Picking Mcdermott over McVay

LFC24

Just now, papazoid said:

2018 - $50 mil in Dead Money = Tanking

2019 - $100 mil in cap space = fixes a lot of problems

Im going to keep asking this because it doesn’t seem like people get it.

Do you know how many teams are going to have a lot of cap space this offseason? Answer: A lot

People keep talking as if we are going to be one of the only teams with money to spend.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

Anthony Lynn wanted to be the Bills HC permanently.  Instead, he went West to the Chargers.   He coached the Chargers to  9-7 and missed the playoffs last season on tie-breakers, and has the Bolts at 5-2 this season.  I guess he wasn't committed enough to "The Process" to suit the Pegulas.

Would YOU have wanted to keep any Rex hires?

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

What in their History makes you think that they will get it right. 

McD OC choices?

his WR choices?

Handling of the QB?

the Ol they thought was good?

what???

The plan that is currently working in Kansas City, Philadelphia and Carolina. That is what Sean is doing here so be patient and let them work. We aren't winning this year so get used to it.we need next offseason to  rebuild and then time for those players to develop.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

The plan that is currently working in Kansas City, Philadelphia and Carolina. That is what Sean is doing here so be patient and let them work. We aren't winning this year so get used to it.we need next offseason to  rebuild and then time for those players to develop.

A year of dead cap hell. A year to try and fill all those holes they created. A few years for those players to develop. So, if all goes according to plan, we’ll be ready to compete in 2022. Great! Can’t wait!

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

So nothing that McD and Daboll and Beane have to hang their hat on. Thanks 

1 minute ago, HOF4LOU said:

It's what I heard. Terry did a lot of research on him. Doesn't matter the source, we didn't draft him.

Doesnt make sense to me. Terry is the owner. If he’s going to fire the GM because he didn’t pick the QB he wanted then why not pick the guy you want and fire the GM anyway?

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Okay? 

18 teams will have $30 mil or more in cap space next year. Yeah, we have a lot, but it means nothing if players don’t want to come here. I bet we’ll be overspending this offseason.

Yep and perfectly set uo for the next purge and dead money excuse 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Im going to keep asking this because it doesn’t seem like people get it.

Do you know how many teams are going to have a lot of cap space this offseason? Answer: A lot

People keep talking as if we are going to be one of the only teams with money to spend.

Correct.

The Niners and Jets had a lot more cap room last offseason than the Bills will have this offseason and they found the pickings slim in FA.

Clearly didn't fix their problems.

Lots of teams with lots of cap room.

22 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

You people are pathetic , boo boo we won last year but aren't now so let's just B word , piss and moan about this season  and cry until we start all over again.

and when that doesn't work you will do it all again.

The fact that you think going 9-7 and squeaking into the WC game is WINNING says everything in the world about where our expectations have gone as fans of this franchise.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Okay? 

18 teams will have $30 mil or more in cap space next year. Yeah, we have a lot, but it means nothing if players don’t want to come here. I bet we’ll be overspending this offseason.

yea, i'm sure they will have to over pay a couple F/A's

but there are value F/A's to be had...…..poyer , hyde, hauschka = $14 mil in 2019 cap

6 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Would YOU have wanted to keep any Rex hires?

Yes, I would.  The Bills offense in 2016 was about the best it had been since 1999, and played well for Lynn when it struggled under Ryan's original OC, Greg Roman.

• Like (+1) 1