Denver listening to trade offers for Demaryious Thomas

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

They were talking about it this morning on WGR and I think it Jeremy who mentioned he’d rather trade for Amari Cooper since Gruden is selling.  He has a lot of years ahead of him and may cost more in draft capital but far cheaper than a 31 yr old Thomas who has a high price tag for half a year.

Cooper is something I would like to have happen too... but either one would be a huge upgrade at a position of need. They aren’t getting a good WR to sign here in FA and they need to add a vet somehow. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

They have a chance with DT but can’t imagine the Fish trade Parker in the division. 

Let's not jump the gun. Be patient and keep the picks and start planning to smartly use the bulk cap space on next year's roster. I'm not against getting a player such as Thomas but you won't get much utility out of him this year because our qb situation is still very unsettled with a struggling rookie and a very pedestrian backup qb. The Bills have a road map and they don't need to deviate from it. 

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Let's not jump the gun. Be patient and keep the picks and start planning to smartly use the bulk cap space on next year's roster. I'm not against getting a player such as Thomas but you won't get much utility out of him this year because our qb situation is still very unsettled with a struggling rookie and a very pedestrian backup qb. The Bills have a road map and they don't need to deviate from it. 

Anyone they trade for will need to be for this year and at least one future year. I get what you are saying but they aren’t going to get a decent vet WR to sign here in FA. And adding a rookie is great - they will need to do that too - but I really think they need to add a vet for Allen. KB will be gone. Trade is the only way to obtain a good vet WR. They will need do massively overpay in FA even to get a #2/3 WR like Boyd or Tyrell Williams 

13 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You won’t get any of these WR’s at the value they are at right now on teams that are sellers at the deadline.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone they trade for will need to be for this year and at least one future year. I get what you are saying but they aren’t going to get a decent vet WR to sign here in FA. And adding a rookie is great - they will need to do that too - but I really think they need to add a vet for Allen. KB will be gone. Trade is the only way to obtain a good vet WR. They will need do massively overpay in FA even to get a #2/3 WR like Boyd or Tyrell Williams 

Excellent point. While the salary and cap hit may seem high, one need only to look at the contracts WRs were getting in FA this year. The Bills would be looking at that and then some, as they will hardly be a choice destination for vet WRs. The draft is hit or miss to put it mildly. A trade of this sort would actually be an affordable option. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Cooper is something I would like to have happen too... but either one would be a huge upgrade at a position of need. They aren’t getting a good WR to sign here in FA and they need to add a vet somehow. 

Cooper but would just be a 1 year rental until his contract expires after 2019, then he is gone.  Just as LA was crazy to trade for Watkins, who stayed for just the last year of his rookie deal.   Go draft some top guys or get guys in FA who actually can be signed to longer term deals who actually want to be here.   I want guys who will stay long enough to see this thing play out.

Sorry, WR problem not getting solved for this season.    Trust the Process.

Edited by ProcessTruster
more info

Just now, ProcessTruster said:

but would just be  a rental until his contract expires, then he is gone.  Just as LA was crazy to trade for Watkins, who stayed for just the last year of his rookiedeal.   Go draft some top guys or get guys in FA who actually can be signed to longer term deals who actually want to be here.  

Sorry, WR problem not getting solved for this season.    Trust the Process.

Yeah like trading a third for Benjamin mid season. Very anti-Process.

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yeah like trading a third for Benjamin mid season. Very anti-Process.

yeah, they learned their lesson there for sure.   I do not expect them to extend him past this season, nor do not expect a repeat performance.

Edited by ProcessTruster