Let the Fire Sale Commence

H2o

1 hour ago, H2o said:

We have gotten quite a few starters out of the last two drafts. I think we'll be alright. This year is just not our year. 

Yes, indeed we have gotten a few starters - White DEFENSE, Dawkins DEFENSE, Milano DEFENSE, Edmunds DEFENSE, Johnson DEFENSE, and Allen Offense. Neal DEFENSE is depth.

Do you see the pattern here?  There is absolutely NO EVIDENCE to suggest that McBeane have an eye for the Offensive side of the ball. Here are some offensive picks they have made so far - Vontae Davis, Cory Coleman, Jeremy Kerley, Anquan Boldin, AJ McCarron. How did they work out?

Edited by cd1

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

What's the point.

We're sold off all our best parts already and replaced them with worse players across the board. 

No point in acquiring draft picks. Our GM doesn't know how to use them. 

How’s that exactly? Allen edmunds Phillips and Johnson are all contributing, and so is Dawkins Milano and White from the year before? Lots of reports that he was feeding us info on who Carolina liked last year. 

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Debol might not be the answer either......so there is that.

And another worrisome trend

McD first choice Said No and now Fired twice

McD second choice Fired 

McD thierd Choice Daboll???

yeah pretty freaking concerning there too

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

And another worrisome trend

McD first choice Said No and now Fired twice

McD second choice Fired 

McD thierd Choice Daboll???

yeah pretty freaking concerning there too

So many worrisome concerns there.

Anything else you're concerned about, Bob?

We have little to no talent on offense. We literally only have 2 or 3 players max that you can really call young players part of the future (Allen, Dawkins and maybe Zay). You hope Allen is the future but it’s not off to a promising start and Zay looks like a 3rd WR at best so far. This offense is going to be really bad again next year. There’s no way this regime can overhaul that entire unit in one offseason. More than likely it’s going to be the downfall of McD and BB. 

Edited by Bangarang

Look for them to buy, not sell. 

When the "McCoy back to Philly?" bullsh*t started, the word from Buffalo was that they have him firmly placed in their plans for the future. Same with Hughes. They're done trimming the roster, they're looking to add, not subtract. 

What are they gonna get for KB? A bag of Skittles? He walks in the off-season but right now they literally have no one else to throw to so he may as well play out the rest of the season. 

I've got no issue with this team losing games. My issue is these blowout losses. Can't keep having these. They're demoralizing. They're gonna cause players to check out, doesn't matter who the coach is, or the GM, or the owners, etc. You have to stay somewhat competitive even though you're in a rebuild otherwise your entire culture becomes, "Why should we ball out? The other half of the team doesn't, why should we?" They have to take the field with some belief that they can win or at least keep it interesting. Keep this up and they'll be taking the field wondering how much longer they're stuck in Buffalo until they can leave. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I realize that you are falling on the negative side of this which i fine.....

but with 10 draft picks (so far) and 90 million in cap space AND a QB with a year under his NFL belt this offense could in fact improve next year.   It HAS happened.

other teams have draft picks and cap space.....the Bills will be in competition for FAs....not everyone is just going to come to Buffalo

3 hours ago, H2o said:

In light of today's loss we now sit at 2-5. There is no possible way we run off enough wins to make any sort of noise this year. Now is time to deep look at the roster and sell out. Benjamin if you can get anything for him, ask McCoy what he wants to do because you owe him that much, do the same for Hughes, and let the young players get as much experience as possible. This team is going nowhere so we might as well get what we can for the guys who aren't part of the long-term plans. 

They owe McCoy zero, he makes a lot of money for a guy who is far from elite and constantly hurt. They have no one else worth trading away for anything

3 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

We have 6 starters from the past two drafts. White, Dawkins, Milano, Edmunds, Johnson, and Allen. Neal is depth.

Given that they dumped everyone and completely started over it'll take 3 more good drafts to get a decent team together. If Allen pans out of course.

3 hours ago, cd1 said:

Yes, indeed we have gotten a few starters - White DEFENSE, Dawkins DEFENSE, Milano DEFENSE, Edmunds DEFENSE, Johnson DEFENSE, and Allen Offense. Neal DEFENSE is depth.

Do you see the pattern here?  There is absolutely NO EVIDENCE to suggest that McBeane have an eye for the Offensive side of the ball. Here are some offensive picks they have made so far - Vontae Davis, Cory Coleman, Jeremy Kerley, Anquan Boldin, AJ McCarron. How did they work out?

I guess you are counting Dawkins as "defense" because he defends our QB? I still think Zay is starting to develop as well. 

2 hours ago, PaulieYayo said:

They owe McCoy zero, he makes a lot of money for a guy who is far from elite and constantly hurt. They have no one else worth trading away for anything

McCoy has been one of the best backs in the league the last two years, even with all of fhe tread on those tires. He still looks like he has his burst and lateral quickness this year, just no running lanes. 

Edited by H2o

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

I guess you are counting Dawkins as "defense" because he defends our QB? I still think Zay is starting to develope as well. 

McCoy has been one of the best backs in the league the last two years, even with all of fhe tread on those tires. He still looks like he has his burst and lateral quickness this year, just no running lanes. 

Zero touchdowns, zero 100 yard games through 7 games 

9 hours ago, H2o said:

In light of today's loss we now sit at 2-5. There is no possible way we run off enough wins to make any sort of noise this year. Now is time to deep look at the roster and sell out. Benjamin if you can get anything for him, ask McCoy what he wants to do because you owe him that much, do the same for Hughes, and let the young players get as much experience as possible. This team is going nowhere so we might as well get what we can for the guys who aren't part of the long-term plans. 

Why wouldn't Hughes be part of the long term. DEs  can play for a long time. If we can trade Benjamin and McCoy I would.

9 hours ago, jrober38 said:

What's the point.

We're sold off all our best parts already and replaced them with worse players across the board. 

No point in acquiring draft picks. Our GM doesn't know how to use them. 

Yes White, Dawkins, Milano, Edmunds, Philips, Taron Johnson are all terrible and Allen could be the best of all When we put an offense around him.

9 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I'm getting real nervous about Mcdermott. 

Is he ever going to be able to develop a top tier offense? 
Hope is fading....

why is this a concern? They  chose to focus on the defense (which I would not have done) and didn't upgrade the offense besides OC. The offense is HIGHLY UNLIKELY to improve during the season. We are going to have to wait till next year for the offense.

You guys get how businesses work right?

You have to have something that someone else would want to sell it.

The ***** is on this roster someone else would want? We have Tre, Edmunds.... Allen but no one would give up much for him. The other two cant be traded. 

They have nothing they can get a decent return on, and the strong point has been the returns this regime has gotten on trades. 

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yes White, Dawkins, Milano, Edmunds, Philips, Taron Johnson are all terrible and Allen could be the best of all When we put an offense around him.

Beane didn't draft half of those guys. And Allen won't be the best of them all. I try to be an optimist but when I read ***** like this I revert to not being one.