This offense actually hurts your eyes

Anthony Lynn’s offense put up points in bunches when he was here, only 2 short years ago.

And now we have the worst offense ive seen in Buffalo. Ever. And that is no exaggeration unfortunately. 

McD, i like you, but youre not here to be a DC; youre here to be a HC. If the offense fails, you fail. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Damn, but I think you’re right. And those teams were beyond horrible. 

I've heard about those teams. Was born in 89. I've seen bad teams, I know the teams history too. I know about the 70s vs the dolphins, I try to respect older fans perspectives. How does this team stack up vs 84 and 85? Are we more 86? I'm not saying success will ensue, but at least 86 had reason for optimism.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I've heard about those teams. Was born in 89. I've seen bad teams, I know the teams history too. I know about the 70s vs the dolphins, I try to respect older fans perspectives. How does this team stack up vs 84 and 85? Are we more 86? I'm not saying success will ensue, but at least 86 had reason for optimism.

Nope, not even close to ‘86.That team was on the way up. It took another year ( and there was a player strike in there as well)

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

This offense is worse than 84 and 85...which I didn't think was possible until I witnessed this hot mess.

The defense is better than 84-85.

So you think we're 84/85 bad? I knew 86 was on the up and up. 

Jim Kelly arrived in 86 - major improvement in full swing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

So you think we're 84/85 bad? I knew 86 was on the up and up. 

Maybe worse. At least ‘85 you had Bruce Smith. His talent was apparent, but his motivation wasn’t there yet. Those teams were obviously lacking in talent, and I don’t see Beane pulling off a Polian impression. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

B

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Maybe worse. At least ‘85 you had Bruce Smith. His talent was apparent, but his motivation wasn’t there yet. Those teams were obviously lacking in talent, and I don’t see Beane pulling off a Polian impression. 

Bruce was a fat, unmotivated rookie in 85.

6 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

This offense is worse than 84 and 85...which I didn't think was possible until I witnessed this hot mess.

The defense is better than 84-85.

Jim Kelly arrived in 86 - major improvement in full swing.

Yea that's how I know everyone was excited about 86. I know kelly invigorated the franchise in 86. I forgot about the Bruce being fat and lazy thing, my dad used to bring that up all the time. But he loved Bruce.

It's just good to see what the older fans think, even though I think being a cognizant Bills fan since 96, I have a decent understanding. The 4 superbowls were the aberration, what happened before and after that is more reflective of the team.

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Yea that's how I know everyone was excited about 86. I know kelly invigorated the franchise in 86. I forgot about the Bruce being fat and lazy thing, my dad used to bring that up all the time. But he loved Bruce.

It's just good to see what the older fans think, even though I think being a cognizant Bills fan since 96, I have a decent understanding. The 4 superbowls were the aberration, what happened before and after that is more reflective of the team.

Yes, although I wouldn’t classify the SuperBowl teams as an aberration . They were the outlier in the history of the franchise, but not a happy mistake. They showed what could be done when competent people are put in place. Getting Kelly back after the USFL folded was part happenstance, but Polian an Co put together a nice roster. Ralph then fired his best GM before he should have. 

• Like (+1) 1