I was very wrong about Tyrod & have to own it.

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Hope you enjoy his leadership on that bench in Cleveland.     At least they have those nice futuristic heaters ???

Have a good night, that enough benchwarmer discussion for one day.  

9-7. 

do you understand numbers? 

how was that after 17 years.  I bet you got upset it messed with out draft position. 

3 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I will agree, the offense was horrible today, but I believe it would absolutely be a mistake to blow up the team.  McBeane made the decision to try and find the QB of the future and find some lynchpin pieces to the defense.  That decision made it necessary to try and use bandaids to hold the rest of the offense together.  Mistake?  You can debate that.  Maybe Buffalo should have tried to build more of the support pieces into the offense better offensive linemen and receivers, and maybe had a little more youth at RB.  I don't think there is a clear answer yet.  The jury is still out on Allen.  I don't know if signing Derek Anderson will pan out, but I wasn't expecting an awful lot ten days after coming off the golf course.  I think maybe the losing is leading to the expectation of losing.  That makes it harder to overcome.  It is going to continue against New England next Monday night

BUT, I think McDermott knows how to coach and get his players to perform.  I think Beane will address the offense in a major way in the offseason.  I think Josh Allen is going to get a lot better next season.  And I think Brian Daboll can be a creative offensive coordinator when he has some talent and experience to work with.  Firing the coach in my thinking is a guarantee to continue nearly two decades of futility, and the biggest mistake Terry Pegula could make with this team right now.

They get blown out far too often. And now another one against a bad team. NYJ being the other.

13 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Hey bartender.  

I’d like to order another round of 56 yard games for my friends here 

Stop it nedboy, no ones paying 10 mil plus for a scrubby QB like Tyrod 

Kirby I get your point, but he wasn’t worth keeping.    

And I am in agreement with that. I said that they did the right thing. They should have had a guy here though if they were going to take such a raw prospect. Taking that pick and cap relief for Tyrod was the right decision. At the same time, the offense would have been a lot better with him. Either way though, this team wasn’t a contender which is why I agreed with them. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

do you understand numbers? 

Yes I understand the poor Cleveland Browns are paying 16 million for the man to sit by the heaters.     

Thats a huuuuuuuuge mistake by them.  

Thats enough browns talk, farewell sir.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Yes I understand the poor Cleveland Browns are paying 16 million for the man to sit by the heaters.     

Thats a huuuuuuuuge mistake by them.  

Thats enough browns talk, farewell sir.  

yeah.  we arent talking Browns talk.  Have a nice night. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

Rex and others got multiple years McDermott and co deserve longer

If McDermott were to be fired at the end of the season, he will have out lasted Rex.

I think he gets into next year, but if it's not a lot better all bets are off.

17 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Hope you enjoy his leadership on that bench in Cleveland.     At least they have those nice futuristic heaters ???

Have a good night, that enough benchwarmer discussion for one day.  

Out of curiosity, why do you hate the guy so much?

I think we are all in agreement that the Bills needed to move on from him. So let’s not argue that the Bills should have kept TT.

But TT is at the very least a competent QB who is light years ahead of What we have now.

”Anyone But tyrod” was a ridiculous argument last year. It could get a lot worse than him and it HAS gotten a lot worse. If you disagree, I don’t know what to tell you.

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

The Bills drafted a rookie QB who, was considered by many/most people as the least ready of all of the top prospects.

The Bills decided to take on a TON of dead cap space this year, as part of a plan to open up room going forward.

As a result of the above point, they are spending at least $30-$40 millon dollars less than most teams this year.

I don't know how anyone could expect at most 6-7 wins this year..and 4-5 as more likely....which they are right on pace for.

And those are all their choices that they need to be held accountable for. They decided to cut or trade the talented players currently on the roster. They decided they valued picks and take on dead cap more then the current talent

They decided they wanted to draft the QB that would take the longest to be ready to play, if he ever reached the ceiling some felt he may have the potential to reach. To help this QB succeed they hired a WR as a QB coach, and bring in a OC who hasnt had any real success at the NFL level. They also decided that it was better to have the other QB choices to have a total of 1/2 a seasons worth of career starts between them. Then after trading away the one guy who did crap the bed in his previous start and break a record for one of the worst starts in league history, they waited til week 6 to bring in a veteran to mentor the rookie. They brought in no upgrades at WR to add to one of the leagues worst groups to help the QB, and after losing more then half their line from last year, they didnt attempt to upgrade or replace the guys lost.

They have shown no significant improvements in any positions this year and it doesnt matter how.much cap space they have available if no one worth spending money on wants to sign here, and why would they accept for a paycheck? They also haven't shown much ability to be able to judge talent, specifically on the offensive side.

It wont matter if they keep these guys for another year or 2 or fire them now of they arent the right guys. These guys haven't proven anything that they are capable of building a winner, all they have shown is that they know how to take a team backwards.

