Denver listening to trade offers for Demaryious Thomas

YoloinOhio

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Any trade they make would be for beyond this year. If the player is going to be a FA they would work out an extension agreement before the trade. They aren’t giving up a pick for 2 months of a player, obviously. 

I agree with that but I wouldn't want to give up much of anything for Thomas who will be 31 soon.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

They should look to shed players they can recoup some value for like Shady and ( maybe) KB. They also should look to improve the passing offense with trades this season. They have too many holes to fill with just the draft and a very expensive WR market in FA, where they will be competing with more attractive destinations for players. 

If you give the players the money they will come here.  What you do is overpay for a few guys on short deals 3 or 4 years so it corresponds with the end of Allen's rookie deal.  This is all assuming Allen pans out which is very much up in the air.

10 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

You don't trade just for this year.  You trade for this year and beyond.

Yeah but why take on a bad contract when that’s exactly why they are in the position they are in now? They would only do that if we were going somewhere. I believe he still has 2 years left on his deal. But it’s a lot of money where as they can get cheaper, younger, longer contracted players through the draft. I don’t seem them making this trade.

1 minute ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

If you give the players the money they will come here.  What you do is overpay for a few guys on short deals 3 or 4 years so it corresponds with the end of Allen's rookie deal.  This is all assuming Allen pans out which is very much up in the air.

Other teams have cap space too. The Bills are basically at the bottom of the pecking order. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Brandon Marshall was traded for a fifth rounder at 31 and put up the best year of his career.

You can cherry pick that but I still don't think it's a wise way to build a team.

1 minute ago, Rebel101 said:

Yeah but why take on a bad contract when that’s exactly why they are in the position they are in now? They would only do that if we were going somewhere. I believe he still has 2 years left on his deal. But it’s a lot of money where as they can get cheaper, younger, longer contracted players through the draft. I don’t seem them making this trade.

Because you trade for him, restructure and now you have a #1/#2 WR under contact for 2-3 years for your young QB to throw to.

Just now, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

You can cherry pick that but I still don't think it's a wise way to build a team.

I'd rather trade a fifth for a WR who has proven something in this league than a seventh for a WR who is a 1st round bust.

Those late round picks are borderline meaningless.  It's a calculated risk. 

We simply HAVE to get WR talent around Allen.  It's priority #1.  Look at what Goff and Wentz got.  Mahomes.  Watson.  The blueprint is out, draft a QB and give him help.

We can draft a guy high AND trade for a DT or Cooper.  But trotting Allen out there next year with Zay, Holmes and a third unknown quantity is unacceptable.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Do you know how old he is? And I just don’t see McBeane trading for anyone this year. We aren’t competitive. I think we hold onto our picks and hopefully use them wisely

...nor do I see McBeane paying him $14+ mil next year........

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

DT and Amari Cooper available via trade. Terrelle Pryor and Kamar Aiken both recently released. Dez Bryant and Jeremy Maclin on the Free Agent market.

But we'll sit on our hands because WR is not important to McBeane.

Maybe they've contacted the free agents, I mean if your a wr and you get a call saying this is the buffalo bills, the next sound is...click

Edited by Tazor Face
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Tazor Face said:

Maybe they've contacted the free agents, I mean if your a wr and you get a call saying this is the buffalo bills, the next sound is...click

This is a very fair point.

I just worry that this is how they like their WR core. No big names and no ego. Just guys who are "work hard" overachiever types. Look at what Cam has had at WR in Carolina since he came into the league.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
51 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Because you trade for him, restructure and now you have a #1/#2 WR under contact for 2-3 years for your young QB to throw to.

I'd rather trade a fifth for a WR who has proven something in this league than a seventh for a WR who is a 1st round bust.

Those late round picks are borderline meaningless.  It's a calculated risk. 

We simply HAVE to get WR talent around Allen.  It's priority #1.  Look at what Goff and Wentz got.  Mahomes.  Watson.  The blueprint is out, draft a QB and give him help.

We can draft a guy high AND trade for a DT or Cooper.  But trotting Allen out there next year with Zay, Holmes and a third unknown quantity is unacceptable.

