Raiders now Shopping Derek Carr (?)

Raiders Shopping Derek Carr (?) Whats He Worth?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. If The Raiders are shopping Derek Carr Whats he Worth?

No decent QB is coming here voluntarily for at least the next 2 years with Allen on roster.  We might actually be able to sign good free agent WR’s and TE’s with Carr on board.  We have more than enough cap space the next few years.  Carr could be cut anytime with no dead money.  Cleveland traded pick #65 for Tyrod and paid him $16m.  Carr is worth a 2nd rounder and $20m per year.  Hopefully Allen works out but he isn’t ready.  

• Like (+1) 2

I would trade a 2nd round pick and a player to the Raiders for Carr. Carr is way ahead of Allen and JA could use the time on the pine to study and learn the complex NFL defenses so he knows what OL protection to call at the line. Our kid has amazing potential but he needs to study till the game slows down for him, he can be great.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

I would trade a 2nd round pick and a player to the Raiders for Carr. Carr is way ahead of Allen and JA could use the time on the pine to study and learn the complex NFL defenses so he knows what OL protection to call at the line. Our kid has amazing potential but he needs to study till the game slows down for him, he can be great.

We already have a Derek.  Why would we need another. Heck our guy was a full time starter in 2010.  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, mannc said:

This is Gruden’s response to that outing by Rosen and the Cards last night.  He simply  will not be denied the no. 1 overall pick.  Unfortunately for him, he might just be one-and-done.

No chance he's 1 and done. Absolutely 0%. He can do what he wants. He probably gets 4 to 5 years no matter what. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

If you trade for Carr, you have to move Allen. Having that kind of controversy and constant debate isn’t healthy for the team. I don’t know what the Bills could get for him, but I just don’t think having both of them makes sense.

Sure it makes sense.  It puts them back to their original plan to let Allen sit.  If you have Carr you have a young vet, who has shown at times that he can be a difference maker.  If he plays to his potential consistently the Bills have years to let Allen simmer, and a trade chip that could recoup whatever pick they would give up for Carr (2nd/3rd rd pick). Carr also fits the on-field and off-field character of the process.

Every GM in the league will kick the tires, Beane included, because that's part of the gig.  I wouldn't anticipate the Bills making a serious move for Carr though.  Cooper, I believe Beane would be serious about.  Raiders ain't getting a first for Cooper, the Bills have $ to pay his new contract and they have 10 picks in April.  They can spare one for a talent like Cooper; and trading for him helps them avoid the competition of Free Agency which will drive up his price.

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

He was scared as a child by a man whose sunglasses were retained by an effeminate chain.

Keyshawn Johnson has a radio show out here and he called this.  He said Gruden would start scapegoating players, and said Carr could be traded at some point...  nothing will ever be Gruden's fault.  Lo and behold...

5 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Except it's not just carr, it's carr and cooper and mack, etc.

All of those players had more productive seasons than anyone the Bills let go, they are have no off field character issues we know of or consistent injury issues.  Gruden doesnt seem to have a plan.

2 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Just WHO are these legit free agent wideouts?  I seriously wanna know....

The 2019 free agent class looks mediocre, although led by Golden Tate and Randall Cobb.   There's also Funchess, Terrell Pryor (again) and Enumwa.   I think Tate or Cobb would immediately be the Bills #1 receiver while the others, meh.

• Like (+1) 1

If we can pay 16 million for tyrod we can pay 22 mill for a guy who does win games, he is very up and down. But allen can sit all of next year as well. I'd send a 2nd rounder all day. You can cut him any time after this year with no Cap issues.

2 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

No chance he's 1 and done. Absolutely 0%. He can do what he wants. He probably gets 4 to 5 years no matter what. 

I admit, it’s unlikely, due to the amount they are paying him, but the chance is not zero.  Gruden never should have been hired in the first place and Davis will realize that soon, if he hasn’t already.

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

I admit, it’s unlikely, due to the amount they are paying him, but the chance is not zero.  Gruden never should have been hired in the first place and Davis will realize that soon, if he hasn’t already.

I agree with you on everything besides him possibly being fired this year. Davis has the least cash flow of any owner, part of that is why Mack was traded, or at least it was a rumor. I can't see them just chalking up 100 mil loss in 1 year.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

8 hours ago, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

ESPN Talking heads said the Raiders are shopping Derek Carr and said he "might" be had for a 2nd. What do you think he's worth?

Wow what the hell is Gruden doing, it's not like Carr is a total bum , if we didn't have Allen I would be all over this.

Broncos would love this, but no happening in division.

6 minutes ago, cba fan said:

If they trade him now Raiders would have about 20 mill in dead cap spread out in 2018 and 19. And be out from under all the mega millions still owed.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/derek-carr-14445/

New team could cut him after this year for only a 7.5 mill dead cap.

I could see this happening with Raiders rumored financial problems.

Eh you're talking about Carr, we were talking about Gruden.

Edit- that said I don't mind the possibility of trading for him or that your thought process is off when it comes to the raiders and Carr @cba fan

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1