The Vikings think Allen > Darnold

Teddy KGB

5 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I still think people on this board are to ready to call Allen a bust   he has so much talent. But us very raw in his experience.   Once the games slows down for him and he can be surrounded by better talent on offense,  he has a good chance to be the franchise quarterback we are hoping he will be.

Too many millennials here , young and old.

7 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Allen is a bust waiting to happen.

That is premature negativity.

Allen had a stunted training camp (thank you crap coaches), he has crap game-week and game-day coaching, he has crap surrounding talent. Calling him a bust after a handful of starts is just wrong headed.

5 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I still think people on this board are to ready to call Allen a bust   he has so much talent. But us very raw in his experience.   Once the games slows down for him and he can be surrounded by better talent on offense,  he has a good chance to be the franchise quarterback we are hoping he will be.

I hear this so much about Allen - he has so much talent but it is raw. Besides a strong arm, what exactly is his talent. So, he can throw a football real far - so what. His inaccuracy is astounding & that has nothing to do with being raw. Imo, he will cost the Bills the better part of 2-3 seasons before they eventually give up on him. I'm hoping but.......................

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billykay said:

I hear this so much about Allen - he has so much talent but it is raw. Besides a strong arm, what exactly is his talent. So, he can throw a football real far - so what. His inaccuracy is astounding & that has nothing to do with being raw. Imo, he will cost the Bills the better part of 2-3 seasons before they eventually give up on him. I'm hoping but.......................

In addition to his physical skills, he has high character,( he does not blame others for his struggles), and he seems to be an effective leader.  If he is the answer to our search for the franchise qb, this 2-3 three years would be worth it (IMHO).

7 hours ago, H2o said:

Darnold is a rookie QB just like Mayfield, Allen, and Rosen. There will be ups and downs for all of them. Darnold also has the 2nd most talent around him behind Mayfield. Allen and Rosen are working with next to nothing. 

Yeah, but the guy who is standing "next to nothing" is Larry Fitzgerald.  

9 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Sam Darnold is starting to separate from the rest of his QB draft class.

Tyler Dunne was just commenting on this recently, mentioning Darnold is showing like 5th year understanding already and has the QB experts drooling.  

Allen is a bust waiting to happen.

How many turnovers for Sam yesterday lol

You are really comical.....

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Rosen has a ton of talent, and I don't get the drooling over him.  He has Kirk and Fitzgerald at WR, and D. Johnson at RB.     Rosen's issue is play calling perhaps, but he has talent.  

Exactly.  Sammy Watkins is the #3-4 receiving target on that team.  Think about that! 

Sammy is the #3/4 target on every team 

8 hours ago, prissythecat said:

What is the basis for this statement?   There is nothing to indicate that Darnold is clearly ahead of the rest of the rookie QBs.   Has the same ups and downs as everyone else.

AME LOG PASSING RUSHING
DATE OPP RESULT CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT QBR RAT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
Sun 10/21 L 17-37 17 42 206 40.5 4.91 35 1 3 5.9 34.4 6 18 3.0 10 1
Sun 10/14 W 42-34 24 30 280 80.0 9.33 32 2 1 90.5 113.9 6 8 1.3 6 0
Sun 10/7 W 34-16 10 22 198 45.5 9.00 76 3 1 58.0 98.1 3 5 1.7 3 0
Sun 9/30 L 12-31 17 34 167 50.0 4.91 42 1 0 15.6 74.0 2 8 4.0 5 0
Thu 9/20 L 17-21 15 31 169 48.4 5.45 25 0 2 30.9 38.2 0 0 0.0 0 0

The basis is he’s a mindless hater if you have been paying attention. Bottom feeder poster on TBD...

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He actually had more yards than Hill last night (one reception was a 50 yarder)

I think as long as people keep talking like trading Sammy was a mistake you will have others pointing out how Sammy isn't a #1. 

On topic:

The Vikings game is that glass is half full moment of the season for me. I look at it like McDermott can coach a struggling team to victory. 

Edited by Lfod

3 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I think as long as people keep talking like trading Sammy was a mistake you will have others pointing out how Sammy isn't a #1. 

It was a mistake, as they have no talent at WR and will likely have to spend multiple high picks and/ or who knows how much $$ to find one. There will always be anti SW crusaders on this board, but it doesn’t change matters any. The picks spent to draft him were a long-sunk cost. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He actually had more yards than Hill last night (one reception was a 50 yarder)

Yolo please don’t let facts get in the way of my crusade against “Sammy-the elite top 5 WR” that never was.... 

hes good, I just never bought that he was a competent QB away from canton 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yolo please don’t let facts get in the way of my crusade against “Sammy-the elite top 5 WR” that never was.... 

hes good, I just never bought that he was a competent QB away from canton 

He’s not great by any means, I watched some of the chiefs this year and was surprised to see he had a decent stat line from last night as he’s usually not utilized a ton. 

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s not great by any means, I watched some of the chiefs this year and was surprised to see he had a decent stat line from last night as he’s usually not utilized a ton. 

Glad he had a nice run. Most athletically gifted guy on the field... I’ll never understand what the missing link with him was/is preventing him for reaching his potential