WR Cam Phillips signed to Bills 53; Robert Foster released/signed to PS

YoloinOhio

With all that deep speed it's kind of surprising that Daboll couldn't figure out how to get a connection between Allen and Foster to keep defenses honest. There must have been some sort of Alabama connection somewhere. 

Anyway, cheers to a WR that will actually catch the passes thrown to him.

52 minutes ago, billspro said:

I hope he is Stevie Johnson 2.0

Guessed it haha

He actually isn't much like Stevie.  He might add return value although he didn't do it much in college.  He can catch the ball and is the all time leader in receiving yards at V tech.  I am actually surprised he was cut and I am even more surprised McCloud wasn't the one to leave after the game on Sunday.

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

And he's given #87, a real receiver number. This must be pretty serious

Doesn't that make him the only WR currently on the roster with such a number? That's crazy to me for some reason. 

Just now, Billzgobowlin said:

He actually isn't much like Stevie.  He might add return value although he didn't do it much in college.  He can catch the ball and is the all time leader in receiving yards at V tech.  I am actually surprised he was cut and I am even more surprised McCloud wasn't the one to leave after the game on Sunday.

They used a draft pick on McCloud so he has a longer leash. 

56 minutes ago, Doc said:

I didn't realize Marlon Kerner was working for the Bills.  As for Foster, did they even play him?

I was thinking the same thing. He and Thomas Smith were such an underrated tandem at CB. 

Cool to know he's still with the team in some capacity.

5 minutes ago, Philo Beddoe said:

Doesn't that make him the only WR currently on the roster with such a number? That's crazy to me for some reason. 

Yeah, I will never understand this team's obession with giving WR's numbers from 10-19. Those 80's numbers are either given to our tight ends or collect dust for some reason

My guess - and it is only a guess, but with the change at QB for the next couple of weeks - Foster would have been even more of an unused asset.  DA will need more short and intermediate routes and that is where Cam comes in along with Zay.

Josh Allen could use a guy like Foster where as Anderson can not.  Josh just was not at a point trust wise to use Foster consistently and Foster did not make the plays when they tried.

I would not be surprised to see other changes to the WR group in the next couple of weeks since Anderson has not worked with any of these guys - a change is less of a big deal than when Josh was QB.

Edited by Rochesterfan

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Yeah, I will never understand this team's obession with giving WR's numbers from 10-19. Those 80's numbers are either given to our tight ends or collect dust for some reason

I'm guessing it's been quite a few years since a team has told the player what # to wear, the player gets to choose. 

Or maybe I'm wrong and it's just old school where training camp overflow players get #s in the teens and then once they made it, they get a # in the 80s.  McD just doesn't feel any of them have earned an 80s #...until now!!! 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What you talkin' 'bout Willis?  He's not even on anyone's Practice Squad. 

Rumor has it he's been working out w/ Da'Rick on TSW field of dreams. 

• Like (+1) 1