Overpaid Bills for 2018

PUNT750

I don’t get clay. 

His contract is quite large, but for whatever reason he is never targeted. He can be a weapon, it’s not like he’s never open. His entire time here he’s barely ever used. Maybe he sucks and I’m missing it, just never understood why he wasn’t gameplanned into our offense especially this year 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep!! On top of it, that’s his primary job!! It’s not like he’s a blocking back that they throw to once and a while. He’s an atrocious football player.

If Beane is worth his salt, KB will be gone in the next few weeks. Btw, the pick 6 was obviously the fault of NP, but did anyone notice the atrocious, lazy route run by KB. He is not a QB's friend.

1 hour ago, billykay said:

If Beane is worth his salt, KB will be gone in the next few weeks. Btw, the pick 6 was obviously the fault of NP, but did anyone notice the atrocious, lazy route run by KB. He is not a QB's friend.

I also noticed that KB didn’t even try to run down the CB after the pick. If I’m the Coach he sits down for a week or two and thinks about whether he wants to compete. (I said the same about Mario in his past few games...but Rex kept playing him!)

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I also noticed that KB didn’t even try to run down the CB after the pick. If I’m the Coach he sits down for a week or two and thinks about whether he wants to compete. (I said the same about Mario in his past few games...but Rex kept playing him!)

You’d rather him sit than win??

you're one of those “process” type guys aren’t you?

3 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t get clay. 

His contract is quite large, but for whatever reason he is never targeted. He can be a weapon, it’s not like he’s never open. His entire time here he’s barely ever used. Maybe he sucks and I’m missing it, just never understood why he wasn’t gameplanned into our offense especially this year 

When we snookered him away from Mia, I was pretty excited about all the tackles he broke after making catches. He seemed like a super TE. 

I haven’t seen him break a tackle in 2 years.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

When we snookered him away from Mia, I was pretty excited about all the tackles he broke after making catches. He seemed like a super TE. 

I agree. 

To be fair though he only has like 25 targets in those two years ?? And 8 of those might of been against Miami which is generally the only games I notice him out there 

• Like (+1) 1

Benjamin

Bojorquez - Dropped snap,  botched field goal that should have been a pick 6, 2 long returns, and then blocked punt.  The guy averages 1 disasterous play per game.  It doesnt matter if he is paid the minimum, he’s a huge negative at a position that just needs to be neutral.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

He looked best in a few games back in 2015. Pretty major disappointment since then. 

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

No kidding. Always thought he was one of the best at breaking tackles and YAC as well. Until he got here.

8 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t get clay. 

I don’t get what’s up with Clay either. Maybe we will see tomorrow, Anderson should be able to get him the ball if he’s open. It could be very telling of Allen if Clay does get going. Benjamin too although I have had the feeling he has been playing hurt!

21 hours ago, QCity said:

I remember when we signed him Overdorf and Whaley were lauded for the brilliancy of that contract, because they structured it in such a way that Miami couldn't match it under their salary cap constraints.   :wallbash:  Hey, they were right, Miami didn't match it....

Russ Brandon was in that too.

On 10/20/2018 at 12:26 AM, folz said:

I'm just going off of what Lorenzo Alexander said on OneBillsLive today, but when talking about the special teams issues the last couple of weeks he said something to the effect of, "We get Julian Stanford back this week, he's one of our big special teams players, so that will help a lot." I hadn't really noticed him on special teams or realized that he was injured, but Zo thinks he's an important player.

Overpaid for current production:

Clay

DiMarco

Benjamin

I agree, these 3 are the biggest money vampires. 

19 hours ago, matter2003 said:

The problem with Clay is they don't use him properly.  He CAN be a matchup nightmare, but how can that happen when you don't get him the ball?

Miami knew how to use him as an H Back. He doesn't have the size or speed to be a dominant traditional TE, but before his knees went to ***** he did have a lot of wiggle in the open field.

11 hours ago, Reks Ryan said:

Benjamin

Bojorquez - Dropped snap,  botched field goal that should have been a pick 6, 2 long returns, and then blocked punt.  The guy averages 1 disasterous play per game.  It doesnt matter if he is paid the minimum, he’s a huge negative at a position that just needs to be neutral.

Dropped snap: Pouring rain

Botched FG: Missed communication, it happens, especially with rookies.

Long returns: Product of short kicks or poor coverage? Can't really blame the kicker when the guys in front of him don't tackle.

The kid is a rookie who has a booming leg and consistently pins opponents deep. He's the least of this teams concerns. IMO

• Like (+1) 1