Browns Trading Carlos Hyde to the Jaguars for a 5th Round Pick

Just now, TheElectricCompany said:

He has 75 million reasons to stay in Cleveland. 

Fallen off a cliff? No K-9, that's what Kelvin Benjamin has done. 

Landry will put up his usual 80+ catches and 1000+ yards. Business as usual. 

I wasn't being serious when I suggested he'd demand a trade. Was just a comment on his impatient, finger pointing nature. 

I'll stick to my comment about him falling off a cliff statistically the last three games. It's night and day since he was moved outside. His hash is made in the slot where the boundary can't act as a defender. Although much of that may have to do with teams seeing more of Mayfield and adjusting accordingly. 

14 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

This isn't a smart trade.  Hyde has been a stud for them, and they are now an injury to Chubb away from having a powerful running game stripped away from them with a rookie QB.  All for a 5th round pick?  Not worth it.

Word - regardless of who's on your roster, Browns could have strong armed a rather desperate Jags team into at least a 4th if not 3rd. Especially for Hyde who has been doing well this season.

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Landry’s body language has been terrible. I don’t think he is demanding a trade but he’s not happy. Not sure he loves playing on the outside. 

...not to mention his mouth or his NFL pedigree to date......no crying towel here for his "unhappiness"......

I wonder what that means for TJ Yeldon, he'll be a free agent after this season. He can be a pretty versatile back, blocks and catches the ball pretty well. Marrone really prefers old school powerhouse backs and that's what he has with Fournette and now Hyde. Yeldon was someone I've had an eye on for the Bills considering I felt like 2019 might be Shady's final year in Buffalo. But recently it's been said they plan to keep Shady in 2019 and possibly beyond. 

6 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Woo hoo.

Added Ito Smith just before kickoff last weekend (Freeman news before waivers ran) and just beat out several other members on Chubb by a matter of seconds.  My RBs look a whole lot better and saved myself a ton of FAAB.

I picked up Judge Ito as well this week. My league was asleep!

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...not to mention his mouth or his NFL pedigree to date......no crying towel here for his "unhappiness"......

He’s a weathervane. When things are going well he’s all in and when they aren’t he’s disinterested and pissed instead of trying to lift his team and QB up. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I picked up Judge Ito as well this week. My league was asleep!

He’s a weathervane. When things are going well he’s all in and when they aren’t he’s disinterested and pissed instead of trying to lift his team and QB up. 

...and may he sit on that sharp arrow of his weather vane.....Aaron Williams approves of this message.................

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I wasn't being serious when I suggested he'd demand a trade. Was just a comment on his impatient, finger pointing nature. 

I'll stick to my comment about him falling off a cliff statistically the last three games. It's night and day since he was moved outside. His hash is made in the slot where the boundary can't act as a defender. Although much of that may have to do with teams seeing more of Mayfield and adjusting accordingly. 

If I was a betting man, I'd say the NFL record holder for catches will be just fine. 

31 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

This isn't a smart trade.  Hyde has been a stud for them, and they are now an injury to Chubb away from having a powerful running game stripped away from them with a rookie QB.  All for a 5th round pick?  Not worth it.

Actually Hyde is only averaging 3.4 yards per carry while Chubb is averaging 10.8 and has shown himself to be very explosive in his limited opportunities. 

13 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I wonder what that means for TJ Yeldon, he'll be a free agent after this season. He can be a pretty versatile back, blocks and catches the ball pretty well. Marrone really prefers old school powerhouse backs and that's what he has with Fournette and now Hyde. Yeldon was someone I've had an eye on for the Bills considering I felt like 2019 might be Shady's final year in Buffalo. But recently it's been said they plan to keep Shady in 2019 and possibly beyond. 

I'm fairly confident Yeldon is walking this offseason even before this trade happened. No sense in Jacksonville spending big money on a backup RB when they already have cap issues as is (if I remember correctly)

Just now, DCOrange said:

I'm fairly confident Yeldon is walking this offseason even before this trade happened. No sense in Jacksonville spending big money on a backup RB when they already have cap issues as is (if I remember correctly)

They are projected to be over the cap as things stand now.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yeah, I thought it was something like that. Yeldon will definitely be an option for Buffalo if they're interested in him/if they decide to move on from McCoy.

37 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yeah.  Hyde is redundant and more expensive. Fournette's hamstring has been an issue that he can't get past. 

I took fournette in fantasy this year thinking "Well., Marrone will run it with him 8532 times this year."
<_<

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Fowler is heading into FA as well

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

I took fournette in fantasy this year thinking "Well., Marrone will run it with him 8532 times this year."
<_<

Should have seen this move coming and had a handcuff on Hyde :lol: