The number of blowout losses under McBean is astounding

saundena

26 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

Whether would have, could have or should have, Rex produced zero results despite being in a lot of games. 15-16 record, no playoffs, a ruined defense and no rings 

And McD on same track if it wasnt for the Andy Dalton miracle. Or worse

25 minutes ago, billspro said:

Rex’s teams couldn’t play disciplined football. We also weren’t able to play good defense which was concerning.

McD teams play disciplined football. I couldnt tell the last two weeks. 

And how is this offense for you that McD coaches?

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

McDermott is seeming more and more like a good defensive coordinator than head coach and there a difference . He doesn't have the team prepared often times and he neglects the other side of the ball..a great coach has his hands on every aspect of the team

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The tone in the post game started to change last week against Houston. With Peterman having to go in, and eventually self destructing. Reporters started to ask pointed questions to McDermott, which he brushed off with “some throws he’d like to have back”.

This press conference was more direct questions about his judgement at the QB position and the Coach keeps trying to deflect by telling everyone he has to watch the tape and Anderson had “moments”. 

Its really unprecedented that two times in four years the Bills have talked a backup QB out of retirement to start games for them. 

I think it is really fair to question whether they may have lost some vets because today looked like a team disinterested and disheartened when down 14-3, especially on D.   The vets see what we see - a team that was ill prepared at the most important position.  They, like many of us had hope in Allen and when he goes down and it becomes clear you are playing with Peterman or an older journeyman that hasn’t played in over a year.  They were in late season, out of playoff contention form. 

We’ll see if they rebound next week and I assume they’ll give a better effort for a divisional home game, but if they don’t you could see things get weird and ugly over the next few weeks and all bets are off for McBean if players start openly questioning the process.  That will make all of that cap space even more useless than it will already be (filling your team with high priced free agents was the mess they inherited right?  So let’s do it again with guys not as good at evaluating pro personnel).

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, bills11 said:

McDermott is seeming more and more like a good defensive coordinator than head coach and there a difference . He doesn't have the team prepared often times and he neglects the other side of the ball..a great coach has his hands on every aspect of the team

The issue is that this team doesn't appear to have any direction.

Like what's the plan? We're trying to run the ball and win the turnover battle and win close games like it's 1995. 

There is zero innovation on either side of the football and our offense for two years has looked like it's straight out of the stone age of professional football. Our passing game is essentially non existent which is just mind boggling given how the rules are set up these days.

Throw in McDermott's lack of understanding percentages in certain situations on 4th down and his misuse of timeouts and we appear to be hitched to a coach who isn't going to take us to the promise land.

In the NFL in 2018 you need forward thinking, progressive coaches who are trying to push the envelope with their innovation. Through two years with McDermott we haven't seen any of that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

I think it is really fair to question whether they may have lost some vets because today looked like a team disinterested and disheartened when down 14-3, especially on D.   The vets see what we see - a team that was ill prepared at the most important position.  They, like many of us had hope in Allen and when he goes down and it becomes clear you are playing with Peterman or an older journeyman that hasn’t played in over a year.  They were in late season, out of playoff contention form. 

We’ll see if they rebound next week and I assume they’ll give a better effort for a divisional home game, but if they don’t you could see things get weird and ugly over the next few weeks and all bets are off for McBean if players start openly questioning the process.  That will make all of that cap space even more useless than it will already be (filling your team with high priced free agents was the mess they inherited right?  So let’s do it again with guys not as good at evaluating pro personnel).

I agree with the veterans possible mental checkout because we are in Week 7. We've got 10 more weeks to go. 

I just look at this roster and there really is nowhere to turn. Not one young running back, or fast undrafted WR, or one offensive lineman who is ready. 

You don't even have Brad Smith to run the Wildcat. 

This offense is completely devoid of any fast players.  

So the game plan has to be the same every week. Hide the QB. Run the ball, dump off all day, try an occasional throw to the sideline. And you hit the nail on the head. Sure the Bills have all this cap room, so do other teams and now you have to convince them to come to Buffalo. Play for this Coach, with no QB on the roster, 11.5 ppg scoring. 

I also agree on Beane's staff. Kaolin Clay, Jordan Matthews, Mike Tolbert, Joe Webb, Kelvin Benjamin, Jeremy Kerley, Corey Coleman, Anquan Boldin. Just scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel in trades and free agents. I mean its Week 7 and they haven't brought in one other practice squad player from around the league. Isn't there one guy on a practice squad somewhere that runs a 4.40? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billspro said:

It actually impressive how bad this offense is. In a year where there is a record amount of points the Bills are creating the worst offense I have seen since being a football fan. I didn’t think it was possible to have an offense this bad in today’s NFL. You could probably create a better offense using the remaining street free agents and a random unemployed offensive coordinator. We should consider ourselves lucky if we get one TD and double digit points.

It's pretty incredible watching the rest of the league. We are so far behind

The best thing about Marrone was that no matter what we were in games. The team didn’t get blown out and even though he wasn’t a defensive coach, the D didn’t not show up. Chan, Rex and McDermott get and got blown out way to often. The effort and performance from this defense today is inexcusable. 4 out of 7 games this season have been over before halftime. That’s ***** embarrassing. I don’t care what the situation is. You can’t have that. This is a playoff team from last season. Not the 17 Browns. For whatever reason this team just doesn’t show up for this coach almost 40% of the time. That is impossible to understand or accept. I’m not asking for a change but In my mind, I’m about done with McDermott. I hope it turns around but objectively, I’m not sure how it happens. 

