If Derek Anderson and this defense begin to win games.....?

Rebel101

1 minute ago, Rebel101 said:

Lol so you think a raw quarterback who can’t read a defense pre or post snap. Doesn’t know which route is best against what coverage. Has accuracy issues and can’t beat a blitz is better then a QB who can do all those things in his sleep

Who says he can do all those things? He's a career backup.

Just now, CuddyDark said:

He's a career backup. He doesn't know what teams will plan for him as the starter.

Lol he’s been a starter. And he will actually know what’s going on with the defense acrossed from him. No one goes into the game knowing what the defenses game plan is. They adapt and adjust. Read the defense in front of them and take what is given. Something Allen has yet to learn how to do

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

Who says he can do all those things? He's a career backup.

Dude he still knows how to read a defense. Why do you think he was brought in to mentor Allen? Why do you think he was brought in to teach Cam Newton? Because he can help them learn to read a field. He can teach they what route to go to when a certain defense is present. He can show they what routes are best when a team is blitzing from a certain area. This is basic football knowledge it does not require physical skill.

4 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Lol so you think a raw quarterback who can’t read a defense pre or post snap. Doesn’t know which route is best against what coverage. Has accuracy issues and can’t beat a blitz is better then a QB who can do all those things in his sleep

Yes.

18 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Theres nothing logical about expecting Derek Anderson to lead this team to wins.

It's kinda hard to think that the offense won't get at least a little better.  Derek Anderson isn't a savior by any means but we're historically bad right now.

I think we have 3 TD passes all year?  Right now it's hard for Allen to break 100 yards passing in legit time.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Allen has been good?  The all 22 shows he’s been a complete fail.  He makes the wrong read or scrambles the majority of the time

No, of course he hasn’t been good. But he also hasn’t been a “complete failure” and completely inferior to a random bum they just signed off the couch a week ago.

Worst thing that could possibly happen.

A journeyman QB that is not the answer and does NOTHING for our future successes pushes our draft pick further down and then likely with this regime causes them to trade up to get a guy they want, wasting picks they really need instead of just being able to stand pat and get the guy they want or even trade down and pick up more picks.

This SHOULD be every Bills fan worst nightmare and unfortunately one that has a decent chance of coming to fruition especially with the way the defense is playing.

Edited by matter2003

50 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

This the statement. What do you think the Buffalo Bills should do. But also what do you think the Buffalo Bills will do. I think with our defense and a veteran QB the team has a chance to succeed. I believe Anderson will capitalize off turnovers and win us a few games. It is a tough spot though because you have already started developing Josh Allen. I believe the Bills FO has to put his development as the top priority. So should he sit and learn and how how a QB can succeed in this league? Or should they put him back out there and let him take his lumps? I believe Anderson should play as long as he can if he is winning. But I also believe the Bills will put Allen back in no matter what the outcome is of Anderson’s run as a starter.

It also depends on how he is winning.

Sure, it is unlikely, but if you are telling me they are winning and over a few games he is averaging 15-24, for 225 yards and a 1.5 TDs per game maybe you consider keeping him in.

The moment he slides you pull the leash.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

And this also is complete crap

I guess we are somehow looking at different all 22s.  He CONSTANTLY leaves the pocket early when there’s still time to hang in there and allow the receivers to get open.  Instead of keeping his eyes up, he drops them and scrambles and misses his window to hit them. He diagnoses the hot route and the throws to the flat extremely late,  he throws lots of balls into the dirt and drills easy slants as hard as he can.  The WRs hasn’t done him any favors and our OL is bad, but his play has been worse than both of those units..  

if you disagree, we can agree to disagree.  I don’t have time to debate such hot garbage.  He’s has been a failure so far.  Just as many thought he would be.  He’s a good kid and I think he can and WILL get better.....but right now......he sucks.  

Just now, NewEra said:

I guess we are somehow looking at different all 22s.  He CONSTANTLY leaves the pocket early when there’s still time to hang in there and allow the receivers to get open.  Instead of keeping his eyes up, he drops them and scrambles and misses his window to hit them. He diagnoses the hot route and the throws to the flat extremely late,  he throws lots of balls into the dirt and drills easy slants as hard as he can.  The WRs hasn’t done him any favors and our OL is bad, but his play has been worse than both of those units..  

if you disagree, we can agree to disagree.  I don’t have time to debate such hot garbage.  He’s has been a failure so far.  Just as many thought he would be.  He’s a good kid and I think he can and WILL get better.....but right now......he sucks.  

Go back like I did and watch each offensive play against the Texans.  You will see he got the ball out quicker, was more accurate than earlier games.  No denying it if you actually watch.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Dude he still knows how to read a defense. Why do you think he was brought in to mentor Allen? Why do you think he was brought in to teach Cam Newton? Because he can help them learn to read a field. He can teach they what route to go to when a certain defense is present. He can show they what routes are best when a team is blitzing from a certain area. This is basic football knowledge it does not require physical skill.

This is a joke. If he was so good why didn't he beat Cam out?

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

And this also is complete crap

Oh so the way Allen has played this year you want him to play for the rest of his career? You will be okay with that then? You know we have a historically bad offense right? We are ranked 32. There are only 32 to teams and the Cardinals are 31st who are better then is by a decent margin. Everything you say sir is complete crap lol

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's kinda hard to think that the offense won't get at least a little better.  Derek Anderson isn't a savior by any means but we're historically bad right now.

I think we have 3 TD passes all year?  Right now it's hard for Allen to break 100 yards passing in legit time.  

There are many pieces of the “historically bad offense” puzzle. Allen is one piece. Replacing that one piece with Anderson isn’t going to make a difference. I don’t care how “experienced” Anderson is.

Allen had four full games. He passed for less than 100 yards in one of them. Somehow that has led to a weirdly common “Right now it's hard for Allen to break 100 yards passing in legit time” perception here.

Which in turn has led to a belief that literally anyone else at QB would turn this offense around.

It’s pretty absurd.

7 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

No, of course he hasn’t been good. But he also hasn’t been a “complete failure” and completely inferior to a random bum they just signed off the couch a week ago.

We average 123 yards passing a game,  worst in the league.  The next worst team averages 152 a game.  How is that not a complete failure?  We may have the worst passing attack in nfl history,