If Josh Allen is still struggling at the end of next season....?

Rebel101

What do we do and will McDermott be out of Buffalo? Do you think Beane will be gone as well? I know a rookie QB is suppose to be given 3 years. I am ok with given Allen 3 years. But what if he doesn’t make significant strides this offseason and next year? What if he is still struggling with reading defenses he pre and post snap? What if he still can’t recognize a blitz or know how to beat it? The only pass I think Allen should get 3 years on is his footwork, accuracy, pocket awareness, and pocket movement. So what do the Bills do? Assuming we substantially have a better offense and he is still struggling. If I’m not mistaken 2020 QB is suppose to have some really talented prospects if they all come out early. I know it’s early but I’m bored and waiting for the game to start sooo

Idk why GMs are always judged on the QBs they take.  GMs miss in drafts all the time.  I'm of the mindset you keep drafting QBs until you have one.  If Allen is still struggling by the end of next year then draft one. It's just really hard to grade Allen because the offense is so bad.  Its historically bad.  We will see what DA can do today.  As much as I like McDermott the QB situation is a total mess.

8 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

What do we do and will McDermott be out of Buffalo? Do you think Beane will be gone as well? I know a rookie QB is suppose to be given 3 years. I am ok with given Allen 3 years. But what if he doesn’t make significant strides this offseason and next year? What if he is still struggling with reading defenses he pre and post snap? What if he still can’t recognize a blitz or know how to beat it? The only pass I think Allen should get 3 years on is his footwork, accuracy, pocket awareness, and pocket movement. So what do the Bills do? Assuming we substantially have a better offense and he is still struggling. If I’m not mistaken 2020 QB is suppose to have some really talented prospects if they all come out early. I know it’s early but I’m bored and waiting for the game to start sooo

If Allen is struggling at the end of next season, he is likely not ever going be a star in the league. I expect him to improve steadily though, so I don't imagine that that to be the case. 

10 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Idk why GMs are always judged on the QBs they take.  GMs miss in drafts all the time.  I'm of the mindset you keep drafting QBs until you have one.  If Allen is still struggling by the end of next year then draft one. It's just really hard to grade Allen because the offense is so bad.  Its historically bad.  We will see what DA can do today.  As much as I like McDermott the QB situation is a total mess.

I agree. Take a QB until one shows you that you don’t need to. But you also have to let a QB develop. Especially when you draft such a raw prospect. I understand the offense is bad but a lot of that has to do with Allen not knowing what he is doing

McBeane will not out-live Allen. 

What do we do next year when it all flames out?

Be very glad we took another top QB in the 2019 draft with our top 3 draft pick.

That selection will be fortified with a talent dump at the trade deadline.

Shady, and similar veterans should go.

If Dallas wants our "No. 1" WR, great!  Ship his ass outta here too.

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

McBeane will not out-live Allen. 

What do we do next year when it all flames out?

Be very glad we took another top QB in the 2019 draft with our top 3 draft pick.

That selection will be fortified with a talent dump at the trade deadline.

Shady, and similar veterans should go.

If Dallas wants our "No. 1" WR, great!  Ship his ass outta here too.

Who hurt you??...if you ever need to talk I’m here...

• Like (+1) 3

What if Tom Brady can play well until he's 50?

What if Belichick is super-human and can coach until he's 90?

What if the refs really are against the Bills?

Oh the anxiety.  What are we going to do?  I got it...post another what if thread!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The 9 Isles said:

Ugh. This team doesn’t deserve  any fans until they are actually good (unlikely if ever). They should be boycotted until then. Such a bad franchise. 

That's not...thats not how this works 

If Allen is still struggling by the end of the year, then McDermott and Beane will get the offseason to address the team's needs and they'll move forward with Josh Allen as the starting QB for his sophomore year.

If instead he's playing well by the end of the year, then McDermott and Beane will get the offseason to address the team's needs and they'll move forward with Josh Allen as the starting QB for his sophomore year.

20 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

News flash, Josh Allen will still be struggling at the end of next season.

Peterdude with yet another Josh Allen bash. How about talking real football for a change. You are like a broken record. Do you know what real football is? I would love to see how eaten up your guts are every time Allen scores. I bet it damn near puts you in the hospital. I can't wait until he gets some experience and playmakers. I will stop by to piss on your gravesite, as I think you would commit hari kari. Lol.