2nd half thread: Bills at Colts 1 pm on CBS

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

We don't agree 

You claimed that if Allen isn't the guy then the is regime set the team back due to how much they gave up; it's not true

There's no such thing as a guarantee when picking QBs, so you need to be prepared to accept that you may not get it right.

If you want to call that "setting the team back", go for it. 

I call it taking your shot, because getting the QB decision right is literally the only way to put together a perennial contender. You can only get closer by getting it right at QB; you don't get further away by getting it wrong

You may want to read your own posts.

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Um, thanks?

The point here is really simple: you don't get further away by being wrong.

It is pretty simple.  When you waste assets - especially how many we may have wasted - the franchise is set back trying to recover from those moves.  

I hope he turns into the franchise QB we want him to be, but McBeane's betting the house on him does not look any better now than it did back then.

I will let you get the last word on this.

10 hours ago, Peter said:

It is pretty simple.  When you waste assets - especially how many we may have wasted - the franchise is set back trying to recover from those moves.  

I hope he turns into the franchise QB we want him to be, but McBeane's betting the house on him does not look any better now than it did back then.

I will let you get the last word on this.

I fail to see how there's a last-word component here.

What you've said simply isn't true.  You don't get further away by giving up assets, since the team isn't going anywhere without a QB.  A team without a franchise QB isn't in the conversation regardless.  A team with a franchise QB will always be in the conversation.

It's not a letter-grade situation; it's pass/fail.

14 hours ago, BB@Shooter said:

If, if if.

Hindsight always turns out pretty good don't you think? And what about all those other teams that didn't snap up Mahomes? Are they ranting like you goofs? It is what it is. Every team and every fan can play the what if card. Doesn't change a dang thing. Get over it. What if another team took Jim Kelly and you got one of the dud qbs? It doesn't work to play the what if card. Nothing changes.

These boards are full of hindsight warriors however not selecting Mahomes is more relevant to Buffalo than the other teams since they traded the pick to the Chiefs for the sole purpose of collecting draft capital to get a QB in the future.