Before the trade deadline Buffalo needs to make a couple of moves

Tipster19

Let's not give away any future draft capital please. We're rebuilding and we'd have to give up serious young talent for what? To try to 'save' this season? No thanks. Ride this one out and put those 10 draft picks and cap space to good use. Keep your eyes on the horizon.

7 hours ago, Cruiserplayer said:

Ive got 99 problems but Jerry Hughes ain’t one. 

Agreed. We have a very productive Hughes for 2019. Why mess that up.for a late round pick?

There's not much to be done about Clay.  The contract has already done it's damage.  $4.5M in salary this year as next  to go along with $4.5M signing & option bonus prorated cap hits in each year.  Nothing to be done about those.  Only the remaining salary can be effected by trading or cutting him.

Benjamin can go any time for anything, but I doubt anyone is buying now.  Shady's value just plummeted so I don't see him getting moved either despite his ability. 

If Dallas wants Benjamin send him out of here....

42 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Who cares?

Having a "great defense" gets you absolutely nowhere. 

Bears got to the super bowl with Rex Grossman, and Baltimore won one with Trent Dilfer...Great D can carry you far.  Sad to say both of those QB's are better than what we have on our roster right now.

Edited by Azucho98
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Looper said:

Don't think it's any coincidence that Benjamin's numbers have improved over the past couple of weeks with the trade deadline looming and now supposedly Dallas is keeping an eye on him. The thing with Allen last week makes ya wonder if he even wants to be here.

I have have seen multiple folks telling KB where to line up over the last couple of weeks. He's the only one I wouldn't mind moving if we can get some return. I hope the rest of it doesn't happen because if the front office has whittled the roster down to these guys they should go with them. It does not help the culture now to purge assets.

I'm sorry to do this as I normally don't but this is an area that I was frequently crucified for during the last Off-season when I said you trade Shady and Hughes. Yes, Hughes has been good to great, but it's wasted on a year when the rebuild continues. I wanted to trade Shady before the Draft because 2018 Draft was deep in a great RB class and it made the most sense this team wasn't going to take the next step this year. 

I banged the table and was nearly run off the board for saying so....but, here we are. Shady, KB, Clay and Hughes should all go, for very different reasons. I'll say this: I've been a McD and Beane supporter and largely believe in what the overall vision is for the long-term (while being frustrated at the pathetic Offense) BUT if McBeane are going to sell us on the whole Cap health approach, all of the above referenced players need to be dealt before the deadline. The team will take a hit with Hughes only. Murphy and Ivory can hold the RB spot, KB has been non-existent anyways and a PS player can't do worse and Clay is so inconsistent, I'd rather start Croom. Get a player if you can, get Draft picks, but shed the driftwood altogether and make the commitment to be a completely revamped Offense for next year. 

Edited by BigBuff423
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Don’t get your hopes up that any trades will be made. McBeane has no desire to go 2-14.

Maybe he has no desire but i can see it happening with who is left on the schedule if thats as good as they can do against the Colts it's not looking real good the rest of the way !!

4 hours ago, Looper said:

Don't think it's any coincidence that Benjamin's numbers have improved over the past couple of weeks with the trade deadline looming and now supposedly Dallas is keeping an eye on him. The thing with Allen last week makes ya wonder if he even wants to be here.

I am nearly certain he doesn't want to be here. The offense he plays on is terrible, and he loses ever more future money every week given the numbers he's putting up. Also, it wasn't like he chose to be here. Carolina basically shipped him off to what he probably regards as Siberia. He can't wait to get out, and he'd probably love a trade to Dallas. I also think he'd probably step up his game there. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, T master said:

Maybe he has no desire but i can see it happening with who is left on the schedule if thats as good as they can do against the Colts it's not looking real good the rest of the way !!

Six of these last nine games are at home. We won’t see another game with 5 turnovers and 0 takeaways and sacks.

13 hours ago, Boludo said:

No one wants these players. They might get a 7th rounder for them. Does anyone want to even take on Benjamin's salary given all his issues? It's questionable.

They're honestly worth more to us on the team than what we'd likely get for them in a trade, unless they are part of packaged deals but then we're likely giving up too much just to offload a player.

13 hours ago, BBillsWestCoast said:

Not worth trading clay due to cap. Hughes must stay as he is what makes the D-line a threat. McCoy was a yes for a 4th rounder, but won't clear medical now. KB is worth a 5th to me and I would pull the trigger. Amari Cooper for our 3rd is a deal, but his salary next year is $13,924,000. Not sure if he would be a fit either, but I am assuming he is a major upgrade.

Amari is bordering on being a bust. Why would anyone pay $13M for that ?

23 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

Bears got to the super bowl with Rex Grossman, and Baltimore won one with Trent Dilfer...Great D can carry you far.  Sad to say both of those QB's are better than what we have on our roster right now.

Those are "exceptions", not "the rule". 

Sometimes parity wins and teams get fortunate at the right time. 

To put yourself in position to win games and establish sustained success -- you have to be able to score more points than the other team. So, score lots of them.

20 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I am nearly certain he doesn't want to be here. The offense he plays on is terrible, and he loses ever more future money every week given the numbers he's putting up. Also, it wasn't like he chose to be here. Carolina basically shipped him off to what he probably regards as Siberia. He can't wait to get out, and he'd probably love a trade to Dallas. I also think he'd probably step up his game there. 

I totally agree and this makes me NOT want to trade him. A tone has been set since Levy was GM that when a player, whether or not he is good (Benjamin is adequate at best) wants to leave, the Bills readily accommodate them. This HAS to change in order for the franchise to take that next step.

You see, I just don't care if Benjamin is happy or sad. Same with McCoy or virtually anyone on the team.

17 hours ago, billykay said:

Amari is bordering on being a bust. Why would anyone pay $13M for that ?

I can only guess.....

I think that the Raiders ate his signing bonus and Dallas can cut him at any time with no penalty. This would make the deal more attractive but I agree that a 1st was too steep for me, and I think that when healthy, Amari is a very good player.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/22/2018 at 12:22 AM, Dr.Sack said:

A team would have to have a need to get adequate compensation. I believe KB is worth nothing except to possibly Green Bay or Dallas. 

McCoy to the Eagles would be the deal I’d make as they are thin at the position. 

Eirher way 2018 is over & McCoy is probably not in the long term build plans despite still having speed & cutting ability. 

I'd send McCoy over for Foles as you know we need qb help badly, that's if they feel Allen is gonna be out for more then 3 weeks! 

• Thank you (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I totally agree and this makes me NOT want to trade him. A tone has been set since Levy was GM that when a player, whether or not he is good (Benjamin is adequate at best) wants to leave, the Bills readily accommodate them. This HAS to change in order for the franchise to take that next step.

KB is a free agent.  You trade him to get an asset.  They probably aren't wanting to re-sign him and he walks for nothing in March.  You aren't proving any relevant point by not trading him.

• Like (+1) 1