Picking Mcdermott over McVay

LFC24

Just now, SoTier said:

Except that Goff hardly looked all that great as a rookie so there was a real question about whether he was a massive bust.  Wentz was the only one of the 2016 first round QBs who truly looked promising after his rookie campaign.

He still had all the physical gifts and college tape to go #1.

17 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

MaJ - that is still a winning formula in the NFL.  It may not be yours but you can still win that way.  Seattle and Denver - enough said.  I would say the defense needs to be Top 3 and the offense can't turn the ball over.  Jax is trying to do it but Bortles is having an awful year.

Please don't get me wrong. I wanted Allen.  And I think he still looks like any rookie would at this point.   In fact better than Goff did in his first season.  I too want a modern NFL offense that dinks and dunk and kills the defense with passes before the rush has any chance to get there.  Get me a modern NFL OC not a castoff whose last job in college was with one of about only two schools left that still runs a pro-style offense.  Bellichick brings in Chip Kelly to steal what works best in college.  Chip falls flat because he thinks he can treat NFL players like college kids. 

It's all about the coach.  And Rex and now McD are clueless.  

Don't let McBeane have another year.  They don't deserve it.

It's not. 

You'll get a team that catches the right breaks and makes it work for a season or maybe two -- ie, Denver & Seattle. 

However, for true sustained success you have to build an offense that can light up the scoreboard. It is the only way to win consistently. 

I know, I know... it's an odd approach to put your resources into scoring for a game that determines the winner by who has the most points at the end of the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

You can hire a bad offensive minded headcoach too but if you get a good one you have a much better chance of remaining competitive over the long haul.

Offense is the harder side of the ball to coach but it also is the side of the ball where you can expect longevity if you can keep the system in place.

The Falcons are a cautionary tale.........defensive minded HC........hired Kyle Shanahan.......and have fallen off considerably when Shanahan took his talents to SF.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

You people are pathetic , boo boo we won last year but aren't now so let's just B word , piss and moan about this season  and cry until we start all over again.

and when that doesn't work you will do it all again.

No this Offense is Pathetic weekly. And well the defense wanted a piece of that patheticness today as well 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

Bill Parcells.  Don Shula (pre-Marino).  I know, that was a while ago...

Bill parcells had Phil Sims first team all pro and drew Bledsoe 4X pro bowler

my point is the list is very short and they all had a pro bowl level QB

Just now, mannc said:

I know.  But he also won a Super Bowl without him.  And a lot of people would not consider Simms “great”.

The dude is in the Hall of Fame. I think its safe to say he is great. Those who don't are idiots. Or, the NFL HOF are idiots. 

Also, Simms got hurt the year they beat the Bills. So, yeah he won with a back-up, but Simms was a part of the team. 

3 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

It's not. 

You'll get a team that catches the right breaks and makes it work for a season or maybe two -- ie, Denver & Seattle. 

However, for true sustained success you have to build an offense that can light up the scoreboard. It is the only way to win consistently. 

I know, I know... it's an odd approach to put your resources into scoring for a game that determines the winner by who has the most points at the end of the game. 

What do you consider winning?  

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Obviously you can't see they are setting up for next year and the future but keep on whining like spoiled children.

What in their History makes you think that they will get it right. 

McD OC choices?

his WR choices?

Handling of the QB?

the Ol they thought was good?

what???

3 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

The dude is in the Hall of Fame. I think its safe to say he is great. Those who don't are idiots. Or, the NFL HOF are idiots. 

Also, Simms got hurt the year they beat the Bills. So, yeah he won with a back-up, but Simms was a part of the team. 

In what universe is Phil Simms in the HOF?  

Anthony Lynn wanted to be the Bills HC permanently.  Instead, he went West to the Chargers.   He coached the Chargers to  9-7 and missed the playoffs last season on tie-breakers, and has the Bolts at 5-2 this season.  I guess he wasn't committed enough to "The Process" to suit the Pegulas.