Mind Numbing Stat- Point Differential- this hurts

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

The Buffalo Bills now stand at -94 in point differential after 7 games.   Our next closest suck-fest team is Oakland at -66.  We are not even close to being competitive. That's the kind of stat that lets you know how bad this team really is.  We are DEAD last in points scored with 81. Four teams are over 200 (KC leads with 260) and AZ is #31 with 92 (and already fired their OC.) OAK has 110 sitting in #30 and we know that dumpster fire in progress.

Has this kind of futility ever been witness by Bills fans. I'm afraid to look into the Archive of Ineptitude and see the Bills Glory-Hole years for comparison. 2018 is a truck stop rape of the fans money.  This is the week to make an example of someone and let heads roll. It's not even tolerable football.

In the AFC, Arizona is a -92 in the NFC

Edited by pop gun

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

But....top 3 Defense yo?

Oh yeah.  Some time during yesterday's beat down I forgot about how good our defense is.  That's a lesson for all of us.  No matter how many points we give up, remember that we have an amazing defense.  We're like the 2013 Astros!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Oh yeah.  Some time during yesterday's beat down I forgot about how good our defense is.  That's a lesson for all of us.  No matter how many points we give up, remember that we have an amazing defense.  We're like the 2013 Astros!!!!

had to recall the #3 D with the Colts passing and tapdancing down the field for huge gains all day long

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

had to recall the #3 D with the Colts passing and tapdancing down the field for huge gains all day long

That's what I'm saying.  When the league's 22nd ranked rushing attack is stuffing the ball down your throat, passing on you at will, and you find yourself down by 32 points to a 1-5 team, its very easy to lose perspective.  In those situations, its more important than ever to remember that we have a really good defense and we're good people.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

By comparison the 3-13 2001 Bills were outscored by 155 points while the 4-12 2010 Bills were outscored by 142 points. 

And, who could forget the 1984 Bills that were outscored by 204 points, went 2-14, and scored 250 points.  The 2018 team is going to challenge for a franchise all time worst.  

35 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

What I've learned from the Bills this year is that when they play elite qbs with experience who know how to read the field and exploit mismatches, they get destroyed. Rivers, Flacco (I actually think he's pretty good, although not great), Rodgers, and Luck all chewed this D up and spit it out. Mariota and Watson? Not so much. The one outlier is Minnesota/Cousins, but that was just a weird game -- punctuated by the fact that one of their best players was (metaphorically, but only sorta) shipped off to the insane asylum right before the game.

I think they ended up getting annihilated by the Pats (twice), the Lions, and the Bears (because they're not going to be able to score). The D will be able to put up a fight against the Jets (twice), Miami (twice), and Jax. But the offense is so bad that the only way they win is by 16-13 scores. 

I can't see any better than 5-11. 4-12 sounds about right - splits with Miami/Jets and losing to Jax. They lose the rest big.

Well said Dave. All the more reason to invest first in offense.  One would think it'd be obvious by now, but it's not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Bills need better players....

• QB (TBD on Allen, need solid plan/backup)
  • LT (Dawkins can stay)
  • LG
  • C
  • RG
  • RT
  • TE
  • WR1
  • WR2 (Zay can stay)
  • WR3
  • RB (all 3 can stay)
  • DEs (Hughes, Murphy, Shaq, Yarbrough can stay)
  • DTs (Replacement for Kyle after this year, I guess Star can stay, Phillips & Phillips can stay)
  • SLB (Replacement for Lorax after this year)
  • MLB (Edmunds can stay)
  • WLB (Milano can stay)
  • LCB (White can stay)
  • RCB
  • SS (Hyde can stay)
  • FS (Poyer can stay)
  • ST (All kickers/snappers can stay)

11 bold positions above that all need a fixin'

Only 11?

Well then with 10 draft picks next year (which surely they will hit on them all, right?!) and a ton of cap space, all I am hearing you say is that we are primed for greatness in the near future! 

That, or I need to stop drinking heavily in the morning...

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The schedule is favorable, the defense too good to lose that many, and the offense will improve as the season goes along as long as Allen gets back soon. 

This team will finish 6-10 at worst.

What makes you think Allen coming back will change anything? It doesn't matter how good the defense is when they're tired by the second quarter since the offense only holds the ball for maybe 15 minutes a game.

The offense hasn't changed it's roster much at all since the start of the season with the exception of QB. Most of them are vet players who already hit their ceilings, what improvement is there to be seen from the second half of the season that we wouldn't have seen already? If they haven't improved to this point, they likely won't for the rest of the season.

They will likely only win 2-3 more games at most at the current rate. AND IT'S OKAY. let the dumpsterfire happen and let's see how we can improve our rookies for next year, and potentially hit some key trades at the deadline. 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

my vote for worst loss ever was 56-17 to the 2nd year expansion Seahawks in 1977, both entered the game at 1-5

in 1984 the BIlls lost by more than 4 TDs 5 times, 4 times in 1985, just a rough review, no final checking done on this one.

And our coach quit at halftime, but the players convinced him to finish out the game

(Vontae Davis was not the first!)

