What is your final straw?

9 hours ago, Peter said:

I have been a fan for decades.  The Buffalo Bills are part of my DNA.  McCoach and his process have made it very hard to be enthusiastic about this team or where it is going.  So yes, in my view, he has sucked the life out of this franchise.

I am sick and tired of listening to all of the cliches and platitudes as I am now during his post game press conference.  He is brutal.

So you'll be well aware a proper rebuild is EXACTLY what this team needed, the reason you go 6-10 every year is because you refuse a total rebuild. Now we get one, people moan. This team will 2-14 /3-13 and I'll be pleased, because after so long it's exactly what was needed

9 hours ago, dlonce said:

. I’ve come to the conclusion that McDermot and Beane have created a very poor squad. .

Which is precisely how you rebuild a team properly.....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I watch every game no matter what.

My final straw will be if the offense isn't addressed this offseason.

Our first missed game will be the one after they bury/cremate us

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Lfod said:

I have no last straw man. I'm no bandwagon fan. 

And this is why we keep getting garbage like this. You're a bandwagon fan if you desire more than this mess...but hey, you're not a bandwagon fan....U just keep watching buddy..... I'm going to go watch what a team shiyld actually look like!

7 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

So you'll be well aware a proper rebuild is EXACTLY what this team needed, the reason you go 6-10 every year is because you refuse a total rebuild. Now we get one, people moan. This team will 2-14 /3-13 and I'll be pleased, because after so long it's exactly what was needed

Which is precisely how you rebuild a team properly.....

McBeane have proved that they can put together a team that can get destroyed an inordinate amount of times - even against a previously one win team.  

I am not sure getting blown is what I would describe as a "proper rebuild."

7 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I expected this season. I don't understand how people did not see this coming.

i've expected this season every year since 2000, maybe 3 times it's risen above this level of expectation

Go Bills!

Started taking my Sundays back two weeks ago. I'll watch the first half, and when it goes as expected, move on to better activities. I popped the Indy game on for the first quarter, and then realized I have better stuff to do. I wont cut them off completely, but I'm basically moving on to the offseason.

Apparently, when it appears that the management has stopped trying to win, I loose interest in watching.

McDermott has succeeded in diminishing my desire to spend time watching Bills football. I am meh about the Bills for the first time ever.

Good job McDermott.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm actually ok with it. The Bills being as bad as they are helps me to separate from things. I now have 3 and a half extra hours on Sunday I'm not posted up in front of a TV. I take that time to get in some work with my own kids earlier in the afternoon, going over things with them in retrospect, versus later because they play their games on Saturdays. 

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Started taking my Sundays back two weeks ago. I'll watch the first half, and when it goes as expected, move on to better activities. I popped the Indy game on for the first quarter, and then realized I have better stuff to do. I wont cut them off completely, but I'm basically moving on to the offseason.

Same for me.  I expected this season as well but it's a complete waste of time to spend hours watching a team that cant compete in the least.   I love the Bills, have for a very long time, but I prefer watching college football at this point.

I will probably tune into the first half Monday night but I am not going to bother going into work exhausted for a meaningless game.  When Allen returns I may watch more but it's pointless to watch Anderson or Peterman because I dont see a scenario where either is on the team next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

In a season I went in with 7-9 expectations, there isn't much that could be my final straw.   I'm really just pissed that we got rid of McCarron and went with Peterman, other than the QB situation being mucked up, this season is kind of going the way I thought it would.   

Although  would have thought we beat Houston and Indy and give the fans false hope.   That's usually the Bills way.  

• Like (+1) 1

The Colts game after all the rookie mistakes this coaching staff has made when it comes to the QB then letting good players go in FA to other teams & keeping players that have played below average i'm out !! 

They could have played this bad with all rookies & gotten them some on field experience but they are playing this bad with veterans so WTF !! 

I'm tired of the process & the after game speeches that they have to look at the tape & see what we did good & learn from what we did bad at some $60 k per game on the low end & what ever it is the coaches make they should fire all their ***** !! I'm out !! 

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I quit watching yesterday early for the first time since that SF game where they went 300/300 against us.  They aren't trying to win this year and I understand it but that doesn't help me enjoy watching that nonsense for 3.5 hours on a weekend.  I found myself wishing they would switch to the patriots game because at least that was entertaining.  I found myself wondering if they aren't trying to win why am I watching hoping they will win?  MNF should be a big deal and I know I will watch because I always watch MNF but I wish it were different teams.

A long time ago @BADOLBILZ talked about apathy from fans being the worst thing for a sports team to recover from and I think apathetic is a great word for how I feel right now.  I used to live for Sundays and Bills games.  Now it just doesn't matter... sad state of affairs right now hopefully they work hard this off season to address the assortment of issues (many self created) to be at least competitive again.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Peter said:

McBeane have proved that they can put together a team that can get destroyed an inordinate amount of times - even against a previously one win team.  

I am not sure getting blown is what I would describe as a "proper rebuild."

Well you don't know what a rebuild is made of then. Roster deconstruction, building cap space and accumulating draft picks is how you a rebuild properly.

10 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Well you don't know what a rebuild is made of then. Roster deconstruction, building cap space and accumulating draft picks is how you a rebuild properly.

They certainly are good at deconstruction . . . that is for sure.

Whether they can be trusted to move forward, spend available cap space, etc. is another story.

7 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I expected this season. I don't understand how people did not see this coming.

Didn't see incompetence?

Didn't see being badly out coached?

Didn't see multiple blow outs?

Of course we saw a tough season. Unfortunately some of this is self inflicted. Talent has been traded away or not re-signed and it hasn't been replaced.  

Tell me, what gives you confidence that McDermott will have a successful off season just because they have $$$$$ available?  Point to moves that prove he knows how to judge talent (players and coaches) specifically on the offensive side of the ball.