SNF: CIN vs. KC at 8:20 PM ET on NBC

1 minute ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

This mahomes kid is a once in a generation QB. 

That was a quote from Andy Reid and the Chiefs GM after they made the trade with Buffalo and draft Mahomes. They new it then and said so. They also said you don’t pass on a talent like that. Sucks because we had this guy and needed a QB. If you look at draft class the 2017 draft class is head a shoulders above this years. Not even close. 

The Saints were going to take him if the Chiefs didn’t.  Despite Brees clearly having a couple more years in the tank. 

Smart offensive minds were falling all over themselves to get him. Perpetually poorly run teams couldn’t get over how “raw” he was. The difference between haves and have nots in this league. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

I hope some people are watching the Sabres game going on right now because it is the best game they've played in over 3 years without a doubt.

I wished I liked that sport, it does nothing for me. Loved it as a kid back when Hasek was playing, and I love when they do good. I just don't care. 

6 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

That decision makes me want to do something else with my Sundays. It’s going to haunt us for a decade. 

More like two decades. I wasn’t a big fan of Mahommes in the draft, I was definitely wrong though. Although, I am still not sure he would be good here, our offensive coaching is pathetic.

Allen doesn’t stand a chance with the current staff.

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

Smart offensive minds were falling all over themselves to get him. Perpetually poorly run teams couldn’t get over how “raw” he was. The difference between haves and have nots in this league. 

BOOM! And then we go and take a shot at raw milk.

But that's it in a nutshell. Not one imbecile inside OBD has any clue how to develop a QB or run an offense. It's been a theme for 20+ years now and management has done nothing to fix it.  Phillips, Williams, Mularkey, Jauron, Fewell, Marrone, Rex now McF'ckwad.  Gailey was our best shot and that D was a hot mess.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The Saints were going to take him if the Chiefs didn’t.  Despite Brees clearly having a couple more years in the tank. 

Not disagreeing with you, but why did we draft the crap version of Mahomes a year later?

If you have theory outside of McDermott wanted Beane to have input on that big of an investment. Only asking because you seem to get it with that post.

These guys have no plans but cashing paychecks. You don't handle a 100 million dollar investment like these guys have. Or I should say hopefully a 100 million dollar investment.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Remember when these threads were full of people saying Josh Allen was better than Patrick Mahomes?

The organization screwed up by not drafting Mahomes. It's OK to accept reality.

I thought they were pretty similar prospects coming out of college. Obviously Mahomes is much better. He is also in a much better system. Andy Reid always gets the most out of his QB, we always get the least.

1 minute ago, billspro said:

More like two decades. I wasn’t a big fan of Mahommes in the draft, I was definitely wrong though. Although, I am still not sure he would be good here, our offensive coaching is pathetic.

Mahomes would be good anywhere.

He wouldn't be AS good, but the talent would overwhelm even the Bills offensive staff's attempt to stifle it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

Mahomes could have hypothetically had Watkins / Woods / Goodwin / Hogan here.  I thought I remember stories about Whaley wanting Mahomes but his hands were tied. 

• Like (+1) 1