Does anybody care about Alabama games?

/dev/null

Does anybody care about Alabama games?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Does anybody care about Alabama games?

• Yes - And I'm an Alabama fan
    • No - And I'm an Alabama fan
    • Yes - And I'm not an Alabama fan
    • No - And I'm not an Alabama fan

Does anybody care about Alabama games anymore?  The only real drama any more is whether they'll cover the spread.

I'd assume the Alabama faithful still care.  At least kinda, but they're gonna get bored with this eventually too. 

I'd rather watch a Thursday night MAC game on ESPN2 than this weeks sacrifice to the all powerful Saban

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Does anybody care about Alabama games anymore?  The only real drama any more is whether they'll cover the spread.

I'd assume the Alabama faithful still care.  At least kinda, but they're gonna get bored with this eventually too

I'd rather watch a Thursday night MAC game on ESPN2 than this weeks sacrifice to the all powerful Saban

Seriously doubt that.

Ever year is different. Watching Tua play QB this year is right up there with watching the Bama D in 2011.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, joesixpack said:

No. Not unless you’re one of the little sisters of the poor that comprises the rest of the SEC.

Your whining, and pouting jealousy is reminiscent of a spoiled 5 year old.

The SEC is probably still the best conference. These teams look bad because they are playing Alabama. Average SEC teams such as Auburn would run Purdue off the field.

Do you think that your beloved Penn State is in a class with Alabama?  That is laughable but maybe they would be if they brought back that winning combination of Paterno and his boy Sandusky. Maybe if Paterno was alive Sandusky would still be a coach emeritus and continue to have an office at the stadium.

That being the case, ya gotta love the progress PSU is making, no?

Edited by Bill from NYC

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Your whining, and pouting jealousy is reminiscent of a spoiled 5 year old.

The SEC is probably still the best conference. These teams look bad because they are playing Alabama. Average SEC teams such as Auburn would run Purdue off the field.

Do you think that your beloved Penn State is in a class with Alabama?  That is laughable but maybe they would be if they brought back that winning combination of Paterno and his boy Sandusky. Maybe if Paterno was alive Sandusky would still be a coach emeritus and continue to have an office at the stadium.

I would really like to see the Alabama offense go up against the Michigan defense...

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yes and no. Franklin is a decent recruiter, but a horrible game day coach.

And don’t even try to tell me the bottom 2/3 of the sec could compete in the big ten. Vandy? Tennessee? Mississippi state?

yeah no.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I'd assume the Alabama faithful still care.  At least kinda, but they're gonna get bored with this eventually too. 

Good news! UB plays Tuesday night (10/30) on ESPN2.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Yes and no. Franklin is a decent recruiter, but a horrible game day coach.

And don’t even try to tell me the bottom 2/3 of the sec could compete in the big ten. Vandy? Tennessee? Mississippi state?

yeah no.

Mississippi State is not a weak team. Fitzgerald is a very good college quarterback. I think that Miss. State could beat Purdue but that is jmo. Btw, this is NOT to say that they are better than Ohio State. OSU is stocked with talent and is a team I don't quite understand because I don't see enough of them.

Tennessee will probably be good in a year or 2. Jeremy Pruitt is a very good defensive coach but he inherited a mess. They have had some recruiting problems.

And btw Alabama can be beat. All they need are a few key injuries or even just a flat, bad game. What I will say about the Tide is that other teams gear up for big games. Saban has the team just play like they always do, or so it seems to me.

I tape their games every week but never watch bc it's a blowout. Probably watch their LSU game.

I usually just watch them (and most games) for NFL prospects.

7 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

I would really like to see the Alabama offense go up against the Michigan defense...

Let's hope in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

So would I.

But the last time Bama played Michigan, I kept hearing about how Bama was going to struggle handling Michigan's offense with their superstar Dennard Robinson.

Bama hung 31 points on them including a pick 6 on Dennard before Michigan even scored a point.

Game was essentially over by that time, and the game was still in the 2nd quarter.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cynical said:

So would I.

But the last time Bama played Michigan, I kept hearing about how Bama was going to struggle handling Michigan's offense with their superstar Dennard Robinson.

Bama hung 31 points on them including a pick 6 on Dennard before Michigan even scored a point.

Game was essentially over by that time, and the game was still in the 2nd quarter.

This version of the Michigan D is vastly different, fast and strong.  It would be strength on strength.  Maybe we'll see this match up...this year we actually have an offense to complement the D...but make no mistake the D is for real.

yes, Bama games against LSU and Auburn and probably Georgia in the SEC CG are 100% much watch TV!!!

17 hours ago, Cynical said:

So would I.

Dennard running for his life wasn't a strategy for real big-time college football

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Cynical said:

So would I.

That was 6 years ago, and I think things have changed a little.

• Like (+1) 1

I was just commenting the other day that the Big Ten is very competitive this year.  That's why teams like Illinois can beat Ohio State and Indiana can hang with Penn State.  I'm a Penn State alum (in addition to UB and CMU), and I'm impressed with Michigan this year in the Big Ten.  It's also terrific to see UB playing so well!

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/22/2018 at 11:51 AM, Mark Vader said:

That was 6 years ago, and I think things have changed a little.

I quite agree. It's vastly different. I think the only thing in common between then and now is Nick Saban.

And we know how much of difference maker he is.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.