McDermott's Judgement on offense is impaired.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

They both had accomplished DCs that you could trust to do their thing and be good. We don’t have that luxury at OC unfortunately.

I think they went the route of bringing in an OC who has HC aspirations.  I don't think daboll has been particularly good this year, but the talent is not there right now.  Might be the least talented unit in the NFL.

I'll judge much more heavily next year if they can fill some of these holes.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

His best spot is QB coach. Not OC, not HC.

perhaps MCD can hire him as QB coach! 

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

Let's hope this isn't the case for DaBoll. I'm still a skeptic, but praying I'm proven wrong.  Arizona sucked last night. And the worst part is that I had David Johnson as my lone Cardinal. Had he scored 3 more points, I would have won about 2 grand, instead I won $40 on Fan Duel. I'm digging these flex format games. 

I hate the solo game having an "MVP" slot.   Makes it too much like gambling, less like the skill(ish) playing it used to be for a single game.  

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

And to think, he was McD's #1 choice for OC last year, then comes Dennison, now DaBoll. This really makes me think that this FO and HC have no clue as to how to approach the offensive side of the ball. I hope I am wrong and DaBoll proves with Anderson that his scheme will work with marginal QB talent as long as it is executed. After seeing Rosen get obliterated last night, it's a good thing that Allen can take a few weeks to recover and get some insight.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cardinals-fire-mike-mccoy-after-humiliating-effort-against-broncos-byron-leftwich-named-oc/

How nice...  a guy is canned for ineptitude..... That inept guy is underperforming all but 1 of his piers league-wide... that one pier is our guy.

oh And Rosen was so cataclysmically bad he was almost Peterman bad....

its like that one playoff appearance cost all the good Bills karma in the universe 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, COTC said:

We made the playoffs last year, we were supposed to grow off that

Never were expectations set as a rebuilding/ failed year. 

not sure where you were but many/most of us understood what this year was in the process.  As for mcD spelling it out to us he did state that it was going to be a multiyear process.  Not sure how much more honestly you expect an NFL head coach to communicate.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, ctk232 said:

Just pick up the failed head coaches that were always great coordinators, to be our coordinators. Seems to work well - did for us with Schwartz at least. Pick up a failed head coach who was always a great OC to be our OC - less likely they get sought after by other teams with a lackluster track record as an HC. 

I'd go with this strategy....

40 minutes ago, sleeby said:

not sure where you were but many/most of us understood what this year was in the process.  As for mcD spelling it out to us he did state that it was going to be a multiyear process.  Not sure how much more honestly you expect an NFL head coach to communicate.

Not sure where your assumptions are from. 

I as well as the owners specifically Kim expected improvement and growth from the previous year. There is still a chance for improvement, let’s be patient instead of driving the loser/ rebuild mentality. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2018/8/12/17679630/kim-pegula-discusses-culture-change-passion-of-buffalo-bills-fans-athletic-2018

Edited by COTC

Just now, COTC said:

I as well as the owners specifically Kim expected improvement and growth from the previous year. There is still a chance for improvement, let’s be patient instead of driving the loser/ rebuild mentality. 

Do you honestly expect an owner to say they are rebiulding?   How do you sell tickets that way....NO OWNER is going to say that.

We are in fact in the middle of a rebiuld

2 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

It's pretty clear McD wants an experienced OC so he can be hands off on the offense and delegate that.

IMO that's a self defeating prophesy, basically "good" experienced OCs are head coaches now, or aren't going to leave for our situation.  So by limiting to experienced OCs and not taking a chance on lower position coaches, we are hiring into a scheme that's failed somewhere else.

The coaching talent surplus of the entire league can be described as regurgitated failure, with a few exceptions.

Hell, even BB is Cleveland's discarded trash.

9 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

The coaching talent surplus of the entire league can be described as regurgitated failure, with a few exceptions.

Hell, even BB is Cleveland's discarded trash.