It wont matter if they fire them and blow things up cause theres nothing left to blow up. The team is a pile of rubble

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

Last year, I said that the passing offense couldn't get worse than it was under Tyrod. 

Boy was I wrong.

I honestly didn't think it was really possible for a collection of professional coaches & players to perform as poorly on offense as they have this season. 

Beane & McDermott deserve to be fired at the end of this season. 

Tyrod still isn't starting AND  CHANGING THE REGIME WOULD BE THE DUMBEST THING WE COULD DO.

we need to get all of their guys in here so they can actually make progress and if not then fire them.

This constant firing is why we just keep spinning our wheels and we need to see this through.

It's like constantly changing diets and being mad when there is no results.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Tyrod still isn't starting AND  CHANGING THE REGIME WOULD BE THE DUMBEST THING WE COULD DO.

we need to get all of their guys in here so they can actually make progress and if not then fire them.

This constant firing is why we just keep spinning our wheels and we need to see this through.

It's like constantly changing diets and being mad when there is no results.

It's not the constant firing that's a problem. Its constantly bringing in poor coaching choices. It doesnt matter how long you give them if they arent rhe right coach. How many former head coaches from the Bill's are having success as headcoaches after leaving here? Jauron, Chan and Rex arent in football. Some have had some success going back to being co coordinators. The best ones are Marrone and Lynn.

These guys keep taking steps backwards and have yet to really take any steps forward. They keep telli g us to trust them and their "process" but its yet to really show any improvement to the roster and now we have to hope they can use the cap space next year to attract Free Agents which so far they havent shown they are a great judge on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Thru 15 games in 2016 with Tyrod........7th highest scoring team in NFL and fewest turnovers by a team in a season since the merger.

Thru 7 games in 2018.........on pace to be the lowest scoring team in the NFL since the merger............with bushels of turnovers.

Tyrod threw 10 int in his last 30 games.

The Bills (Allen, Peterman, and Anderson) have 12 in 7 games this year. 

That is how you lose. Not to mention the fumbles. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Out of curiosity, why do you hate the guy so much?

I think we are all in agreement that the Bills needed to move on from him. So let’s not argue that the Bills should have kept TT.

But TT is at the very least a competent QB who is light years ahead of What we have now.

”Anyone But tyrod” was a ridiculous argument last year. It could get a lot worse than him and it HAS gotten a lot worse. If you disagree, I don’t know what to tell you.

You forgot last season pretty quickly 

I don’t know what to tell you.   Maybe I can tell you to take a dive into YouTube and watch the Jags, Pats, Saints, Panthers, Bengals ?? shows over again.   

The guy rides the pine for a reason.    The real mistake passing on Watson/Mahomes with nothing but crap on the QB depth chart going into last season.   

Edited by Teddy KGB

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

I don’t know what to tell you.   Maybe I can tell you to take a dive into YouTube and watch the Jags, Pats, Saints, Panthers, Bengals ?? shows over again.   

The guy rides the pine for a reason.    The real mistake passing on Watson/Mahomes with nothing but crap on the QB depth chart.  

I’ll agree with your last line.

TT wasn’t good. I’m not saying that. Was just saying i strongly disagree with the anyone but tyrod opinion

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

The guy rides the pine for a reason.    The real mistake passing on Watson/Mahomes with nothing but crap on the QB depth chart going into last season.   

DAILY REMINDER THAT 70% OF TBD SAID THEY WOULDN'T TRADE TT FOR WATSON.  TBD CONFIRMED INSANE

• Haha (+1) 1

If you think TT would be any better than what you have witnessed this season, you are dilusional! Good god, look at the Saints, Panthers, and the playoff game from last year. Not enough proof, check out the Thursday night game when the Browns benched his ass, and how Mayfield made them immediately way better. This is so tired. He wasn't even close to being good enough. The problem with Taylor, is they THOUGHT he was something he wasn't, and didn't address the problem. 

Much the same as it's been since Kelly retired 22 years ago. The biggest mistake was not taking Mahommes. 

28 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

It's not the constant firing that's a problem. Its constantly bringing in poor coaching choices. It doesnt matter how long you give them if they arent rhe right coach. How many former head coaches from the Bill's are having success as headcoaches after leaving here? Jauron, Chan and Rex arent in football. Some have had some success going back to being co coordinators. The best ones are Marrone and Lynn.

These guys keep taking steps backwards and have yet to really take any steps forward. They keep telli g us to trust them and their "process" but its yet to really show any improvement to the roster and now we have to hope they can use the cap space next year to attract Free Agents which so far they havent shown they are a great judge on.

McDermott is the right coach and I guarantee he will not be fired.

He made the playoffs with little talent but now has even less talent. Sean is following the plans he learned under Andy Reid and Carolina and will do so when the offense is rebuilt. Pegula believes in Sean and his plan and isn't going anywhere .