Todays game is a good ex to not pass on Oliver if avaiable

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

This team needs talent wherever they can get it. It would be a mistake to pass on a more talented player simply because you’ve convinced yourself to take a specific position. 

True Dat look at what the Browns drafted D players & they got their WR's & others in FA i think that some of the players brought in are going to have to be looked at more on a talent aspect than the process thing !!

2 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

While this team has many problems todays game was a great example of the need for an elite interior rusher.  I know many here are on the trade down train,  and i hear yas, but I'm on record for not passing up an elite talent if available,  which we currently have none of.  Bottom line I don't pass on Oliver or Bosa if available.  Snag a couple recievers and oline in free agency and keep drafting bpa.  Of course i believe we need quite a bit of coaching changes as well but i don't feel like going there right now lol

So your point after a game they scored 5 points is take dline at the top of the first....

Hahaha, I'm sorry, but the *****?

5 minutes ago, T master said:

True Dat look at what the Browns drafted D players & they got their WR's & others in FA i think that some of the players brought in are going to have to be looked at more on a talent aspect than the process thing !!

Cleveland is 2-4-1.... That's the franchise you want to copy?

You threw process in at the end, so I know you're either a troll or clueless. I hope it's the former

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

If the Bills are picking #1 overall, they need to take another QB. 

There is really nothing on this team besides Trey White. 

The Bills are starting over completely and you can't bank on Josh Allen hitting. 

So cut Nate Peterman, Derek Anderson will be an afterthought, and if this Coach is all about competing, then Josh gets his chance in 2019 to go against another QB. 

The best thing to improve our defense is to not have them playing most of the game. You do that by keeping the offense on the field. We need to do whatever we can to keep the chains moving. Any electric RB who can catch coming out?  Otherwise, trade down, and draft 2 OL in first round, then WRs in 2’d round. 

You go BPA.   Talent wins the games.  

I think top OL talent will be available in the early second round.  WR likely still around in the 3rd.  

31 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

The best thing to improve our defense is to not have them playing most of the game. You do that by keeping the offense on the field. We need to do whatever we can to keep the chains moving. Any electric RB who can catch coming out?  Otherwise, trade down, and draft 2 OL in first round, then WRs in 2’d round. 

46 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

If the Bills are picking #1 overall, they need to take another QB. 

There is really nothing on this team besides Trey White. 

The Bills are starting over completely and you can't bank on Josh Allen hitting. 

So cut Nate Peterman, Derek Anderson will be an afterthought, and if this Coach is all about competing, then Josh gets his chance in 2019 to go against another QB. 

if picking #1, either getting a QB or trading down has to be a consideration.   Not sure who that QB is, however.   

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

How have we "blown" the past two drafts? I'll wait. 

You may want to use thread search, because I already broke 2018 down round by round.... As far as 2017, the best thing to come out of that was Matt Milano, IMO...

Swapping pick 10 with KC is what gave them Mahommes and gave us Tre White... You can argue his value as a corner all night but he doesn't score touchdowns...

OJ Howard was the guy I Had in mind, but whatever... They had their eyes on Zay… -How's that working out so far?  He's got 1 TD all year....  Taking Peterman

in round 5 showed they were serious about moving on from Tyrod... Still, it quickly became clear that they had no "process" in place to develop this player...

The same appears to be true for JA... You blow a draft when you take players you can't use, can't develop, or ones that can't help you win games...

McWhaleybean met that standard easily the last two drafts... Get a team in here that can assess, develop, and recognize talent, and use those faculties to

affect the bottom line... OR, watch the blowout losses rack up.

Edited by #34fan

6 hours ago, Bangarang said:

This team needs talent wherever they can get it. It would be a mistake to pass on a more talented player simply because you’ve convinced yourself to take a specific position. 

You do pass on talent if you have other needs! How many D Ends/ LBs do we need? Do you not see what our Offense looks like? We need WRs....We need line help.....we came in with a top 10 D this week and got smoked bcuz the Offense sucks....that would be dumb!

Edited by Jaywrizzo

9 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Indy showed exactly how to trade down this year.  They got extra picks and were able to move down a few spots and still get a premier player at a position of need.

So you can't really judge on trading down until you see the draft board v the other teams' draft position and needs.

Stop it with all the measured takes! Damn it!

:lol:

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

I would be pissed if we took Oliver.  We’ve spent enough on defense and that’s not what’s losing games for us. 

We are 3rd in the league in sacks. 

We have to score points. 

Exactly! It blows my mind that all Bills fans can think of are defensive players like they are the magic that will turn this team around. It won't!

How soon Bills fans forget that as little as 2014 the Bills had the #4 defense overall, were #1 in sacks, were #3 in passing yards allowed, #1 in passing TDs allowed. That year the team went 9-7 and didn't make the playoffs. 100 million for a DE, DT didn't make that much impact despite being one of the top teams in sacks. 

This franchise needs to be able to actually compete with the New England Patriots and that team has been a top 5 offensive team since 2005, and their defense has been up and down from a top 5 to a top 15. They have been built their offense around their QB and they protect him like he is the crown jewels. If they lose a WR, RB they find another who is equally as good if not better.

This FO had better be upgrading the offensive line first and foremost and then the RBs, the WRs, the TEs. Building a power run offense that no team can stop should be the highest priority. By the same token the line should protect the QB like Brady is protected in NE. Next years draft should all be about the offense. 

I can't see McD retaining this same offensive coaching staff either. Hire a top OC and allow him to hire his assistants. 

11 hours ago, Virgil said:

I would be pissed if we took Oliver.  We’ve spent enough on defense and that’s not what’s losing games for us. 

We are 3rd in the league in sacks. 

We have to score points. 

He's the second best player in the Draft. A future All Pro and DPOY. We're in no position to not take him if he's available to us. A cornerstone of a franchise. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Does Oliver on the field have the Bills score more than 5 freaking points??

No but if say maybe they sign a couple recievers and olinemen in free agency, maybe a new TE too and then draft a reciever and a young RB with some of the "other" draft picks they'd be headed in the right direction. 

11 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

While this team has many problems todays game was a great example of the need for an elite interior rusher.  I know many here are on the trade down train,  and i hear yas, but I'm on record for not passing up an elite talent if available,  which we currently have none of.  Bottom line I don't pass on Oliver or Bosa if available.  Snag a couple recievers and oline in free agency and keep drafting bpa.  Of course i believe we need quite a bit of coaching changes as well but i don't feel like going there right now lol

If this team takes a defensive player with the #1 or #2 overall pick in the draft, well, then it is time to bring out the pitch forks.  The ONLY sensible options are offense or trading down.  Oliver and Bosa are not a luxury we can afford with the current state of affairs of the roster, unfortunately.