Complimentary Football vs. Derogatory Football

On 10/21/2018 at 6:45 AM, BringBackFergy said:

McDermott always preaches how we need to play “complimentary football” and I agree...whether you are training your dog, teaching your kid how to catch a baseball, eating your wife’s “new recipe” dinner or building a football team, it’s 100 times better to compliment others than to yell at them or criticize them. 

Did you ever see McDermott on the sideline during a game or even at training camp? He’s always complimenting the players, clapping at them, saying “nice job” or “well done Nate/Josh/etc”. 

The old expression “You can catch a mouse with honey and not vinegar” rings true. If coaches compliment players, then players will compliment each other...it’s creates a positive environment. There’s no place for derogatory remarks in the NFL. Those coaches who are hard-***** rarely do well. 

Complimentary football all is superior to derogatory/critical football. Just my opinion. 

Just wow... you are a sensitive ass.... 

How does belichick fit into this? I remember Brady being praised last year for playing with an injury and his response was "it's not open heart surgery"

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

But you have to admit, complimentary football helps a player feel better about themselves which, in the long run, helps the team. There should be more compliments on the football field. 

No. It depends on the player, some need to be coddled, others respond to criticism well.

Phil Jackson always got under guys skin and it worked.

I'd rather not have soft ass players with a mindset like yours.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

26 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Just wow... you are a sensitive ass.... 

How does belichick fit into this? I remember Brady being praised last year for playing with an injury and his response was "it's not open heart surgery"

No. It depends on the player, some need to be coddled, others respond to criticism well.

Phil Jackson always got under guys skin and it worked.

I'd rather not have soft ass players with a mindset like yours.

Your post is a case and point. Had you complimented me, I would reciperocate and compliment you. Then, with enough complimentary posting, we would have a better performing board. Same with complimentary football, our team will perform better as they maintain a more positive working environment. Now...whose the ass?

4 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Your post is a case and point. Had you complimented me, I would reciperocate and compliment you. Then, with enough complimentary posting, we would have a better performing board. Same with complimentary football, our team will perform better as they maintain a more positive working environment. Now...whose the ass?

First, it's "Now... who is the ass?", not "whose the ass". This isn't the 18th century brah, you're not looking around trying to figure out whose ass you are taking as property.

And no, I totally disagree with you. I don't care about compliments on a message board. This team isn't complimenting itself to competence. That's soft.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

13 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

First, it's "Now... who is the ass?", not "whose the ass". This isn't the 18th century brah, you're not looking around trying to figure out whose ass you are taking as property.

And no, I totally disagree with you. I don't care about compliments on a message board. This team isn't complimenting itself to competence. That's soft.

I see you edited your fine post but neglected to correct the spelling of “bra”. What the he’ll does a “bra” have to do with complimentary football or complimentary posting. A bra is a supportive device that holds mammalian glands for comfort. Your post is anything but comforting. Check your spelling. But, as a compliment, thanks for posting your opinion. Keep up the great work. 

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I see you edited your fine post but neglected to correct the spelling of “bra”. What the he’ll does a “bra” have to do with complimentary football or complimentary posting. A bra is a supportive device that holds mammalian glands for comfort. Your post is anything but comforting. Check your spelling. But, as a compliment, thanks for posting your opinion. Keep up the great work. 

There is no good way to spell brah, it was done as a joke. But please clueless, continue 

On 10/21/2018 at 6:45 AM, BringBackFergy said:

McDermott always preaches how we need to play “complimentary football” and I agree...whether you are training your dog, teaching your kid how to catch a baseball, eating your wife’s “new recipe” dinner or building a football team, it’s 100 times better to compliment others than to yell at them or criticize them. 

Did you ever see McDermott on the sideline during a game or even at training camp? He’s always complimenting the players, clapping at them, saying “nice job” or “well done Nate/Josh/etc”. 

