Jets release Terrelle Pryor; reports he is healthy

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

He was so not liked on the Redskins.  In general he’s not a team guy and really soft. 

He’s a “different” guy for sure... I wouldn’t mind picking him up to play in the Andre Holmes role ( on offense not ST) and get his Jets intel. But won’t care if we don’t. I’m not sure if he has other options he would choose Buffalo. I could see him going back to Cleveland now that sashi is gone. They really need WR.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Guest Mike147
20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why are they releasing him if he’s only going to be out 2 weeks and they want him back?

This might be because their receiving core has been hit by injuries: Quincy Enunwa has an injury (ankle), Terrelle Pryror has this groin issue, Robby Anderson has been banged up this season but returned to practise, Charone Peake is back but he has been out with a hamstring injury, and Jermaine Kearse only returned recently from injury. So perhaps the reason for releasing Pryror is to free up a roster space for a healthy wide receiver? Or it could be contract related where they can save cap space by releasing him then signing him to a minimum contract (this could be paired with them signing a free agent receiver)?

Should we go after him? I wouldn't be against it. He isn't an amazing route runner or likely to become a top tier receiver, but he does have the size and athleticism to make plays. He showed that with the Browns the other year with their lackluster quarterback situation. Give him a minimum contract and let him go out there and prove he is worth a bigger pay day. It would be pretty difficult for him to do worse than our existing group of receivers... 

Worth a flier.  I could make a snarky comment about the quality of our WR corps right now, but what’s the point?  We all know the mess we’re in.  He might beat out Croom for emergency QB duty too.

Get on it Beane!

• Like (+1) 1