McBeane Confidence

McBeane  

261 members have voted

1. 1. How much confidence do you have that McDermott will be a successful head coach for the Buffalo Bills within the next 2-3 years?

2. 2. How much confidence do you have that Beane will be a successful GM for the Buffalo Bills within the next 2-3 years?

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:23 PM, John from Riverside said:

Your right....talk is cheap

They are not talking.....if you cannot connect the dots to what they are doing with their actions I dont know what to tell you.

Your just not patient enough for it

Connecting the dot is just your hope. It doesn't mean that's their plan and it doesn't mean it will workout like you believe in your head.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:27 PM, QCity said:

In the past year the team ditched all of it's overpriced baggage, including the QB, and decided to eat a massive amount of dead money rather than kick that feces filled can down the road. It's like hanging a huge neon sign over the stadium that flashes "Rebuild."

Now I'm going to be blunt here -- If after a year and a half you still don't understand that "The Process" is just a marketing term for a rebuild, you are an abject fool. Rebuilds don't sell season tickets.

They replaced big contracts with new big contracts. This is just a belief you want to have but it does not make sense when looking at rebuilds. This was not a rebuild. They believed they would win this season. They did not let holes remain, they traded, drafted and signed contracts for this season. The only meaningful change that was not replaced is QB. But they got their rookie. The player they supposedly sought for months before the draft. I understand they are marketing, but what's new? The Bills are always marketing to their true believes. They're always selling hope.

As I said somewhere here before. 2019 will have to be what 2018 is in the minds of fans. If they don't tear it down in 2019 we're looking at 7-9/9-7 for the foreseeable future. Or we're looking at coaching and front office changes. Or we're dealing with a Russ Brandon/Tom Donahoe situation.

On 10/24/2018 at 8:21 PM, SoTier said:

Well, I'm not willing to wait 71 years for the Bills to make it back to the Super Bowl or 108 years for the Bills to actually win it.  Maybe the Pegulas are building a Super Bowl team for the grandkids they don't have yet.

I'm only talking about the rebuild of the Cubs since about 2011. That was painful but worth it.

On 10/24/2018 at 12:54 PM, sven233 said:

How many points has he scored?  I was talking about skilled players, moron.  And how good is he, really?  Just because he is the best lineman on a team that has terrible lineman doesn't make him great.  Look, if you an others want to blindly follow this coaching staff and front office, that's fine.  But I, along with many others, will wait for some type of evidence they know what they are doing.   You do realize that Rex Ryan and his clown show has a better record than McDermott through the same amount of games, right?

He has scored 6 points. Not bad for a o lineman. I still think I can come up with at least 2 good offensive players. And I'm sure you can too. Sorry I couldn't read into what you meant vs. what you actually asked.

Edited by Dopey

On 10/25/2018 at 10:06 PM, The_Dude said:

How does this revisionist history happen so quickly? I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but Whaley did NOT draft EJ. Buddy Nix did. Buddy Nix said 'whoever is our top rated passer is the pick' and it didn't matter to the old fool that EJ was both the top rated, but also with a 3rd round grade. 

Speaking of revisionist history, you just used some of it right there. Where did I say that Whaley drafted Manuel?

I said he loved Manuel. Which he did. He made it clear from his impassioned rant hours later explaining the pick with his "he's got 'the it factor'" speech and followed that up for years with his unqualified support for the guy. Yes, Nix pulled the trigger. But Nix also established a QB committee before that draft to concentrate on which QB they should draft, and put Whaley in charge of it. And they went on about how everyone was in agreement. 

So yeah, Whaley loved him some Manuel.

And he doubled down on that every time he was asked. He had a chance to back off after Nix left. He never did. Remember him pissing off Marrone by trading away Cassel so they'd have to make Manuel the backup?

Edited by Thurman#1