The old expression “You can catch a mouse with honey and not vinegar” rings true. If coaches compliment players, then players will compliment each other...it’s creates a positive environment. There’s no place for derogatory remarks in the NFL. Those coaches who are hard-***** rarely do well. 

Complimentary football all is superior to derogatory/critical football. Just my opinion. 

no one says catch a mouse  with honey, it's flies.

On 10/23/2018 at 6:49 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

Belichick or Saban might disagree 

That's because they stay at the five star hotels.  No complementary continental breakfast for them!  Guy in a white coat shows up with breakfast on the cart, with eggs done as Saban or Belichick likes them.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/23/2018 at 5:33 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

So....... 

Am I complementary or derogatory?

Asking for a friend 

That second thing & you have no friends.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

no one says catch a mouse  with honey, it's flies.

People say that you can catch a mouse with flies? That's crazy talk, bro.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

How does Roger Staubach complement you?

Duane Thomas: when I run for a lot of yards he says “good going”

I really think no player be allowed on an NFL field without a four year post secondary degree in English.  Then again, we might end up with a league consisting of well spoken NPetermans.

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Wow, you're an old dirty bastard, aren't you?  You should consider an infusion of empathy and a personality transplant.

Complimentary football is a made up word with no meaning. 

If the offense scored a TD on 1/2 of its drives in less than 2 minutes it wouldn't help the defense. But you'd take it because you be scoring 30-40 per game.

Its assumed that you want to punt well, kick field goals, keep drives moving, stay in 3rd and short. All of that is so obvious it doesn't need a name to make it a valuable, tangible strategy. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

If the offense scored a TD on 1/2 of its drives in less than 2 minutes it wouldn't help the defense. But you'd take it because you be scoring 30-40 per game.

Its assumed that you want to punt well, kick field goals, keep drives moving, stay in 3rd and short. All of that is so obvious it doesn't need a name to make it a valuable, tangible strategy. 

Your user name makes me wonder if you are trolling us here?

14 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Your user name makes me wonder if you are trolling us here?

Again, if people don’t understand how complimentary football equates to success on the field, then they’ll have a hard time demonstrating success on this board. 

McDermott understands complimenting players breeds success. 

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:57 PM, BringBackFergy said:

They’re not very complimentary of their players. 

True but there really are exceptions wrt Saban. He compliments some of his players at post game conferences, but you are right; he doesn't get carried away.

He did however shock me recently when he likened Tua to Drew Brees. He must really believe him to be great because I have never heard him talk like that about a player.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Pretty sure complimentary football is just as the name implies...compliment the players on their work and it will pay dividends in 5-7 years. Not too difficult to comprehend. 

4 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Pretty sure complimentary football is just as the name implies...compliment the players on their work and it will pay dividends in 5-7 years. Not too difficult to comprehend. 

That’s not at all what it means.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/whodatdish.com/2017/10/03/saints-exactly-complmentary-football/amp/

By the way I typed complimentary football into Google and this was the first link that popped up.  

Its not verbally complimenting each other. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well that’s funny...read the author’s recap at the start and he says “complimentary” then later in the article he coins it as “complementary”. Your source doesn’t know his ass from his elbow. Know McDermott as I have seen him, he compliments his players. That’s how our team is being groomed. To compliment each other and our opponents. Nice try. 

7 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Well that’s funny...read the author’s recap at the start and he says “complimentary” then later in the article he coins it as “complementary”. Your source doesn’t know his ass from his elbow. Know McDermott as I have seen him, he compliments his players. That’s how our team is being groomed. To compliment each other and our opponents. Nice try. 

Ok bud. 

You’re right, complimenting players is what it means. 

It’s an offense that drives the field using time on the clock. When they get stopped Special Teams pins the opposition deep. Then the defense gets a 3 and out. Special Teams catches the punt and gives the offense good field position to work with. That’s what it is. 

Not clapping and complimenting hard work.

When will Bills fans realize that “working hard” does not meaningfully differentiate the Bills from the rest of the league. 

What are the Bills going to out smile and out clap Pete Carrol? Give me a break. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1