Overpaid Bills for 2018

PUNT750

These are my picks for overpay vs. performance:

-Julian Stanford, LB @$1.5 mil with a $1.65 dead cap hit. The Bills are his 4th team in a 6 year NFL career. He has a total of 49 tackles in those 6 years. WHO IS HE??

-Patrick DiMarco, FB @ $2,050,00 with a $3 mil dead cap hit. In his 7 year NFL career he has rushed for -2 (minus 2) yards in 3 carries. He has 45 receptions for an average of 6.4 / year. That much for a blocking back?

Are there more on your list???

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

-Julian Stanford, LB @$1.5 mil with a $1.65 dead cap hit. The Bills are his 4th team in a 6 year NFL career. He has a total of 49 tackles in those 6 years. WHO IS HE??

-Patrick DiMarco, FB @ $2,050,00 with a $3 mil dead cap hit. In his 7 year NFL career he has rushed for -2 (minus 2) yards in 3 carries. He has 45 receptions for an average of 6.4 / year. That much for a blocking back?

Stanford and DiMarcos value was supposed to be tied to their ST value. Given our ST is awful, it makes it even worse.

Clay is probably the worst contract in Bills history. Not because he's been the worst player we ever signed to a big money deal, but because it's been impossible for us to get out from under it. The way it was structured made him more expensive to release than to keep. It doesn't help that for whatever reason, most of the TEs in the league are sucking real bad this year.

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Stanford and DiMarcos value was supposed to be tied to their ST value. Given our ST is awful, it makes it even worse.

Clay is probably the worst contract in Bills history. Not because he's been the worst player we ever signed to a big money deal, but because it's been impossible for us to get out from under it. The way it was structured made him more expensive to release than to keep. It doesn't help that for whatever reason, most of the TEs in the league are sucking real bad this year.

TE is a wasteland in fantasy football. You're right.

12 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Clay is probably the worst contract in Bills history. Not because he's been the worst player we ever signed to a big money deal, but because it's been impossible for us to get out from under it. The way it was structured made him more expensive to release than to keep.

I remember when we signed him Overdorf and Whaley were lauded for the brilliancy of that contract, because they structured it in such a way that Miami couldn't match it under their salary cap constraints.   :wallbash:  Hey, they were right, Miami didn't match it....

Edited by QCity
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm just going off of what Lorenzo Alexander said on OneBillsLive today, but when talking about the special teams issues the last couple of weeks he said something to the effect of, "We get Julian Stanford back this week, he's one of our big special teams players, so that will help a lot." I hadn't really noticed him on special teams or realized that he was injured, but Zo thinks he's an important player.

Overpaid for current production:

Clay

DiMarco

Benjamin

4 minutes ago, QCity said:

I remember when we signed him Overdorf and Whaley were lauded for the brilliancy of that contract, because they structured it in such a way that Miami couldn't match it under their salary cap constraints.   :wallbash:  Hey, they were right, Miami didn't match it....

To be fair to them, Clay ended up being the best TE out of the 3 premium guys that year. At the time, he was looked at as a consolation prize but Jordan Cameron and Julius Thomas flamed right out of the league after their big deals. 

• Like (+1) 3

Stanford is a ridiculous athlete who excels on special teams. He was apparently outplaying Darron Lee in NY but never got a real shot because Lee was the first round pick. As folz said up top, he's been injured and out of the lineup and that has likely hurt the special teams units. I think that is a lot of money for a guy with that role, but I guess I will have to wait to see his impact. 

Dimarco was basically the best fullback in the league for 4-5 years in Atlanta and simply hasn't been used very much here. I do think they really came close to signing Kyle Juszczyk a couple of years ago and when they lost him may have panicked and pivoted to Dimarco. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

Kelvin Benjamin!! Anytime you can pay a guy $8.5M to get you 2 catches and 29 yards a game you have to do it!! The only thing that matches that insane production is his incredible work ethic. He’s such a heady player. We are really fortunate to have him setting the tone for that young WR room.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

7 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

The problem with Clay is they don't use him properly.  He CAN be a matchup nightmare, but how can that happen when you don't get him the ball?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

I have not heard Julian Stanford’s name once this year. $1.65 million ?

has Dimarco made a play since he signed with the Bills?  Awful contract.  And when the Bills ripped up Shadys contract and gave him a huge raise- another ***** move.  And every WR move the Beane has made he got ripped off

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

They wouldn’t be the Bills if they didn’t have overpaid FB on the roster. ??

9 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Since you’re saying performance based ...Charles Clay hands down then McCoy

....but the cap hit does not become digestible until 2019, designated as a post June 1 cut.....Bflo got snookered by the Fins, hoping to drive up their cap hit by matching the signed offer sheet....woefully backfired.......