....interesting how some in that pile of "churn and burn" resemble the state of the OB position league wide over the last decade.......with a few exceptions as well...........

2 hours ago, COTC said:

That’s mcds problem. He doesn’t coach the entire team. He is 1/2 the man he should be. 

He needs to rely on his coaches to make decisions on the offensive side off the ball, a recipe for failure. 

We made the playoffs last year, we were supposed to grow off that. 

Beane and Mcd tore this roster apart just to spite our previous GM. In turn, we have apologists, like you, making up excuses.  

We need to improve on last year or some coaches could be fired. 

Beane and McD seat is already warm...I think Dabs is the sacrifice/ excuse this year. 

Tore it apart? 

They lost their center to an injury, they lost their guard because he went bat ***** crazy. 

Darius was a waste of money and needed to go but that horrible salary is still on the books, not sure how thats so hard for people like you to figure out. 

I'm not an "apologist", I'm a realist. The roster is bad and there wasn't enough draft picks or money to fix it this year. 

I wasn't too pleased with the QB situation and trading AJ away was a bad decision but again him staying wasn't going to fix the problem. Sorry but 8-8 and they still will miss the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, COTC said:

That’s mcds problem. He doesn’t coach the entire team. He is 1/2 the man he should be. 

He needs to rely on his coaches to make decisions on the offensive side off the ball, a recipe for failure. 

We made the playoffs last year, we were supposed to grow off that. 

Beane and Mcd tore this roster apart just to spite our previous GM. In turn, we have apologists, like you, making up excuses.  

We need to improve on last year or some coaches could be fired. 

Beane and McD seat is already warm...I think Dabs is the sacrifice/ excuse this year. 

Looking back on the offseason transactions, it was pretty clear we were going to take a big step back (Eric Wood's freak injury, who knows what went on with Richie, and trading a chain moving QB for draft capital are the most notable). We stockpiled 5 of the top 65 picks to have them turn into Allen and Edmunds. If we didn't move up to get 'our' guys, we probably would have been able to address OL/WR better. That said, these issues were apparent from the beginning of FA and we could have - but didn't - address them thanks to cap constraints and/or players not interested in coming here (John Brown went Jeremy Maclin on us and picked the Ravens). Making the playoffs and finishing 2nd in the division increased the difficulty of our schedule by default, too. 

35 minutes ago, COTC said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2018/8/12/17679630/kim-pegula-discusses-culture-change-passion-of-buffalo-bills-fans-athletic-2018

So you looked at this roster before game 1 and expected improvement this season? Everyone wants the Bills to win but we have to be realistic here. The offense was horrible last year, and nothing was really changed except the OC. The OL is worse. You can say they took a step back at QB to be able to take leaps forward in the seasons to come but they are lacking offensive talent. If it wasnt for a good defense and turn overs the Bills would be getting blown out every game. 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

How nice...  a guy is canned for ineptitude..... That inept guy is underperforming all but 1 of his piers league-wide... that one pier is our guy.

oh And Rosen was so cataclysmically bad he was almost Peterman bad....

its like that one playoff appearance cost all the good Bills karma in the universe 

I think the fact that they have a first team all-pro running back... and a HOF WR... should help your rookie QB some.  McCoy is good, but what we're missing is the WR who gets open - ever.

21 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I think McD would feel obliterated to do so.

;)

...HIGHLY doubt it.....here is some  research into Daboll's resume' especially when he was OC,...Marrone was the Saints' "OC" under Payton?....who do you think called plays?...McCoy was Broncos HC under Daniels...who do you think called the plays?....Daboll was OC with Browns in 2009 under Mangini...same question....perhaps Philbin (Fins-2011) or Crennel (Chiefs-2012) gave him some latitude, BUT both were one year stints......don't see much "staying power" for him in OC position....tenure with Pats (2013-2016) was as offensive assistant and TE Coach, hardly "lofty".......genuine concern?...I would think so....