If Derek Anderson and this defense begin to win games.....?

Rebel101

This the statement. What do you think the Buffalo Bills should do. But also what do you think the Buffalo Bills will do. I think with our defense and a veteran QB the team has a chance to succeed. I believe Anderson will capitalize off turnovers and win us a few games. It is a tough spot though because you have already started developing Josh Allen. I believe the Bills FO has to put his development as the top priority. So should he sit and learn and how how a QB can succeed in this league? Or should they put him back out there and let him take his lumps? I believe Anderson should play as long as he can if he is winning. But I also believe the Bills will put Allen back in no matter what the outcome is of Anderson’s run as a starter.

I put Allen in as soon as he’s ready. 

Anderson is here to show him the ropes, he gets 3-4 games now to study film with josh and see how he prepares for game day, but I don’t think Anderson is going to have much success. I hope I’m wrong I’d like to see a competitive offense I’m just not sure he has anything left in the tank 

• Like (+1) 2

It really depends on how Anderson plays. I’m not saying it is going to happen. But if this team rattled off 50% or better with Anderson in there, and he’s throwing for 300+ and 2TDs a game, or better. You keep him in there and let Allen learn from watching for now. 

However, if Anderson is anything short of looking like a real NFL QB out there, yiu put Allen back in the minute he’s ready. 

• Like (+1) 1

Seriously dude, after the Bills play the Colts, they face NE, Chicago, the Jets, and Jacksonville.  Even if you allow them a fighting chance against the Jets (I wouldn't at this point but it's the most likely), Derek Anderson is never going to develop a "hot hand" against the Pats, the Bears, and the Jags.  Not happening.

15 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

This the statement. What do you think the Buffalo Bills should do. But also what do you think the Buffalo Bills will do. I think with our defense and a veteran QB the team has a chance to succeed. I believe Anderson will capitalize off turnovers and win us a few games. It is a tough spot though because you have already started developing Josh Allen. I believe the Bills FO has to put his development as the top priority. So should he sit and learn and how how a QB can succeed in this league? Or should they put him back out there and let him take his lumps? I believe Anderson should play as long as he can if he is winning. But I also believe the Bills will put Allen back in no matter what the outcome is of Anderson’s run as a starter.

As an outsider, you let Allen sit which I believe was the plan in the beginning and learn from a vet QB.  There is no harm in having the kid watch from the sidelines

Obviously if he wins every game Allen is out then they have no choice but to stick with the Veteran. I don't see things going that way and would put Allen back in when healthy. If Anderson plays well enough it is possible they won't bring Allen back in until they have been eliminated from playoff consideration.

I guess I am leaning towards putting Allen back in once he's cleared to play again.  He can still learn from Derek Anderson, but as someone above said, I think this is Allen's team and he needs to be shown that by the coaches.  This'll also help his confidence knowing he's not going to get yanked every time he has a bad game.  Let the kid learn once cleared.

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

As an outsider, you let Allen sit which I believe was the plan in the beginning and learn from a vet QB.  There is no harm in having the kid watch from the sidelines

Exactly. If anything, the harm was already done by not having an Anderson or the like since day one. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

5 minutes ago, Wo-Bah said:

I guess I am leaning towards putting Allen back in once he's cleared to play again.  He can still learn from Derek Anderson, but as someone above said, I think this is Allen's team and he needs to be shown that by the coaches.  This'll also help his confidence knowing he's not going to get yanked every time he has a bad game.  Let the kid learn once cleared.

He'll actually get that chance to learn from the sidelines for a few weeks... like you know - the original plan.