Denver listening to trade offers for Demaryious Thomas

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Cooper but would just be a 1 year rental until his contract expires after 2019, then he is gone.  Just as LA was crazy to trade for Watkins, who stayed for just the last year of his rookie deal.   Go draft some top guys or get guys in FA who actually can be signed to longer term deals who actually want to be here.   I want guys who will stay long enough to see this thing play out.

Sorry, WR problem not getting solved for this season.    Trust the Process.

They wouldn’t trade for him unless a deal is in place for an extension. They would need to “overpay,” but they may decide it’s worth it in order to obtain an experienced talented WR. 

35 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Let's not jump the gun. Be patient and keep the picks and start planning to smartly use the bulk cap space on next year's roster. I'm not against getting a player such as Thomas but you won't get much utility out of him this year because our qb situation is still very unsettled with a struggling rookie and a very pedestrian backup qb. The Bills have a road map and they don't need to deviate from it. 

Not jumping anything to obtain talent sufficient to immediately get separation, make contested catches and overall inject a boost of trust/confidence to whom ever is slinging the rock back there. Because how much of the struggling or pedestrian nature is due to the QB or to who is being thrown to we can’t possib know without decent talent at the WR spots. That said, I do agree that we don’t need to mortgage the future for one 31 yr old 

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Not jumping anything to obtain talent sufficient to immediately get separation, make contested catches and overall inject a boost of trust/confidence to whom ever is slinging the rock back there. Because how much of the struggling or pedestrian nature is due to the QB or to who is being thrown to we can’t possib know without decent talent at the WR spots. That said, I do agree that we don’t need to mortgage the future for one 31 yr old 

I don’t think they would be mortgaging the future by taking a 3rd and using it to get a #1 WR. He’s probably got 3 years left. If it’s more than that, I wouldn’t do it. But Denver might have very few suitors with that contract.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Cooper but would just be a 1 year rental until his contract expires after 2019, then he is gone.  Just as LA was crazy to trade for Watkins, who stayed for just the last year of his rookie deal.   Go draft some top guys or get guys in FA who actually can be signed to longer term deals who actually want to be here.   I want guys who will stay long enough to see this thing play out.

It really would be a move to solve it for next season. The Bills won’t be able to fix everything in just the offseason. FAs will be hard to come by, and they’ve shown little to no ability to draft offensive players. A trade for an established veteran would be a smart cost controlled move. 

Well we need to do something. Beane isn't completely against making a trade this year, he was in on Khalil Mack before the price got out of control. One of Thomas, Cooper, or Pryor should be a Bill by the time Allen comes back. What have we got to lose?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Well we need to do something. Beane isn't completely against making a trade this year, he was in on Khalil Mack before the price got out of control. One of Thomas, Cooper, or Pryor should be a Bill by the time Allen comes back. What have we got to lose?

They need to trade for one, sign one in FA (a guy like Tyler Boyd) and draft one in the 2nd or 3rd. Keep Zay. That’s it. Imo.

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Carr, Cooper, Thomas.  Instant offense. 

Let peterman, Benjamin, Anderson go.

with this defense we have a chance.  Allen can sit behind Carr ala Rodgers and Farve for a few years.

This really wouldn't be a bad plan, as crazy as it sounds at least we would be trying to get the offense settled once and for all. I would go for Carr and one of Thomas or Cooper if they are all actually available.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Not necessarily as you get Cooper on rookie deal for 1.5 years, and if the manage the cap well, they will have space if Cooper is good.  He’s fast decent size and seems to be over the dropsies just as Jones has for us.  We can still draft a WR. In second round, and now have a better team.

Maybe Dallas is desperate enough to give us something for Benjamin.

24 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Not necessarily as you get Cooper on rookie deal for 1.5 years, and if the manage the cap well, they will have space if Cooper is good.  He’s fast decent size and seems to be over the dropsies just as Jones has for us.  We can still draft a WR. In second round, and now have a better team.

Maybe Dallas is desperate enough to give us something for Benjamin.

The issue is the following:   Does he want to be in WNY?  Does his agent want him there?   Is he a family guy or rock star single rich NFL guy?  These are massive questions.    $$ being equal, FAs historically don't want to be in this place or this organization.   The list is a long one.    Fine, go after him, but only if you can sign him to at least another year.   Trading a precious 2 next year for a guy with a big cap hit in his 5th/option year,  if he's likely to walk after next year is just foolish for a rebuilding team.   This team needs all its picks, as draft picks are stuck in WNY for at least 4 - 5 years. 

Edited by ProcessTruster

I would pass on DT, he has a 17.5 million dollar cap hit for 2019. Unless you can restructure DT's deals to make it more palatable then I would outright pass. Amari Cooper I would consider for a 4th round pick and not much else. Initially I thought Cooper would need more to get it done but that was before Gruden put him out on the market which intimidately drops his value. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think this was assumed with his contract but another opportunity for the Bills to obtain a good vet WR

Do you know how old he is? And I just don’t see McBeane trading for anyone this year. We aren’t competitive. I think we hold onto our picks and hopefully use them wisely

Edited by Rebel101

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Looking at the AFC, this team has no chance of making the playoffs.  Even with the defense we will have a top ten pick.  The best thing to do now is to hold onto your picks and see if you can get anything for KB and McCoy. 

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Another guy that makes a ton of sense even for the future. 

What is this fan base smoking lol? Thomas is in the twilight of his career. Nobody is going to pick up his $17.M cap hit next year. Any trade is for 9 games. The future???

1 minute ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Looking at the AFC, this team has no chance of making the playoffs.  Even with the defense we will have a top ten pick.  The best thing to do now is to hold onto your picks and see if you can get anything for KB and McCoy. 

Any trade they make would be for beyond this year. If the player is going to be a FA they would work out an extension agreement before the trade. They aren’t giving up a pick for 2 months of a player, obviously. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

They should look to shed players they can recoup some value for like Shady and ( maybe) KB. They also should look to improve the passing offense with trades this season. They have too many holes to fill with just the draft and a very expensive WR market in FA, where they will be competing with more attractive destinations for players.