UB quick hits

dollars 2 donuts

No. 20 Cincinnati went to Temple and lost this weekend. UB beat Temple at Temple in week 2.

Purdue beat Ohio State at Purdue.  Purdue lost to Eastern Michigan.  UB beat Eastern Michigan the following week in the first conference game for both.

UB’s only loss is to Army, who is 5-2.  Army's only losses are to 5-2 Duke and 6-1 Oklahoma.

Of the 10 conferences and 130 teams in the FBS (1-A) UB is the winningest road team at 4-0.

It has been a fun season to watch and the best that I can remember for local college football.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

They're resilient too.  Have a knack for pulling off plays when they really need to.   

Two nfl'ers on the squad thats exciting.

They actually will have 3 draft picks in the next 2 years possibly 4

WR Anthony Johnson and LB Khalil Hodge this season and QB Tyree Jackson will be drafted somewhere his SR season

Senior Center James O’Hagan is a dark horse... he hasn’t allowed a sack in 2 years 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ocemur said:

I just hope the bowl game and the draft picks give a push to recruiting so they can keep this going. It actually does distract me a bit from the Bills.

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

UB has my full support. I hope that they continue to improve and turn into a national power.

WNY truly does deserve some great football!!!!

More people need to get on the bandwagon, if only to get a breather from the Bills season.  I mean they carry the city's name. Might as well take some pride in it.

What they really need to build on this is money!  More tickets sold. More donations. Not only does UB have a football coach worth paying but top-notch men's and women's basketball coaches too. In fact men's basketball is rated #35 in the country  in Andy Katz's NCAA preseason poll. https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-10-08/kentucky-no-1-andy-katzs-preseason-power-36-college

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

WR Anthony Johnson and LB Khalil Hodge this season and QB Tyree Jackson will be drafted somewhere his SR season

Senior Center James O’Hagan is a dark horse... he hasn’t allowed a sack in 2 years 

And DE Chuck Harris is raising scouts eyebrows too.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

More people need to get on the bandwagon, if only to get a breather from the Bills season.  I mean they carry the city's name. Might as well take some pride in it.

What they really need to build on this is money!  More tickets sold. More donations. Not only does UB have a football coach worth paying but top-notch men's and women's basketball coaches too. In fact men's basketball is rated #35 in the country  in Andy Katz's NCAA preseason poll. https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-10-08/kentucky-no-1-andy-katzs-preseason-power-36-college

And DE Chuck Harris is raising scouts eyebrows too.

Yea he’s a great college end for UB but I can’t see him getting more than a UDFA deal.. he’s a little on the smaller side for an end 

maybe 7th if he notches 10+ sacks 

On 10/21/2018 at 9:41 PM, Buffalo716 said:

If kj Osborne continues his production this year and has a good year next year I could see him being drafted. 

On 10/21/2018 at 9:02 PM, Bill from NYC said:

UB has my full support.I hope that they continue to improve and turn into a national power.

WNY truly does deserve some great football!!!!

If UB has your full support then why don't you demonstrate it by telling Saban to send some of his bench players and recruit leftovers to transfer to Buffalo and get an opportunity to play? Some of those players glued to the bench could be stars playing up north. :)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

If UB has your full support then why don't you demonstrate it by telling Saban to send some of his bench players and recruit leftovers to transfer to Buffalo and get an opportunity to play? Some of those players glued to the bench could be stars playing up north. :)

Very  true!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.