They are not borderline meaningless, just look at Matt Milano or Karlos Williams.  How about Antonio Brown who was a 6th rounder.  Brandon Marshall had one great season with the Jets and that was it.  He was pretty much done after that.  Also, Amari Cooper is one thing but Thomas is another so please don't throw Cooper in here now like I was advocating against something like that.  I would be very interested in trading for Cooper if the Bills could get it done.  When you talk about Thomas I would rather just wait until the off-season and see what may be available.  Allen may not even play again this season and this team is not sniffing the playoffs, so count me out on the desperate moves for 31 year old receivers who are on the decline.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Just now, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

They are not borderline meaningless, just look at Matt Milano or Karlos Williams.  How about Antonio Brown who was a 6th rounder.  Brandon Marshall had one great season with the Jets and that was it.  He is pretty much done after that.  Also, Amari Cooper is one thing but Thomas is another so please don't throw Cooper in here now like I was advocating against something like that.  I would be very interested in trading for Cooper if the Bills could get it done.  When you talk about Thomas I would rather just wait until the off-season and see what may be available.  Allen may not even play again this season and this team is not sniffing the playoffs, so count me out on the desperate moves for 31 year old receivers who are on the decline.

Karlos Williams is out of the league dude.

Unreal that you bring up Antonio Brown after saying Brandon Marshall is cherry picking.  Let's just draft Tom Brady in the sixth too, I agree that's the best way to build a team.  Grab AB, Richard Sherman, Brady all in the fifth and sixth round.  Excellent plan.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

DT and Amari Cooper available via trade. Terrelle Pryor and Kamar Aiken both recently released. Dez Bryant and Jeremy Maclin on the Free Agent market.

Why does Dez and Maclin's name keep coming up. Maclin has already turned us down and Dez is only interested in a Super Bowl contender. Stop with these names, every time WR is mentioned

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
12 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Karlos Williams is out of the league dude.

Unreal that you bring up Antonio Brown after saying Brandon Marshall is cherry picking.  Let's just draft Tom Brady in the sixth too, I agree that's the best way to build a team.  Grab AB, Richard Sherman, Brady all in the fifth and sixth round.  Excellent plan.

There are plenty of examples of late round picks that have become really good players.  The more you have, the more likely you are to find a good player.  Your stance that they are borderline meaningless is plain foolish.

Also you are just throwing a bunch of stuff out there that I never said and trying to apply it to me because your argument is stupid.  I am totally fine with trading for receivers that fit in to the plan timeline wise.  You brought up the Rams and Chiefs as examples on how to build a team which I agree is the right way to go.  They all went after receivers who are in their primes.  I am totally cool with that.  What I don't want is to trade picks for guys that are on the decline and will be done in a year or two.  You are making up things that I never said or alluded to and trying to use them to defend your argument.  You look like a clown.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Let's take "Sh*t You're Clueless About" for 2000, Alex.

Pryor has a reputation of being soft and difficult to work with. He hasn't done much of anything over the last few seasons. 

Kamar who?

They made an offer to Maclin last season, he declined. He's sitting on his couch because he's not worth what he's asking for. Same for Dez Bryant. 

Cooper would be nice but the Raiders are currently asking for a 1st. Not gonna happen. 

Thomas has been in decline for a while now and has a heavy contract. 

23 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

There are plenty of examples of late round picks that have become really good players.  The more you have, the more likely you are to find a good player.  Your stance that they are borderline meaningless is plain foolish.

Also you are just throwing a bunch of stuff out there that I never said and trying to apply it to me because your argument is stupid.  I am totally fine with trading for receivers that fit in to the plan timeline wise.  You brought up the Rams and Chiefs as examples on how to build a team which I agree is the right way to go.  They all went after receivers who are in their primes.  I am totally cool with that.  What I don't want is to trade picks for guys that are on the decline and will be done in a year or two.  You are making up things that I never said or alluded to and trying to use them to defend your argument.  You look like a clown.

The Bills would have been better off trading the picks used on Ray Ray and Proehl for DT. The Bills have not drafted a Pro Bowler after round 4 since 2005.

These are undebateable facts.