Buffalo Bills losing to a CFL team

4 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

Not that you care cause it seems your making a willfully dumb thread, but in the 60s the CFL was much more like the USFL of the 80s, it was a true alternative league to the NFL , was full of NFL talent and players often chose the CFL over the NFL or at a minimum it was just a notch below.

How is this a dumb thread? It's better than every other thread that's basically a clone of each other. If you don't like the thread then don't reply although thanks for the informative answer.

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Factually incorrect. We were an AFL team. In the second year of its existence.

Well. technically we are in the NFL now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Augie said:

It’s all in the details.....Derek Anderson WAS starting for the CFL team that day.

But I could be wrong on that.....

And the Bills were leading in the 4th quarter until a backup Quarterback called Nathan Peterman came in and threw a couple of picks. 

Don't worry though... the Head Coach in 1961 was pretty sure that given another 57 years of development Peterman would learn from his mistakes. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

This is bizarro land.  Who gives a flying ***** about a game that took place in 1961?  ***** Derek Anderson is our starting QB on Sunday, and he’s almost as old as our head coach!

He’s 35, a relative youngster compared to Brady and Brees.

14 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

So according to Wikipedia and some random guy commenting on Youtube that referenced this fact on August 8, 1961 the Tiger-cats of Hamilton beat the Buffalo Bills in a exhibition game 38-21. I consider myself a die hard Buffalo Bills fan and I have never in my life heard this before. Prior to that there were 2 other exhibition games against Steelers and Cardinals where both CFL teams lost. So adding to the fact that we are the only team to lose 4 Superbowls in a row, we are also the only NFL team to lose to a Canadian team. Go Bills! 

Heres a link : 

Chronic, If you have any of the media guides (I speaking of the old ones, I don't know what they do now, but it was always in there in the 70s) the Ti-Cats loss was always in there.

Respectfully, you shouldn't confuse a 59 year old, 49 years in the modern day NFL franchise with an expansion team in an expansion league that had one year under its belt.  Hamilton's franchise was 11 years old at the time and I don't believe there was as big a disparity as there is today.

EDIT:  Interesting reading about the ti-cats, and the CFL or Canadian football in general.

In short, 1950 is the CFL for Hamilton, but the team can trace its roots back to 1869.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

10 hours ago, paulbills said:

That's funny, I'm from Hamilton, I think it would be fun to see this happen nowadays. I think the Tiger-Cats might have a chance if it was played with CFL rules. 

Our top 3 NFL defense would chew them up and spit them out.

Aren't CFL teams usually a lot of smaller guys, too?

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Our top 3 NFL defense would chew them up and spit them out.

Aren't CFL teams usually a lot of smaller guys, too?

too bad the top half of teams don't give a fig about D, they will put up 45 and allow 35.

Bills in 2018 playing 1970s football isn't that far from 1961

top D and Shady the top offensive threat, woo-hoo-hoooooooooooooooooooo

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

too bad the top half of teams don't give a fig about D, they will put up 45 and allow 35.

Bills in 2018 playing 1970s football isn't that far from 1961

top D and Shady the top offensive threat, woo-hoo-hoooooooooooooooooooo

That has nothing to do with the topic. We were talking about a CFL team vs the Bills.

On 10/18/2018 at 5:53 PM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

So according to Wikipedia and some random guy commenting on Youtube that referenced this fact on August 8, 1961 the Tiger-cats of Hamilton beat the Buffalo Bills in a exhibition game 38-21. I consider myself a die hard Buffalo Bills fan and I have never in my life heard this before. Prior to that there were 2 other exhibition games against Steelers and Cardinals where both CFL teams lost. So adding to the fact that we are the only team to lose 4 Superbowls in a row, we are also the only NFL team to lose to a Canadian team. Go Bills! 

Heres a link : 

Jim Kelly was 1 year old. Why didn’t he come off the bench to get us the W?