WR Cam Phillips signed to Bills 53; Robert Foster released/signed to PS

YoloinOhio

50 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i am.  did josh hit him in the hands during the regular season?  the closest one i saw was when josh was determined to go to him and he was covered like skin x2.....

fortunately it was overthrown.  foster was just a 2nd, maybe 3rd read and that wasn't happening much. actually, cam and foster should both be playing.

if the vet is patient and uses the pocket, maybe those options will have time to open up. imo, rayray should be on the p.s......of course i would have reilly on the roster.

we need a younger faster hogan......bad....

Figures.

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think we are missing Woods. He was heart and souls and really intense. There is nothing like that in the receiving corps. Seems like there is not edge or leadership there. 

I agree. Robert would be our reliable  #1 possession wr and flash our deep threat. Oh well, gotta keep drinking the process koolaid. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I think Daboll was hoping early on that Josh could connect with Foster on a couple deep throws to force opponents to defend the entire field.  That obviously didn't work out.

As far as I could tell, Foster's only football skill was that he could run fast.  

Honestly, i was hoping the same very thing.

Hope is a funny emotion by itself. But a veritable conundrum for Long Standing Bills Fans.

and yet?
Hoping Phillips shows well just the same

19 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I wish him the best but he has very small hands, he is not big, and ran a 4.79 40. For comparison a guy like KB at 6-5, 245 ran a 4.61. Obviously I hope he does great, but numbers like that don't often project. 

you are aware of the injury that likely affected his combine time for speed. had he played Teams in College ?
I am surprised at you at just quoting stats here. Take a deeper look if you have time. BTW a half shot of kool aid always helps me
Think he might work himself into the roster.

When i pour half shots of koolaid ? i pour them , half full. 

16 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

you are aware of the injury that likely affected his combine time for speed. had he played Teams in College ?
I am surprised at you at just quoting stats here. Take a deeper look if you have time. BTW a half shot of kool aid always helps me
Think he might work himself into the roster.

When i pour half shots of koolaid ? i pour them , half full. 

I could definitely use a shot or two. But yeah I got u. I think he was coming off a hernia or something, but the scouting people thought he was slow before that time at his pro day. I am a bit of a numbers guy myself, but one must admit, hurt or not, that is an alarmingly slow time. My other thing with Cam is I know he had a good camp but I don't remember him doing anything in pre season games. Like I said I hope he lights the world on fire, but I highly doubt this is Stevie 2.0. I hope I am wrong! 

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

i am.  did josh hit him in the hands during the regular season?  the closest one i saw was when josh was determined to go to him and he was covered like skin x2.....

You must have missed his "hit both hands and dropped it" highlight reel.

I'll post it in a bit.

Here ya go.

Spiral on the ball:

spin.jpg

No spiral on the ball:

nospin.jpg

Doing his best McD hand clap there.

Edited by The Wiz

19 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I could definitely use a shot or two. But yeah I got u. I think he was coming off a hernia or something, but the scouting people thought he was slow before that time at his pro day. I am a bit of a numbers guy myself, but one must admit, hurt or not, that is an alarmingly slow time. My other thing with Cam is I know he had a good camp but I don't remember him doing anything in pre season games. Like I said I hope he lights the world on fire, but I highly doubt this is Stevie 2.0. I hope I am wrong! 

I suspect he is / was a more raw project type ?

Lighting the world on fire is beyond my hopes right now. I just would like to see some one who will run routes correctly and in earnest. Catch more than he drops.
Not expecting any thing much right away. But Foster, i just did not feel he was an asset to the team so far.
so.. hope this kid can screw his head on straight under the big lights and make some plays.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

This team is missing about three real WRs 

you might be right.

• Like (+1) 1

Cam was having a really nice training camp and the coaches seemed high on him, but then he suffered a groin injury, kind of killing his chances at making the 53. 

Maybe he'll turn out to be a diamond-in-the-rough.

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Foster has been invisible the last two games so no surprise that he'd be cut.

Do you know who else spends alot of time invisible....Kelvin Benjamin! Foster probably shouldn't have made the team from the beginning.....but since the young man is the only wr with some type of speed, why not give him a chance to develop into something.....Robert....don't let them sign you to the practice squad....go play for a real team, thats not looking for all their wrs to be tall and slow!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Jaywrizzo said:

Do you know who else spends alot of time invisible....Kelvin Benjamin! Foster probably shouldn't have made the team from the beginning.....but since the young man is the only wr with some type of speed, why not give him a chance to develop into something.....Robert....don't let them sign you to the practice squad....go play for a real team, thats not looking for all their wrs to be tall and slow!

You must be kidding. No team is going to put him on their 53. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jaywrizzo said:

200w.gif?cid=19f5b51a5bc950027061446b6b5

9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Foster has been invisible the last two games so no surprise that he'd be cut.

Unfortunately Ray-Ray was much more visible. Another dumb move.  Foster could at least stretch the defense and get open.  Ray-Ray has done nothing to deserve a roster spot except get drafted.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Unfortunately Ray-Ray was much more visible. Another dumb move.  Foster could at least stretch the defense and get open.  Ray-Ray has done nothing to deserve a roster spot except get drafted.

Yep. Ray Ray has been a big disappointment so far. Too early to give up on him but he has skills we need and has been playing scared. Fumbled 3+ times. 

Sorry for this rant, but the thing that bothers me, and this is 20/20 hindsight but watching Valdez-Scantling and Eq St. Brown doing things in Gren Bay frustrates me. These are guys we passed on in the draft round after round. They weren't good enough for us, but they were good enough to crack the depth chart in Green Bay? 

It it just annoys me. I mean I like the upside of Siran Neal, but I'd rather have Valdez-Scantling who we had in for a visit and we passed on St. Brown for Ray Ray. It just feels off. Why can't we ever have long, high upside recievers around? Good enough for all the good teams, but not good enough for us? No we get all of the slow tiny ones.