Denver listening to trade offers for Demaryious Thomas

YoloinOhio

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
11 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

The Bills would have been better off trading the picks used on Ray Ray and Proehl for DT. The Bills have not drafted a Pro Bowler after round 4 since 2005.

These are undebateable facts.

You're off the rails friend.  Good luck with to ya.

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

This is a very fair point.

I just worry that this is how they like their WR core. No big names and no ego. Just guys who are "work hard" overachiever types. Look at what Cam has had at WR in Carolina since he came into the league.

They can’t possibly like this WR corps. It’s a disaster. If they like it, they don’t understand football. Actually, that is possible. 

5 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Cooper but would just be a 1 year rental until his contract expires after 2019, then he is gone.  Just as LA was crazy to trade for Watkins, who stayed for just the last year of his rookie deal.   Go draft some top guys or get guys in FA who actually can be signed to longer term deals who actually want to be here.   I want guys who will stay long enough to see this thing play out.

Sorry, WR problem not getting solved for this season.    Trust the Process.

Haha, I'd bet 6 million dollars you're white.

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

This is a very fair point.

I just worry that this is how they like their WR core. No big names and no ego. Just guys who are "work hard" overachiever types. Look at what Cam has had at WR in Carolina since he came into the league.

Yup, outside of smith who predated everyone... they didn’t invest there. It’s been a worry since we brought in Carolina leadership.

that said- benjamin Coleman and kerley represent a 3rd, 7th and like 13m in cap space. Roll in a trade up for zay. We’ve spent. Just terribly.

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Well we need to do something. Beane isn't completely against making a trade this year, he was in on Khalil Mack before the price got out of control. One of Thomas, Cooper, or Pryor should be a Bill by the time Allen comes back. What have we got to lose?

#2 pick in next years draft

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone they trade for will need to be for this year and at least one future year. I get what you are saying but they aren’t going to get a decent vet WR to sign here in FA. And adding a rookie is great - they will need to do that too - but I really think they need to add a vet for Allen. KB will be gone. Trade is the only way to obtain a good vet WR. They will need do massively overpay in FA even to get a #2/3 WR like Boyd or Tyrell Williams 

No, Yolo, no. Any receiver they get this year in a deal will have little utility for this year. We are nearly at the half way point so any acquisition is going to take at least another few weeks before they not only absorb the play book but also establish a relationship with the qb. 

The Bills are a bottom feeding team and will probably be when the season is concluded. Entering the offseason we have a significant cap to work with and a full complement of picks. That's when the additions should be made. Even if we are not able to get a #1 caliber receiver that doesn't mean that we still can't upgrade the unit. 

I'm not against adding talent to the roster. I'm just not going to pay the price for additional talent until the qb situation is stabilized. If we can get a bargain deal I would be receptive. I just don't see that happening not only from our end but from the team willing to deal away the player. 

6 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Because you trade for him, restructure and now you have a #1/#2 WR under contact for 2-3 years for your young QB to throw to.

I'd rather trade a fifth for a WR who has proven something in this league than a seventh for a WR who is a 1st round bust.

Those late round picks are borderline meaningless.  It's a calculated risk. 

We simply HAVE to get WR talent around Allen.  It's priority #1.  Look at what Goff and Wentz got.  Mahomes.  Watson.  The blueprint is out, draft a QB and give him help.

We can draft a guy high AND trade for a DT or Cooper.  But trotting Allen out there next year with Zay, Holmes and a third unknown quantity is unacceptable.

An old WR who’s best days are behind him. Who’s contract is no where near worth his value which is only going to drop. And his type of contract is exactly what got us into this predicament. And Allen does need a supporting cast but he also needs to vastly improve