Raiders now Shopping Derek Carr (?)

Raiders Shopping Derek Carr (?) Whats He Worth?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. If The Raiders are shopping Derek Carr Whats he Worth?

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah, he has really wrecked that 6-10 beauty Reggie put together in 2017.

No chance the Giants would bring the fizzling Carr to replace the rotting carcass of Manning.

A team a year removed from a 12-4 record was it not?

Now let me look to see if we can fit the contract as is this year. I wouldnt want to adjust it. 

Nope have to free 6M space to fit it. 

So best way to Free that up would be to include Benjamin in the deal or another deal somewhere for him. 

Or redo some existing contracts like Hughes

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

He was scared as a child by a man whose sunglasses were retained by an effeminate chain.

I saw him at the HOF, he looked like the crypt keeper and he lived another decade. Honestly I'm not convinced he's dead, I think he went Howard Hughes and is feeding on the souls of the living somewhere in a Vegas hotel suite. Biding his time.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Carr isn't turning any team around.  Dude peaked 2 years ago, got paid than check out last year's numbers.  

63%, 3500 yds, 22 TD/13 INTS. 

Yeah, so horrible.

The Raiders team is fine. It's all Derek Carr's fault.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It's pretty clear that Allen is nowhere close to ready, so I don't see there being much controversy until maybe year 3.

QBs are the biggest assets a team can own. You're in great shape if you have more than one good one.

And if Carr were 30ish I would I totally agree. But you don’t trade for Carr AND keep Allen. You use Allen however you can to gain assets. I’m not advocating one way or the other, just that if one then the other. 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills should be all over this. 

You want the Rogers Farve situation??  

But they wont be thats the sad thing 

I mean, they just spent a few draft picks and shipped out players so they could get Allen. I can't really see them going after a QB making $25,000,000 a year. If this had come up last year I'm sure they would have. There are multiple reasons they can't be in on this. 

2 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

And if Carr were 30ish I would I totally agree. But you don’t trade for Carr AND keep Allen. You use Allen however you can to gain assets. I’m not advocating one way or the other, just that if one then the other. 

You're way overthinking this.

There's a legitimate franchise QB available. The type of guy the Bills can sit Allen behind for the 2-3 years he needs to develop. If he's ready to start then the Bills can move one of them for great value. Carr will still be young, too.

Bills fans should be clamoring for this to happen.

This is why we can't have nice things.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

I mean, they just spent a few draft picks and shipped out players so they could get Allen. I can't really see them going after a QB making $25,000,000 a year. If this had come up last year I'm sure they would have. There are multiple reasons they can't be in on this. 

He would be under 20M a year in a trade. Brings credibility to the offense and the QB position. 

Now instead of Allen being handed the job next year he has to earn it. And if you do it now and lets say Allen becomes legit next year you have a QB in Carr to flip for a higher pick. 

The issue is fitting his remaining 16M cap hit under this years cap space 

27 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I would send a 2nd over to Oakland in a heartbeat for Carr. 

His contract has a Annual Cap hit of under 20M once traded. This should be a no brainer for a team that doesnt have a QB 

I'd give them a 1st and 2nd for Carr and Amari Cooper.  Reap the benefits of a fire sale when you can.

Carr has regressed somewhat into a checkdown guy and Cooper had the dropsies last season but you can't ignore the talent.  One other issue I read about Cooper is that, despite his size, he struggles vs tight coverage on the outside.  Solution is to put him in motion or in the slot.  They would greatly improve the Bills pass offense.

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

What? That's all done. They have all their picks next year and then some. They currently have the #3 defense. This is a match made in heaven.

So easy, it's hard.

1 minute ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

I'd give them a 1st and 2nd for Carr and Amari Cooper.  Reap the benefits of a fire sale when you can.

Carr has regressed somewhat into a checkdown guy and Cooper had the dropsies last season but you can't ignore the talent.  One other issue I read about Cooper is that, despite his size, he struggles vs tight coverage on the outside.  Solution is to put him in motion or in the slot.  They would greatly improve the Bills pass offense.

An offer I think would get it done is. 

Benjamin, 2018 2nd, 2019 Conditional 3rd that can Elevate to a 1st. 

For Cooper and Carr

then would have to redo Hughes Contract to lower this years hit to fit them both. And maybe even do something with Shady’s number and Clays. Just to fit them under this years cap. 

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

What? That's all done. They have all their picks next year and then some. They currently have the #3 defense. This is a match made in heaven.

So easy, it's hard.

This trade puts playoffs this year back on the table (if they did it) and gives Josh the Aaron Rodgers Development timeline (perfect situation for him) 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

An offer I think would get it done is. 

Benjamin, 2018 2nd, 2019 Conditional 3rd that can Elevate to a 1st. 

For Cooper and Carr

then would have to redo Hughes Contract to lower this years hit to fit them both. And maybe even do something with Shady’s number and Clays. Just to fit them under this years cap. 

This trade puts playoffs this year back on the table (if they did it) and gives Josh the Aaron Rodgers Development timeline (perfect situation for him) 

HA----Even Gruden & the Raiders aren't that stupid  !!!