40 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Like what's the plan? We're trying to run the ball and win the turnover battle and win close games like it's 1995. 

There is zero innovation on either side of the football and our offense for two years has looked like it's straight out of the stone age of professional football. Our passing game is essentially non existent which is just mind boggling given how the rules are set up these days.

Throw in McDermott's lack of understanding percentages in certain situations on 4th down and his misuse of timeouts and we appear to be hitched to a coach who isn't going to take us to the promise land.

In the NFL in 2018 you need forward thinking, progressive coaches who are trying to push the envelope with their innovation. Through two years with McDermott we haven't seen any of that. 

Couldn't have put it better..it's never been easier to pass the ball then it is now yet week after we line up trying to win games like the 2000 Ravens minus the all time great defence . Since Mcbeane has been here they've completely gutted the offensive side of the ball and we've had completely unimaginative schemes..all the evidence you need is to see the transition from Jeff Fisher to mcvay .

35 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I agree with this. 

The Coach is on the record as saying his offense is predicated on running the ball with physicality because it snows in Buffalo. 

You trade Glenn, #12, #53, #55 for rocket-armed Josh Allen. And he goes into the season as the #2 to watch Nate Peterman and learn. 

The Coach seemingly can't shake his faith in noodle armed QB unless Nate is so bad that he costs his teams games. 

For a Coach who loves to say that he's seen it all, done it all, planned for doing the right things at the right times, knows where you're going with any question you ask him we're in Week 5 signing a 35 year old QB who was on a family vacation. 

When the Bills win games it looks a lot like Dick Jauron. It's 17-14 leaning on a defense the entire day, punting and playing field position. If the other team scores, the Bills only mode of winning goes out the window and they often get shelled. 

There is no sense that McDermott is sitting on a secret pocket of offensive knowledge to where if he had the "right" offensive players, the offense would suddenly be opened up and we'd be scoring 30+ ppg. 

And our fans. A large percentage of them preach the virtues of patience and just waiting longer. That the $79MM in cap space and the 2019 Draft will rebuild  the entire offense. 

And it's too early I guess, but the real kicker is, that QB the Bills had to have at #7 doesn't look very good....so how likely is it that you get 5-6 games into 2019 and he's got to be pulled out because he stinks? McDermott got 2018 and 2019 based on the Playoffs in 2017. But the offense is deplorable. 

15 minutes ago, nucci said:

It's pretty incredible watching the rest of the league. We are so far behind

Mahomes has 233 yards and 3 TDs, with another 40 yards rushing and they are sitting first and goal in the 2nd Quarter. 

We're signing 35-year old backups off beach towels to play for us in Week 7. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bills11 said:

....agree....and we masterfully held them to 37 today..............

27 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I agree with this. 

The Coach is on the record as saying his offense is predicated on running the ball with physicality because it snows in Buffalo. 

You trade Glenn, #12, #53, #55 for rocket-armed Josh Allen. And he goes into the season as the #2 to watch Nate Peterman and learn. 

The Coach seemingly can't shake his faith in noodle armed QB unless Nate is so bad that he costs his teams games. 

For a Coach who loves to say that he's seen it all, done it all, planned for doing the right things at the right times, knows where you're going with any question you ask him we're in Week 5 signing a 35 year old QB who was on a family vacation. 

When the Bills win games it looks a lot like Dick Jauron. It's 17-14 leaning on a defense the entire day, punting and playing field position. If the other team scores, the Bills only mode of winning goes out the window and they often get shelled. 

There is no sense that McDermott is sitting on a secret pocket of offensive knowledge to where if he had the "right" offensive players, the offense would suddenly be opened up and we'd be scoring 30+ ppg. 

And our fans. A large percentage of them preach the virtues of patience and just waiting longer. That the $79MM in cap space and the 2019 Draft will rebuild  the entire offense. 

And it's too early I guess, but the real kicker is, that QB the Bills had to have at #7 doesn't look very good....so how likely is it that you get 5-6 games into 2019 and he's got to be pulled out because he stinks? McDermott got 2018 and 2019 based on the Playoffs in 2017. But the offense is deplorable. 

Mahomes has 233 yards and 3 TDs, with another 40 yards rushing and they are sitting first and goal in the 2nd Quarter. 

We're signing 35-year old backups off beach towels to play for us in Week 7. 

It’s so easy to play offense in the NFL. We are one of the few teams that make it look difficult.

That Colts D was consistently giving up 30+ points before today.

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’d say no. Absolutely not. They got to 9-7 with Marrone but didn’t get the oddball tiebreaker. 

9-7 with Mularkey too, and this season looks a lot like his second. 

2 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Turnovers and serviceable performances from Josh Allen. 

Serviceable is being very generous. Very Tebow like stats without the 2pt conversions.

9 hours ago, PaulieYayo said:

Exactly....this is far from an upgrade from Rex

McClappity is a downgrade IMO, his whole cult-like culture/process shtick is a scam that the gullible Pegula fell for hard.

Pegula is ultimately to blame here.  Hired Rex, then overcorrected too far the other direction and what we have now is much worse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

McClappity is a downgrade IMO, his whole cult-like culture/process shtick is a scam that the gullible Pegula fell for hard.

Pegula is ultimately to blame here.  Hired Rex, then overcorrected too far the other direction and what we have now is much worse.

Good point. Although McBeane are in over their heads it's ultimately Pegulas doing.

And ownership usually gets away unscathed around here.