OCT 11. 2009- Bills v. Browns

Mango

On this day QB Derek Anderson and OC Brian Daboll masterfully engineered a 6-3 win over the Buffalo Bills. Going 2-17, for a total of 23 yards. 9 years later they are BOTH on the Bills. I don't even know how that happens...

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

On this day QB Derek Anderson and OC Brian Daboll masterfully engineered a 6-3 win over the Buffalo Bills. Going 2-17, for a total of 23 yards. 9 years later they are BOTH on the Bills. I don't even know how that happens...

well... at least its in a dome...?  IIRC that was an especially windy game

Edited by dneveu

46 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I was at the game. It was a gorgeous day but really really cold for early October. I absolutely don't remember that it was windy at all but I'm not 100% sure.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

The only explanation I can muster is that conclusions are based on more than 1 game?  

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Was this the game that had 40 to 60 mph wind gusts?

Yup one of the most boring mind numbing games of the DJ era ;)

13 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

Was at this game... was not the wind one.  Was super sunny. Browns punter put us at the 1 like 3-4 times

I thought it was breezy that day?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200910110buf.htm

47F....... 54 % Humidity.....Wind 13mph

Kind of windy but not that bad.

40 minutes ago, holla83 said:

I was there too. In addition to the barn burner of a game that it was, I also remember the Bills committing a crazy amount of false start penalties.

...so fast forward to NOW with our offensive illegal formation penalties.....some things never change......

• Like (+1) 1

I remember also bringing a large group of Canadians who attended at the same time their first live NFL game. They all told me after the match that the CFL was way much better and more exciting. They never came back. lollll

The HC for that game was Dick "Play Not To Lose By Too Much" Jauron who was on his way to being canned before the end of the season.  Depending on whether or not McDermott loses the locker room, he may also find himself unemployed.

8 hours ago, dneveu said:

I was at that game, and it was cold and windy as hell. And a miserable game to watch as it ended 6-3. 

4 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I had a miserable hangover that Sunday, watched it from home and the way I felt matched the atmosphere of the game.  Will never forget that one...unfortunately 

I also will never forget that game...

8 hours ago, Mango said:

1. Seemingly the only requirement for Beane is that you are an ex-Panther. So that explains Anderson. 

2. McDermott told you what his offense looks like: Running the ball in snowy Buffalo. So you get 90-year old Dennison and run-heavy Daboll. 

It all lines up to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

Sully’s column in the BN after this game was a gem. That was before paywalls were all the rage too. I couldn’t find a usable link to the actual post game article, but I did find one that he wrote a week later, with a similar flavor. Njoy

https://buffalonews.com/2009/11/02/blast-from-super-bowls-past-could-give-bills-needed-spark/

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

I’m pretty sure Rob Ryan was the Browns defensive coordinator that day as well.   Interestingly enough I remember that day starting well with like a 20 plus yard completion to T.O.  Don’t have to mention how the rest of that day went 

It’s like playing 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon with these guys like Daboll & DA, except substitute a Ryan brother! 

• Like (+1) 1