Browns Trading Carlos Hyde to the Jaguars for a 5th Round Pick

31 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Hyde, they just used him up and spit him out. One of the newer cycles for running backs.
Chubb is fresh legs.
 churning rosters is the New NFL.

Chubb would have been a great fit in Buffalo. After a few games everyone will be in love with him.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Eagles are looking for an explosive RB with speed. Hyde is a power back. I’m sure if they could have gotten more for him out there they would have.

Plus there is Hyde’s contract to consider. That had to hurt his trade value. 

9 hours ago, ctk232 said:

Word - regardless of who's on your roster, Browns could have strong armed a rather desperate Jags team into at least a 4th if not 3rd. Especially for Hyde who has been doing well this season.

Hyde is on essentially a 1 year contract.  This is a 10 game (9 if you figure he won't play this weekend) for a 5th round pick. No one would pay more than that. 

Plus, Hyde has been solid but not great. 3.3 YPC. 5 TDs but all 2 yards or less.

10 hours ago, joesixpack said:

I took fournette in fantasy this year thinking "Well., Marrone will run it with him 8532 times this year."
<_<

I'm in two leagues...my backs are/were

Leveon Bell - hasn't seen the field or even his teammates

Jay Ajayi - IR

Devonte Freeman - IR

Joe Mixon - missed 2-1/2 games to injury

Carlos Hyde - just traded from being a starting RB to a backup

Alex Collins - meh

Todd Gurley - keeping me alive

I thought I was totally stacked at RB in both leagues...I was 3 or 4 backs deep. Now I basically only have Gurley in one league and Mixon in the other. Ugh!

6 hours ago, stuvian said:

Hyde for a 5th is tantamount to a cut. There must be more to the story

Not really. He's a low caliber starter. RB's continue to be a devalued position (except for the few elites, and those guys catch the ball often as well)

47 minutes ago, QCity said:

It's crazy how fans continually overvalue RB's and undervalue late round draft picks. Getting a 5th for Hyde is a steal for John Dorsey. Hyde is going to be 29 next season and bruising, power RB's depreciate fast. 

Exactly.

Edited by MJS

8 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

for 75 mil though? his last 3 games are down. new qb will do that for ya

Oh no he had a three game bad stretch that must mean he’s done!  Yes I’d take the contract and his 100 catches and around 1000 yards.  Compared to Benjamin he’s a hall of famer 

6 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Oh no he had a three game bad stretch that must mean he’s done!  Yes I’d take the contract and his 100 catches and around 1000 yards.  Compared to Benjamin he’s a hall of famer 

Oh I agree. Landry is hardly a scrub ! I am just suggesting that when Tyrod went down, and change of QB occurs , it takes some adjusting.

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Chubb only averages 2.5 carries/game. He’s never had more than 3. I think Dorsey is finally forcing Hue to use him by doing this. 

Hyde wasn't exactly killing it either. He only average 3.4 yards per carry, granted he was used a lot in short yardage situations and such which will deflate ypc but Hyde is a 28 year old back on a 1 year deal playing OK. If you have a high potential young player like Chubb behind him you can definitely justify getting a pick for the veteran player. 

22 hours ago, dezertbill said:

This isn't a smart trade.  Hyde has been a stud for them, and they are now an injury to Chubb away from having a powerful running game stripped away from them with a rookie QB.  All for a 5th round pick?  Not worth it.

What are U talking about? They still have Duke Joshson too...How many rbs do they need? We should be getting anything we could for Shady.

22 hours ago, dezertbill said:

This isn't a smart trade.  Hyde has been a stud for them, and they are now an injury to Chubb away from having a powerful running game stripped away from them with a rookie QB.  All for a 5th round pick?  Not worth it.

Hyde has been decent but he is only averaging 3.4 yards per carry (Granted he is a short yardage back which might be deflating his ypc) and he is only on a one year deal. Chubb is a young player getting buried behind a OK veteran RB. The Browns can sign another bruising back to backup Chubb, sure the quality won't be as good but it won't be a drastic step down. The Browns could sign Mike Gillislee, Christine Michael, or Thomas Rawls to backup Chubb in the early down role.

The Jags are desperate at RB probably preferring Yeldon to be a third down back and I think that the Jags also want to send a message to the locker room by adding talent to their team. The Browns got a decent pick for a player that was a rental anyway. 

Edited by billsfan89

On 10/19/2018 at 10:17 PM, cle23 said:

Hyde is on essentially a 1 year contract.  This is a 10 game (9 if you figure he won't play this weekend) for a 5th round pick. No one would pay more than that. 

Plus, Hyde has been solid but not great. 3.3 YPC. 5 TDs but all 2 yards or less.

And the jags still wanted him - all they have to make their Super Bowl push is TJ Yeldon. Most of their team that got them there last year (defense) will price out when their contracts are up and they only really have a handful more years to make it work.