Daboll vs Hackett

2 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

In retrospect Nate and marrone did a good job realizing Whaley stuck them with garbage with Manuel, getting an uninspired Orton to become serviceable after missing camp , getting a win out of Thad and an almost win from tuell. 

It's early, but have Allen or Peterman shown themselves to be better than EJ? I'd say it is kind of a push so far.

Edited by Buftex

The jury is still out on Daboll imo. When we upgrade the OL and the WR group in the offseason then I will be a bit more critical. Right now he's had Peterpick and a rookie trying to learn on the fly to work with. Anderson is a vet. Let's see how he does. There have been guys open in the passing game, but either OL doesn't hold up or the guys are simply being missed.  

Hackett is working with a superior group at the skill positions and his team has a decent OL. Without Fournette the struggles are starting to be evident. They also lost Cam Robinson, their best OT to injury. I felt like Hackett was bland and predictable here. The only reason we're even having this convo is because their team got hot at the right time last year and almost rode it to the SB. Other than that run Hackett has mostly been the same imo, only he's had Fournette and a top 3 defense making things appear to be different.  

Edited by H2o

15 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I'm not sure why I have to choose between Necco Wafers and Candy Corn in a world where Reeses peanut butter cups, Snickers, Kit Kats, or Nerds are otherwise available.

Is there some stated law that this organization must make bad hires?

This is much more polite, that the analogy I was going to make which is "which smells better, poodle poop or Labrador poop?"

I find it amusing most fans were ready to run Hackett out of town in Buffalo and then he and Moron go to Jax with a great Defense, improved Offensive line and the 4th overall pick that is a stud RB to make it to the AFC Title game and know Hackett is pretty good. We all remember they had EJ Manuel in Buffalo right? We also remember that Moron's shtick got old with the local media, right? Hackett is the one who said they were going to run CJ Spiller "until he pukes".....Coughlin has made that team by building on what was already there and making some key acquisitions and Drafting. 

Daboll is trying to make hay with dog poo....let's see how Anderson does over the next couple weeks in Daboll's Offense. This week will be tough to judge since Anderson doesn't know the whole playbook, but by week 3, Anderson should have it down. Additionally, Daboll is dealing with a super green Rookie, WRs who either can't get separation or fail to be interested in playing for paycheck and an aging RB. Again, apples to oranges. Let's see how it goes over the next couple seasons. 

In his time here, Hacket was not very good....he had to deal with the EJ fiasco.......but, his O was pretty non discript.  I see Dabolls O was more NFL like today, and, given even a few more horses, would have a good NFL O.   Of course, Daboll looks good next to Dennisen who was not a NFL caliber Coordinator imho.

23 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Chan Gailey managed to produce some offense out of replacement level players for a while .  Maybe he could have worked some magic on our guys lol

Yes, Gailey was the only coach (he was also the OC, even though Mankins had the title) in recent memory who got the most out of his offensive players.