Tank.....just tank.....

The Process

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

What makes you think this i not already happening.....

Do you think Dabol would survive these offensive outputs if they were trying to make the playoffs?   We are already seeing coordinator's around the league being let go.

Do you not think Beane would be making trades to get more offensive talent if that was the case?

Its a poo poo dead cap year.....and this team is going to biuld its offense through the draft....and you dont get into the premium picks be having a winning record

And it really is as simple as that.

That’s fine if we want to build through the draft... but can we please have someone other than McBeane choose our players? 

1 hour ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Bills will win 4-5 games tops.... 

That leaves them with probably pick 4, 5 or 6. Just trade Shady for a 3rd, trade KB for a 7th and call it a day.

Bting up Keith Ford and go get whoever to play WR.

Praying they don’t win another game. First pick, baby!

21 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

They have bottomed out, they have also found ways to keep getting deeper

And any coach or GM that ever decides that the best way to succeed is to tank deserves to be fired on the spot cause they really are not capable of doing their job. The best guys can find quality players and talent all over the draft. They also dont need certain or specific players to succeed. They can work with what the talent they have and build around it. 

Not sure I agree with that, not yet at least. The prior regime did a better job of creating/coaching up quality depth imo.

Our previous WR core was at one point Watkins/Woods/Goodwin/Hogan/Harvin. With prime Shady and a great #2 in Gillislee in the backfield. Groy stepped right in for Wood after his injury and the line didn't miss a beat. Heck even Kouandjio held his own filling in for Glenn for a handful of games in 2016.

The defense had depth and talent too but Rex was just an idiot. Gilmore/Darby/Robey are all starting elsewhere, Bradham/Brown/Dareus as well.

Beane has prioritzed bringing in his own guys like KB/Tolbert/Ducasse and it really hasn't worked out.

This offseason is obviously huge for this regime. They (should) have a high pick at the beginning of every round and lots of cap space. Need to add a lot of talent and do everything they can to develop Allen.

Let Derek start and take your whuppin next week. There is something to be said about losing the locker room by going with Peterman. Hope that Derek can keep it from getting embarrassing on national TV.  After that you’re a 6 loss team that would probably need to run the table to make the playoffs. Everyone knows that ain’t happening. That makes it Peterman time again, plus we hope about 4-5 Allen starts to see if he can find some rhythm this year. Take your 4-12 or 3-13 (2-12) and the Top 3 pick and plan to become competitive in 2019, maybe even good in 2020. 

I think what should be clear is that "tanking" comes from Personnel, not coaching + players. The coaches and players are going to try and win. We are in a tanking season because we traded away/cut players with big contracts and have 55 million in dead cap space. If the team wants to tank further, they should trade McCoy. Other than that move, I can't see anything else they can do to reasonably tank further.

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

If he knew it was just a wasted year, no worries, you don't put Allen out there. I don't care how bad it is.

Right. Somehow I think you’d be wearing sackcloth, covering yourself in ashes and self-flagellating while screaming at the sky if Nathan Peterman was out there and Josh Allen sat on the bench.

10 hours ago, gtu100 said:

For anyone that argues against tanking for any altruistic reasons: When we started 0-8 in 2010 and then went 4-4 in the second half to drop from the top pick to the third pick, the two players chosen in front of us were Cam Newton and Von Miller.  Then we took Dareus.

I'd take Newton or Miller over any single player on our roster right now.

And the next three picks were A.J. Green, Patrick Peterson, and Julio Jones.  Maybe we just suck at drafting.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Andy1 said:

I've never been someone to root for tanking, but this is the year for it. If Allen isn't playing, there is no reason to win. If he is playing, his teammates should be in full effort helping him to succeed. Let Allen sit, heal and learn from the bench. The only way they can screw this up is to start winning meaningless games ending up with a middling record. 

First, QBs don't learn from the bench.  They learn by playing.

Second, the only way tanking in football could be worth it, IMO, is if you are doing it in a year where a top QB prospect is available and your tanking assures that you can get him.

Unfortunately, the Bills think they already have their QB and they will not draft another one with our first, high, draft pick next year.

So then why is this the year to be tanking?  

Having said that, I'm in favor of losing out as of right now, this season. 

• Like (+1) 1