Astro's Bills Scouts Tracker via Google Docs

26CornerBlitz

Obviously things will change as we get closer to the draft, but man, some of DraftTek's rankings seem like they're way, way off. Like they have Devin Bush and Riley Ridley ranked as 5th or 6th rounders...I know McShay currently has Bush as a 1st round pick and I know the guys at The Draft Network all think Riley Ridley is like a 1st or 2nd round pick.

38 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Obviously things will change as we get closer to the draft, but man, some of DraftTek's rankings seem like they're way, way off. Like they have Devin Bush and Riley Ridley ranked as 5th or 6th rounders...I know McShay currently has Bush as a 1st round pick and I know the guys at The Draft Network all think Riley Ridley is like a 1st or 2nd round pick.

I feel this way every year about their board. There's always to many conflicts with my own evaluations to use them.

Bills had a scout at Ohio State 2 weeks ago for the IU game had Bills also had a scout at the OSU-Penn St game  i and don’t see any buckeyes on there.

will be live scouting a couple tomorrow were at the Stanford game last night 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Good stuff if you have subscription access.

BATON ROUGE, La. — Brandon Beane is scrambling.

Alabama has just gone up 22-0 on LSU at the end of the third quarter. The Buffalo Bills general manager has seen all he needs to see. He and assistant general manager Joe Schoen pack their bags and head for the exits at Tiger Stadium. Leaving before the fourth quarter typically allows them to beat traffic.

But a good chunk of the 102,000 LSU fans in attendance have the same idea. Traffic is already backed up on Nicholson Drive and the area around the stadium is flooded with fans, as those still in their seats belt out “Callin’ Baton Rouge.” Beane is crossing the street when a car whips around the corner and slams on its brakes feet before nearly hitting Beane. Schoen turns and laughs.

“I almost became a GM!” he jokes.

This type of ribbing between Beane and Schoen happens throughout the day, one that started at 9 a.m. in Oxford, Miss., and won’t end until Schoen drops Beane off at his house in Orchard Park around 2 a.m. During football season, the two men in charge of Buffalo’s front office spend more time with one another than with their wives.
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Good stuff if you have subscription access.

BATON ROUGE, La. — Brandon Beane is scrambling.

Alabama has just gone up 22-0 on LSU at the end of the third quarter. The Buffalo Bills general manager has seen all he needs to see. He and assistant general manager Joe Schoen pack their bags and head for the exits at Tiger Stadium. Leaving before the fourth quarter typically allows them to beat traffic.

But a good chunk of the 102,000 LSU fans in attendance have the same idea. Traffic is already backed up on Nicholson Drive and the area around the stadium is flooded with fans, as those still in their seats belt out “Callin’ Baton Rouge.” Beane is crossing the street when a car whips around the corner and slams on its brakes feet before nearly hitting Beane. Schoen turns and laughs.

“I almost became a GM!” he jokes.

This type of ribbing between Beane and Schoen happens throughout the day, one that started at 9 a.m. in Oxford, Miss., and won’t end until Schoen drops Beane off at his house in Orchard Park around 2 a.m. During football season, the two men in charge of Buffalo’s front office spend more time with one another than with their wives.

Maybe the best part of this article is the fact that between those two games alone, Beane got to see like 5 pass-catchers that are projected to be in the 1st/2nd round discussion. By my count, we're up to 14 WR/TEs that Buffalo has scouted that have a chance of going in the 1st or 2nd round.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:39 AM, DCOrange said:

Maybe the best part of this article is the fact that between those two games alone, Beane got to see like 5 pass-catchers that are projected to be in the 1st/2nd round discussion. By my count, we're up to 14 WR/TEs that Buffalo has scouted that have a chance of going in the 1st or 2nd round.

If you are including the 2020 draft, Alabama has 3 wide receivers who will almost certainly go in round 1 and another who is a true freshman who is in the same class already. This doesn't include the TE who gets better every week.

I am loving it that Beane is personally scouting these players.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.