Derek Anderson’s performance against the Colts

SDS

I mean if your going to start Anderson to avoid the heat from starting Peterman it needs to be better or it will look just as dumb as starting Peterman would.

It looked pretty dumb to me. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, B Fan in LA said:

I thought he played pretty good fro most of the game.

In fact, a LOT better than what I expected.

He finally got KB to look like he should be in a uniform...........and ZJ, too!

But let's be realistic, he probably didn't get any sleep last night..............

Then, he's playing on the road with a team where he doesn't even know most of the players names.

He executed the scripted game plan for the first 2 quarters, and then...................he hit the wall............

He ran out of gas !!

What were we expecting ?

The guy is 35 and was hoping to get a clip board job for a few months.

Then this train wreck is happening all around him.

Good grief, he's better than any other QB we have.

He didn't hit the wall ... circumstances forced him to press the action and try to score quickly.  I think everyone knew that he could win a 15-12 type game (much like the ones we played against inept offenses like the Titans and Texans), but that there was no way he was going to lead a big comeback. He was exactly what I expected: a marginally competent career backup. Until he was forced to be the second coming of Aaron Rodgers or something like that.

I actually thought DA played ok for a guy that has been inactive and out of the game for a while. I was expecting an awful looking QB but he put his ugly passes on Target more than a few times. The INTs can’t continue but I believe he can clean that up a bit.  

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I’d go with Peterman until Allen is ready.  The season is over.   Maybe just maybe the light comes on for Peterman.  

There is NO point in playing Grandpa Anderson. 

This assumes McClappy is even aware who is playing on the offensive side of the ball. 

I agree, just let Peterman have another shot. Anderson is pure garbage.

13 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I actually thought DA played ok for a guy that has been inactive and out of the game for a while. I was expecting an awful looking QB but he put his ugly passes on Target more than a few times. The INTs can’t continue but I believe he can clean that up a bit.  

He did.  When he forced things late the turnover parade went into high gear. 

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

The margin today was not that different than the margin against Baltimore.

Do you REALLY think the team got dominated in the same fashion?

I'm not trying to put a positive spin on anything. As a matter of fact, it's even MORE discouraging as an organization when you fail in every single big moment within a game. It's almost more acceptable to just get destroyed.

This was not a mismatch in talent.

I’m happy that I’m old enough to barely remember anything against the Ravens, it just goes in the round file mentally, along with....

Hmmmmmm....  36 mediocre years, 10 losses a year.....

about 250 other disasters

• Like (+1) 1

What a sad lot we are. Debating who a better start is on Monday night football against our nemesis. A retired guy we just brought off the streets. Or Nate Peterman, who throws a pick every eight times he completes a pass. 

Being dominant is one thing. But having a mediocre-competent offense that isn’t embarrassing really shouldn’t be difficult.

MNF could have record low viewership.

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He did.  When he forced things late the turnover parade went into high gear. 

No he didn't. He didn't even throw a TD or lead his team to a TD. He was awful. This was the 1-5 Colts.

33 minutes ago, zow2 said:

How can you say a guy who didn't lead his team to a single TD against a 1-5 team played well. He turned the ball over 4 times. He only put up 3 points, so he turned the ball over more times than he scored points. Unheard of. And they were 1-5.

6 hours ago, Steptide said:

I cannot believe this team is gonna be on mnf against new England 

Yah a massacre when your not playing in prime time on TV is one thing but to play in prime time & take a ass whooping is a totally different ball game !!

20 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

What a sad lot we are. Debating who a better start is on Monday night football against our nemesis. A retired guy we just brought off the streets. Or Nate Peterman, who throws a pick every eight times he completes a pass. 

You're being kind to the Peterman.

He throws a pick once every eight times he ATTEMPTS a pass.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Steptide said:

I cannot believe this team is gonna be on mnf against new England 

It's the perfect storm.

7 hours ago, DRA3196 said:

I have a ton of respect for Anderson. I just hope he doesn't pull a Vontae Davis before Allen comes back.

A few shots of him on the sideline had me thinking he was going to quit

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, billieve420 said:

Been saying there is no point to Anderson playing. He needs to be on the bench right next to Allen. Not sure why Daboll waited till now to show up on the sidelines. He should have been been down here with a rookie playing.

I still say start Peterman until Allen is healthy. If he is terrible there will be no option for McDermott to keep him on the roster for next season.

Or we can stop parading Wayne Culley out there as the "qb" coach. His job is to sit next to Allen and go through the images. You get a raw qb prospect you give him oh I dont know... A REAL QB COACH!!!!

1 hour ago, Best Player Available said:

The announcers will turn the game into a complete Pats*** ball washing festival.

At the Bills expense. 

I hate it, but there won’t be much else for them to do. They’ll be dipping into the blowout material before halftime, then it will be ballwashings all around for the Pats and their staff. 

2 hours ago, T master said:

Yah a massacre when your not playing in prime time on TV is one thing but to play in prime time & take a ass whooping is a totally different ball game !!

Good thing MNF hasn’t mattered since 19&4, it was probably fake hype that anyone really cared about it before then