Proud Boys: Patriots or Fascists?

The_Dude

So, I’m sure you’ve all seen the Proud Boys movement out there. Personally, I find their name stupid, and I’ve never felt the need for a social club, but I like these guys. They don’t seem racist to me. They surely don’t seem fascist if they claim to promote western culture which is undeniably the home of democracy and republics. And I like that they beat the tar out of ANTIFA — it’s always good for a laugh. 

But are they a good thing? I mean I like them, but to promote them is kinda like promting political violence and that’s a slippery slope. 

If they wanted respect, they should have picked a respectable name.

When I think of "PROUD BOYS," I think of something entirely different than some conservative rabble rousers.

They should most certainly consider changing that name. It's not a good look.

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

When I think of "PROUD BOYS," I think of something entirely different than some conservative rabble rousers.

Too bad Antifa's already taken

On 10/21/2018 at 12:38 PM, LSHMEAB said:

I agree. I think their “name” is beyond juvenile. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, B-Man said:

Patriots or Fascists ?

The correct answer (of course) is neither.

From how they represent themselves I’m not sure I agree. I think they’re patriotic. I don’t think they’re racists. I see them labeled as racists all the time — but anybody who doesn’t admit guilt and shame on behalf of western civilization is labeled a racist these days. 

27 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Here's the propaganda:

And here's the reality:

I appreciate what they do. They seem to be a result of the hyper- PC/Anti-American ***** a lot of the media seem to propagate. They also seem to fly in the face of, and condemn, the positive injury.

Basically, they are on my side (the correct side) of a debate which should not exist. 

Lastly, they brawl with antifa, which make me love both groups, as they provide me with much needed quality TV.

Edited by Paulus

What difference at this point does it make?

It's just the latest incarnation of the street brawls between the anarchists and brownshirts.    Neither have a place in a civilized society.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I appreciate what they do. They seem to be a result of the hyper- PC/Anti-American ***** a lot of the media seem to propagate. They also seem to fly in the face of, and condemn, the positive injury.

Basically, they are on my side (the correct side) of a debate which should not exist. 

Lastly, the brawl with antifa, which make me love both groups, as they provide me with much needed quality TV.

I like the brawls too. The subversive fascist, Don Lemon, and the lispy kunt he had on, talk of their propensity for violence as they themselves support antifa, who Lemon refers to as "anti-fascist". The reality is that Proud Boys don't go to antifa events looking for a fight. They stomp the antifa who come to their events looking for a fight.

17 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I like the brawls too. The subversive fascist, Don Lemon, and the lispy kunt he had on, talk of their propensity for violence as they themselves support antifa, who Lemon refers to as "anti-fascist". The reality is that Proud Boys don't go to antifa events looking for a fight. They stomp the antifa who come to their events looking for a fight.

Yeah, the truth is CNN relly propagates a *****ton of lies. They do business in disinformation. 

32 minutes ago, GG said:

What difference at this point does it make?

It's just the latest incarnation of the street brawls between the anarchists and brownshirts.    Neither have a place in a civilized society.

That...is where you're wrong. 

You might not want them to have a place in society, but political violence goes back to Greece, Rome, and wherever. Its part and parcel. I mean I kinda agree with you, but historically this is to be expected. 

...and if we're gonna have violent leftists I say I should hurt them.

I wish theyd be dumb enough to try that ***** down here in Dixie. 

Edited by The_Dude