Raiders now Shopping Derek Carr (?)

Raiders Shopping Derek Carr (?) Whats He Worth?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. If The Raiders are shopping Derek Carr Whats he Worth?

14 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Too bad we aren't going to be in the market. The Bills will never take that contract on.

At some point, the Bills will need to pay a franchise QB. A number 2 and a little more friendly restructure would be ok by me. 

25 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I wonder if the Dolphins would be interested.  Rumor has it they're done with Tannehill.

Doesnt Tanny have a hefty comtract also? 

Guest Mike147

Sam Bradford cost the Vikings a first if I'm not mistaken, though they were "desperate" after Bridgewater's injury.

Jimmy G cost the 49ers a second round pick.

Derek Carr is better than Bradford, and is more experienced as an NFL starter than Jimmy G. So while Carr is not an elite QB, I'd say he's good enough to command a first round pick, if not a couple of picks (e.g. a first and a second, or two seconds etc). 

15 hours ago, H2o said:

A team a year removed from a 12-4 record was it not?

So what?  The point was made that this “Reggie made” team is being dismantled currently, yet last year they weren’t good.

15 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

63%, 3500 yds, 22 TD/13 INTS. 

Yeah, so horrible.

The Raiders team is fine. It's all Derek Carr's fault.

Those aren’t numbers a similarly struggling team should give up a first or a second and 20 million a year for.  Those are numbers that helped a 12-4 team reach 6-10 before Gruden showed up.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Wow what the hell is Gruden doing, it's not like Carr is a total bum , if we didn't have Allen I would be all over this.

Broncos would love this, but no happening in division.

His best years were under Bill Musgrave who is currently the OC in Denver.

Apparently, Carr isn't a plug and play QB and there's ZERO chance Chuckles will let any offense but his own be ran.

This will not end well.

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So what?  The point was made that this “Reggie made” team is being dismantled currently, yet last year they weren’t good.

Those aren’t numbers a similarly struggling team should give up a first or a second and 20 million a year for.  Those are numbers that helped a 12-4 team reach 6-10 before Gruden showed up.

They're numbers a team with the no QB, the #3 defense, and tons of cap space next year should pay for.

Carr could use a nice change of scenery...in a different time zone...with a side of wings.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

It's pretty clear that Allen is nowhere close to ready, so I don't see there being much controversy until maybe year 3.

QBs are the biggest assets a team can own. You're in great shape if you have more than one good one.

i agree and and all the old cliches that get thrown around like not taking qbs 2 yrs. in a row , or making a move/trade such as this as f.o. taboo are ridiculous.

i'd rather have a f.o. that's independent of old tradition(s)....when needed.

16 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

It's pretty clear that Allen is nowhere close to ready, so I don't see there being much controversy until maybe year 3.

QBs are the biggest assets a team can own. You're in great shape if you have more than one good one.

Edited by billsredneck1