Tua Tagoviola is a beast

buffaloboyinATL

On 10/22/2018 at 1:54 PM, Bill from NYC said:

I heard a stat that the team is averaging 38 points per game......in the 1st half!!!

Tua has 25 TDs and 0 ints and he has not played a down in the 4th quarter.

The team is averaging more than 9 yards per play.

Out of 480 minutes of football, the team has only been losing for 70 seconds.

It would seem that nobody could maintain stats like this but, like the Tide or hate them; something very special is happening down there.

Couple of other tidbits:

Baker Mayfield set an NCAA record last year for the highest QB rating.

Tua is 40 points higher after 8 weeks.

Tua's TD to Pass attempt ratio is approx 1 TD for every 6 pass attempts.

14 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

This is the polar opposite of what is going on with Tua. I am now convinced that you are not watching these games.

He may or may not be watching, but it's obvious he is just trolling at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/23/2018 at 11:27 PM, Cynical said:

He may or may not be watching, but it's obvious he is just trolling at this point.

At some points you're like this guy has some intelligence. Then he goes and blows it by saying something that not only shows his lack of objectivity but that maybe he drank too much before posting.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:03 AM, row_33 said:

What Bama QB has produced a decent career in the NFL from the Saban Era?

None, and you really are either not getting it or trolling. 

This young man has brought about a change in Crimson Tide football. They have an old school coach who believes in running the football and playing defense that forces opponents to 3rd and long. Coach Saban wants his opponents to make mistakes and tries to force them.

Now things are different. Tua has thrown touchdown passes on the first offensive play in 2 out of 8 games. Oh, and another one on the second play.

Coach Saban has won 6 national titles without a great quarterback. 6!!! Now he has a superstar qb!!!!!

Are you really trying to make some sort of a point? You should because you do seem to have a serious amount of knowledge about football. :)

I have the Canadian Football League in my life, some friends insist on going to an Argos game each year, and with some small patriotism in my soul I pretend to care about it.

Big time US college plays more CFL-style than NFL, their QBs can't cut it when they get to play with the big boys

Tua would do well, if he is lucky, playing for the Alouettes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 10:07 PM, Bill from NYC said:

None, and you really are either not getting it or trolling. 

This young man has brought about a change in Crimson Tide football. They have an old school coach who believes in running the football and playing defense that forces opponents to 3rd and long. Coach Saban wants his opponents to make mistakes and tries to force them.

Now things are different. Tua has thrown touchdown passes on the first offensive play in 2 out of 8 games. Oh, and another one on the second play.

Coach Saban has won 6 national titles without a great quarterback. 6!!! Now he has a superstar qb!!!!!

Are you really trying to make some sort of a point? You should because you do seem to have a serious amount of knowledge about football. :)

Now I 100% agree that he’s had no great pro QBs... but to say he has had no great college QBs during his run is crazy

McCarron ran his offense like a well oiled machine . Had like 67% accuracy and a season with 30 TDs and like 3 picks.. that’s pretty great for college

he may not have the pro potential of Tua but he could’ve started for 115+ D1 schools

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Now I 100% agree that he’s had no great pro QBs... but to say he has had no great college QBs during his run is crazy

McCarron ran his offense like a well oiled machine . Had like 67% accuracy and a season with 30 TDs and like 3 picks.. that’s pretty great for college

he may not have the pro potential of Tua but he could’ve started for 115+ D1 schools

This, exactly....

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

McCarron was very good and quite efficient. He played behind the best college OL I have ever seen and as I said, The Tide was primarily a running team during his tenure. As a rule, Alabama had 1 great receiver and other good ones. Now, they have 4 great wideouts (3 sophs and a true freshman), a fantastic receiving TE and a blocking TE (who also catches TD passes). Several of their running backs also can catch. The team is now built to utilize the passing game.

Anything can happen but at the rate he is going, Tua will be the best qb in an Alabama history which includes of course Bart Starr, Joe Namath, and Ken Stabler.

The kid is THAT good.

7 hours ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

This, exactly....

Great avitar!!!

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.