I was very wrong about Tyrod & have to own it.

Last year, I said that the passing offense couldn't get worse than it was under Tyrod. 

Boy was I wrong.

I honestly didn't think it was really possible for a collection of professional coaches & players to perform as poorly on offense as they have this season. 

Beane & McDermott deserve to be fired at the end of this season. 

Edited by twoandfourteen
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 5

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

I honestly didn't think it was really possible for a collection of professional coaches & players to perform as poorly on offense as they have this season. 

The Cards, 49rs and the Raiders will give you a run for your money.

I will agree, the offense was horrible today, but I believe it would absolutely be a mistake to blow up the team.  McBeane made the decision to try and find the QB of the future and find some lynchpin pieces to the defense.  That decision made it necessary to try and use bandaids to hold the rest of the offense together.  Mistake?  You can debate that.  Maybe Buffalo should have tried to build more of the support pieces into the offense better offensive linemen and receivers, and maybe had a little more youth at RB.  I don't think there is a clear answer yet.  The jury is still out on Allen.  I don't know if signing Derek Anderson will pan out, but I wasn't expecting an awful lot ten days after coming off the golf course.  I think maybe the losing is leading to the expectation of losing.  That makes it harder to overcome.  It is going to continue against New England next Monday night

BUT, I think McDermott knows how to coach and get his players to perform.  I think Beane will address the offense in a major way in the offseason.  I think Josh Allen is going to get a lot better next season.  And I think Brian Daboll can be a creative offensive coordinator when he has some talent and experience to work with.  Firing the coach in my thinking is a guarantee to continue nearly two decades of futility, and the biggest mistake Terry Pegula could make with this team right now.

• Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Last year, I said that the passing offense couldn't get worse than it was under Tyrod. 

Boy was I wrong.

Yes, the revolving door of coaches is surely the best way to have sustained success. Jesus. 

• Like (+1) 5

27 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Yes, the revolving door of coaches is surely the best way to have sustained success. Jesus. 

Yes, the Pegulas should ignore the fact this regime has turned the franchise into a national laughingstock and instead stay the course simply because the last owner had a revolving door of coaches

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, twoandfourteen said:

Boy was I wrong.

No... no they dont deserve to be fired the first pair to break the drought ...

Jauron , Rex and others got multiple years McDermott and co deserve longer

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Yes, the Pegulas should ignore the fact this regime has turned the franchise into a national laughingstock and instead stay the course simply because the last owner had a revolving door of coaches

Pegula would be on his fourth coach in as many years. McD gets another year, and that's the bottom line. 

1 hour ago, Skins Malone said:

Idk about being fired but this is pretty damn bad.  And i like McD.  But wtf there is no excuse for an offense to be this bad

Daboll needs to go, at minimum. He has failed, he is not doing his job, hold him accountable. I'll hold on to the sliver of hope that I have left for McBeane if he's gone tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1