Browns Trading Carlos Hyde to the Jaguars for a 5th Round Pick

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Browns Trading Carlos Hyde to the Jaguars for a 5th Round Pick
3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This isn't a smart trade.  Hyde has been a stud for them, and they are now an injury to Chubb away from having a powerful running game stripped away from them with a rookie QB.  All for a 5th round pick?  Not worth it.

• Like (+1) 9

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Very much so and they still have Duke Johnson. 

Sure, but Duke was never a threat to take significant carries in the run game away from Hyde; he's their pass-catching/change-of-pace guy.

Chubb is a very similar player to Hyde.  I think this probably says that Fournette is going to be out a while too.

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Just a matter of time before Landry demands a trade, too. 

I don't think Hyde demanded a trade and I don't expect Landry to do so either. Cleveland's been pretty decent this year and Landry is getting a ***** ton of targets to boot. I doubt he's really unhappy right now. I'd guess Cleveland is more likely to acquire another WR than to trade one away.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Sure, but Duke was never a threat to take significant carries in the run game away from Hyde; he's their pass-catching/change-of-pace guy.

Chubb is a very similar player to Hyde.  I think this probably says that Fournette is going to be out a while too.

Yeah.  Hyde is redundant and more expensive. Fournette's hamstring has been an issue that he can't get past. 

Just now, DCOrange said:

I don't think Hyde demanded a trade and I don't expect Landry to do so either. Cleveland's been pretty decent this year and Landry is getting a ***** ton of targets to boot. I doubt he's really unhappy right now. I'd guess Cleveland is more likely to acquire another WR than to trade one away.

Landry has fallen off a cliff since getting moved to wideout. And he doesn't strike me as a patient kind of guy. 

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Landry’s body language has been terrible. I don’t think he is demanding a trade but he’s not happy. Not sure he loves playing on the outside. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

This isn't a smart trade.  Hyde has been a stud for them, and they are now an injury to Chubb away from having a powerful running game stripped away from them with a rookie QB.  All for a 5th round pick?  Not worth it.

He really hasn't been remotely a stud. He's been a terribly inefficient runner for them and an absolute trainwreck as a pass blocker too. We'll see if Chubb does better, but I'm not sure this is a big loss unless Chubb gets hurt.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have him stashed on my FF bench for a reason. He’s been much better than Hyde but Hue has refused to play him. This is great!

Same here;  I drafted Hyde as my #3 back and picked up Chubb as insurance a few weeks back.  Interesting too see how he looks with a full workload.

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Landry has fallen off a cliff since getting moved to wideout. And he doesn't strike me as a patient kind of guy. 

He has 75 million reasons to stay in Cleveland. 

Fallen off a cliff? No K-9, that's what Kelvin Benjamin has done. 

By New Years, Landry will put up his usual 80+ catches and 1000+ yards. Business as usual. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany