Let the Fire Sale Commence

H2o

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Question:

Have they even really brought ANYONE in for the offense to this point?

If you were calling the shots you wpuld be spending money right now on offense for this team?  Why?  Are you one the folks that think spending good money on an older player such as Bryant would be smart this season?  I just don't understand unless it's purely emo reasons - thinking 6 wins would be better than 3 wins and worth spending money to accomplish is illogical. 

Edited by sleeby

11 minutes ago, H2o said:

In light of today's loss we now sit at 2-5. There is no possible way we run off enough wins to make any sort of noise this year. Now is time to deep look at the roster and sell out. Benjamin if you can get anything for him, ask McCoy what he wants to do because you owe him that much, do the same for Hughes, and let the young players get as much experience as possible. This team is going nowhere so we might as well get what we can for the guys who aren't part of the long-term plans. 

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm fine with tearing it down to the walls

Weve sold damn near everything. That’s how outside of Minnesota we are averaging like 9 ppg in the easiest to score era yet.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, H2o said:

In light of today's loss we now sit at 2-5. There is no possible way we run off enough wins to make any sort of noise this year. Now is time to deep look at the roster and sell out. Benjamin if you can get anything for him, ask McCoy what he wants to do because you owe him that much, do the same for Hughes, and let the young players get as much experience as possible.

Keep Hughes...

He has been their best player this year and is on a cheap deal next year..

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Thomas and Maclin aren't the future for ANY team

Why? Thomas is still good.  His QBs can't throw him the balls. Maclin you are likely right, but still an improvement.  Cooper and Pryor especially, I think are no brainers. 

1 minute ago, peterpan said:

Why? Thomas is still good.  His QBs can't throw him the balls. Maclin you are likely right, but still an improvement.  Cooper and Pryor especially, I think are no brainers. 

Maclin has already turned us down before we need to stop bringing up his name lol

5 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Not judging his performances this season Thomas isnt.

Pryor has done nothing apart from 1 season a couple of years ago, and Cooper is a disaster zone

16 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Agree with you on McCoy and KB.

Hell no on Hughes though. He could have 3-4 more season easily.

100%

Keep this defense in tact the next few years.  Hughes still has a couple prime years left in him. 

McCoy has been a great Bill for us, but he doesn’t fit what we do. That’s obvious after watching 2 games of Ivory/Murphy running.   See if we can get a 3rd back for him.  

Zero chance we resign Benjamin so might as well get something for him.  I’d be ecstatic with a 5th.  

Clay can also gtfo, but I don’t know that there’s any market for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

What's the point.

We're sold off all our best parts already and replaced them with worse players across the board. 

No point in acquiring draft picks. Our GM doesn't know how to use them. 

?? Our GM doesn’t know how to use picks. Edmunds has been playing well and looking good thus far. Some mistakes but great for a barely 20 year old starting in the NFL. Harrison Phillips and Tarim Johnson have been solid.

So he doesn’t know how to draft because we took a raw QB that by all means should have sat for a while and got throw into a starting  role without working with the 1 st team much. 

• Like (+1) 1