Edited by ticketssince61
Typo

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Has this kind of futility been seen?  Yes.  Many of you are too young to actually know the history of the Bills.  Back in the late 6-0's/early 70's they were terrible.  In the 80's before Kelly got there. 

I went to the game yesterday.  They stunk.  That simple.  In the last couple years they've had games where they stunk, then got things back together and won.  If you look back at the times I mentioned as a fan you knew they had no chance.  Not so with this team.

pitching that narrative is not going to work nor should it really. expecting the young generation to have to put up with incompetence as seen with this present regime so far just because you or I had to during those many, many years of terrible bills football is not going to ease their, mind nor should it.

there is no guarantee this regime succeeds and after yesterday I'm really beginning to question if they even do. I've seen some bad football in my years of following the bills but this season has been real hard to stomach.

I want to believe they get it straight this off season but I'm not really getting my hopes up, I believe McD is over his head as a HC. he's proven to be a decent DC but has no clue how to handle the offense.

nearly half way through the season and with the show under the lights coming up this week it may be the straw that broke the camels back for me when it comes to believing McD & Co are the right people for the job after they get embarrassed on the national stage?

I'm remaining on the fence with hopes this off season they can manage to load the team up with some talent and contend in 2019? if they resemble anything like this year next season I wont be wasting my sunday afternoons watching what has been  a major ***** show and very hard to watch except for maybe (vikings) one game.

Edited by no name

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

What I've learned from the Bills this year is that when they play elite qbs with experience who know how to read the field and exploit mismatches, they get destroyed. Rivers, Flacco (I actually think he's pretty good, although not great), Rodgers, and Luck all chewed this D up and spit it out. Mariota and Watson? Not so much. The one outlier is Minnesota/Cousins, but that was just a weird game -- punctuated by the fact that one of their best players was (metaphorically, but only sorta) shipped off to the insane asylum right before the game.

I think they end up getting annihilated by the Pats (twice), the Lions, and the Bears (because they're not going to be able to score). The D will be able to put up a fight against the Jets (twice), Miami (twice), and Jax. But the offense is so bad that the only way they win is by 16-13 scores. 

I can't see any better than 5-11. 4-12 sounds about right - splits with Miami/Jets and losing to Jax. They lose the rest big.

Cousins is overrated for what he's being paid. He's not an elite QB in the league, and that's fairly evident given the Vikings have a great roster around him. 

But this is exactly what I've been thinking in regards to our "Top Defense." While they may grade out that way statistically, their play is anything but consistent against teams. Now I'm not discounting the fact that they were on the field an inordinate amount of time, and infinitely more than any Defense ever should, but we were getting beat by Luck most of the game. Against these types of offenses with elite QBs, I think our Defense can be shutdown as long as they minimize their time on the field. With a competent offense, this defense poses much greater threats.

4-12 seems the most likely at present with hopes for 5-11.

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

And yet, McDermott will somehow get 6-7 wins out of this horrid team by season’s end.

Yeah ok....take some more puffs of whatever you are smoking

when the magnitude of your point differential is greater than the number of points you scored that is bad, and sad.

Edited by mattynh

6 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

What makes you think Allen coming back will change anything? It doesn't matter how good the defense is when they're tired by the second quarter since the offense only holds the ball for maybe 15 minutes a game.

The offense hasn't changed it's roster much at all since the start of the season with the exception of QB. Most of them are vet players who already hit their ceilings, what improvement is there to be seen from the second half of the season that we wouldn't have seen already? If they haven't improved to this point, they likely won't for the rest of the season.

They will likely only win 2-3 more games at most at the current rate. AND IT'S OKAY. let the dumpsterfire happen and let's see how we can improve our rookies for next year, and potentially hit some key trades at the deadline. 

Because Allen gives this team the best chance to win due to this pure talent and potential alone. The more he plays, the better he’ll get. 

Team finishes with 6-7 wins unless Allen is placed on IR.

6 minutes ago, no name said:

pitching that narrative is not going to work nor should it really. expecting the young generation to have to put up with incompetence as seen with this present regime so far just because you or I had to during those many, many years of terrible bills football is not going to ease there mind nor should it.

there is no guarantee this regime succeeds and after yesterday I'm really beginning to question if they even do. I've seen some bad football in my years of following the bills but this season has been real hard to stomach.

I want to believe they get it straight this off season but I'm not really getting my hopes up, I believe McD is over his head as a HC. he's proven to be a decent DC but has no clue how to handle the offense.

nearly half way through the season and with the show under the lights coming up this week it may be the straw that broke the camels back for me when it comes to believing McD & Co are the right people for the job after they get embarrassed on the national stage?

I'm remaining on the fence with hopes this off season they can manage to load the team up with some talent and contend in 2019? if they resemble anything like this year next season I wont be wasting my sunday afternoons watching what has been  a major ***** show and very hard to watch except for maybe (vikings) one game.

If the OP (or you) doesn't want to know about the history of the Bills, he shouldn't ask a question that involves knowing something about the history of the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

looked more like number 2...

• Haha (+1) 1