This atrocity should be expected

Steptide

McDermott damn near looked like he was going to cry in the first half. I certainly don't think he's on board with his first and possibly only shot at a head coaching gig failing so miserably.

This level of ineptitude is not part of any process that has a happy ending.

Losses don't really matter without Allen playing. At some point, I'm sure the players on the team realize that too. We are just moving towards higher draft position next year. I just wish they were more competitive in their loss. This is the rebuild year we all expected last year to be.

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

What you are say is essentially what he is saying. They by design took the hit in bulk for a payoff not in the next season but in the not too distant future past this year. You are not disagreeing with him so much as agreeing with him. 

I know the goal, but the being hamstrung part of his post I cannot buy.  We'll see if they properly execute the plan with the offense having crying needs. 

21 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Darby worse than who is the other CB?

O’Leary worse than Khari Lee?

Seymour worse than the other CBs on this team? 

Williams - a RB so dont care too much

Darby isn't good.  O'Leary is no better than Croom.  Seymour would be CB#3 on this team.  Williams is out of the league.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I know the goal, but the being hamstrung part of his post I cannot buy.  We'll see if they properly execute the plan with the offense having crying needs. 

I don't want to into a wasteful semantic argument over the word hamstrung. But it is a fact that when you take a major cap hit in one year instead of stretching it out you are limiting your options in acquiring talent in the near term. That was his point. I'm sure this regime knew the implication of absorbing the cap hit because it would be an obvious outcome. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I don't want to into a wasteful semantic argument over the word hamstrung. But it is a fact that when you take a major cap hit in one year instead of stretching it out you are limiting your options in acquiring talent in the near term. That was his point. I'm sure this regime knew the implication of absorbing the cap hit because it would be an obvious outcome. 

I know his point. Not sure why you keep trying to explain it. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I know his point. Not sure why you keep trying to explain it. 

Because your response to him didn't make sense. But that's okay. Don't bother responding because I'm off to watch the hockey game. 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nonsense. They created most of the dead cap by choice. 

They did create a lot of it themselves. Mainly Dareus! But his jettison along with Watkins was coming sooner or later! Watkins admitted later that he wasn’t totally committed to the game and we all know what a sad state that Dareus had become. Why keep them to avoid dead money and have their influence on the team? Mcd. knew what this season would be like, I guess I thought so too, just didn’t want to believe it!

33 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Exactly. The hand they were dealt was pretty close to the NFL average. Setting records for offensive futility isn’t OK, regardless of your greater plan. It’s a flawed plan if it requires being the worst in the league by a mile . 

Exactly. 

I'd like to see the guy they identified as the "franchise" QB at least execute a real NFL passing play once or twice every game. 

Our standards aren't exactly high around here. 

2 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

I'm not buying this dead cap argument. The game was lost in the first half with a pathetic defense. That's supposed to be a top-notch squad and it was exposed by a 1 - 5 team. 6 penalties this year for illegal formations. All of it's unacceptable. Something wrong with this coaching staff. We seem to win close or get blown out.

This.  Penalties killing us BIG TIME.

39 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Darby isn't good.  O'Leary is no better than Croom.  Seymour would be CB#3 on this team.  Williams is out of the league.

Darby better than every CB but White

O’Leary would be better than Lee where is he again?

Seymour as I said better than every CB not named Johnson or White 

now add Glenn, Gilmore, Watkins, Woods, Goodwin

wow alot of players from the drafts people are so quick to dimiss playing around this league that this regime said wasnt Process enough. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Darby better than every CB but White

O’Leary would be better than Lee where is he again?

Seymour as I said better than every CB not named Johnson or White 

now add Glenn, Gilmore, Watkins, Woods, Goodwin

wow alot of players from the drafts people are so quick to dimiss playing around this league that this regime said wasnt Process enough. 

Lee doesn't play.  You don't have to twist the facts to support your point.  There's enough real problems, don't make ones up.

There was nothing wrong with letting Woods or Goodwin walk at their price points at the time.

Edited by BringBackOrton

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Lee doesn't play.  You don't have to twist the facts to support your point.  There's enough real problems, don't make ones up.

Lee MADE the team over O’Leary. Nothing twisting about it. I could also use Logan Thomas here to prove that point 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

You are the aping the Brandon Reilly people.  Crying over TE4 is petty and takes away from your message.

Again people want to Cry about the limited players from the 2012-2016 draft. Look no further than McD and Beane as the Reason Why. 

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

There was nothing wrong with letting Woods or Goodwin walk at their price points at the time.

Who needs those guys.  We got KB and Zay.